Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle
Chanel Twinkle Glossimer

4.1

on 6/9/2009 10:01:00 PM

I've purchased this gloss for the past 5-6 years now. It's such a pretty shimmery pink/peach color and it has the right amount to stickiness to it. The price, I think, is a little ridiculous for a gloss but I haven't been able to find any other colors like this which is why I've been going back for more.

on 5/31/2009 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Click continue for swatches. This is the newest edition to small collection of glossimers. A regional makeup artist for Chanel picked out this color for me during a recent makeover at the Chanel counter (paired with the Oasis Eye Quad). This reminds me of a deeper pigmented version of pin-up. It looks great on my currently NC25/Chanel Soft bisque skin. As with all glossimers this is relatively nonsticky (for a gloss), last about 2 hours, and is moisturizing. Worth the money. I have yet to find a glossimer I dont like.

continued >>

on 2/5/2009 9:16:00 PM

I like this one because I think it's an inbetween shade that can go over many colors. It's got some gold and some coral and can tone down brighter shades of lipstick or add color to something nude. It's an odd one, but I like the versatility.

on 5/27/2009 9:54:00 AM

I ove this gloss! Obviously it is not the perfect colour for everybody (I have a couple of expensive glosses that I bought because of the very good reviews here and that were terribly bad for me in terms of colour). I think it's a very fresh, polished lipgloss for fair skinned laidies. Not a colour I've found in cheaper breands.
It has pigment and decent lasting power (for a gloss and compared with others).

on 5/27/2009 11:50:00 PM

I like glossimers but this color didn't work for me (NW15). In the tube it reminded me of MAC Nymphette but once applied it was way too gold to look flattering on me. I'm giving it a three because the quality is great, it's just the color I'm not in love with.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was very pretty, but very sticky, expensive and not worth the price.

In the tube, this is a beautiful, pinky-peach gloss with a just the right amount of golden shimmer. When applied, however, the color is less than perfect. On my lips, it simply looks like a golden peach gloss. Might I add...heavy on the gold. The texture is lovely, and I really like the way it feels on my lips. Regarding the packaging, there must be a slight flaw in the tube. After a couple of uses, I noticed product would goop up around the top, and I had to wipe gloss of the cap each time I used it. This is an expensive product, and I hate the thought of wasting one drop!

on 8/25/2008 9:41:00 PM

i love chanel glossimers in general. As always, this has a great texture and decent staying power. But twinkle is not a shade I would recommend to anyone who likes to wear just lipgloss on its own. Two coats of this looks frosty in the most tacky way. I enjoy wearing this but only over a lip pencil and or a lipstick, just for a little glitter and shine.

on 12/20/2008 11:39:00 PM

I got this in a Duty Free shop in Newark airport, so I only paid about $23 for it. However, I would've paid $30 for this fabulous lip gloss! It's one of those rare 'gorgeous in the tube, gorgeous on' shades that works well with my fair skin and dark hair. Since it is so light, I do wear it over Rimmel's Sorbet lip liner, to give it a more polished look. I've been wearing this for three months now, and it's my go-to gloss for almost every occassion. I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 9/7/2008 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I didn't swatch this before I bought this and I regret that. It looked like a beautiful cotton candy pink with gold shimmer in the tube. When I put it on it was just a frosty gold color. This is the only Glossimer I own and I was very disappointed. Maybe I'll try them again some day.