Pantene Scrunching Gel

Pantene Scrunching Gel

on 9/7/2005 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is affordable (I got it for $2.50 on sale at Fred Meyer) and has a neutral fragrance. It also defines "scrunched" curls well in my fine, curly hair. However, it gave me terrible crunchies that turned into puffies when I tried to use a pick. I ended up returning it, as well as the volumizing hairspray.

on 5/4/2005 12:23:00 PM

I took a chance on this, thinking OK, am tired of spending $$ on expensive products for my curly/wavy hair. I was so pleased with the results!!! This provided curl definition, soft, no crunch (big plus) and you can't beat the price.

on 7/6/2004 10:52:00 AM

I've used this gel for years and still love it. I use it while my hair is still wet, scrunch with a towel, and let it air dry. It gives pretty good definition, definitely doesn't weigh my hair down, and gives it body without being frizzy. A little more curl separation would be great, but it's still ok. Doesn't leave hair sticky or crunchy. Curls look natural. I would highly recommend this for those with fine hair.

Personally, I think this stuff is great. my wavy hair gets super curly when i combine this gel with Pantene Flexible Hold hairspray. (i've been wanting to get the Curl Lock hairspray, but haven't seen it anywhere in stores). anyways, this is a great product. easy to use, and comes in two forms. the spray gel is great for spots you might miss when you simply use your hands. the squeeze bottle is easy to use and handle. i love the smell, and it's definitly worth the money.

on 11/29/2003 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this product. I have wavy hair that tends to fall flat on top and have undefined waves underneath. I use this when I don't want to straighten it. I have oily scalp and dry ends, my hair was not greasy. I let it airdry mostly with a few blasts from the blowdryer. My only complaint: I think if I overscrunch my hair looks a bit poodle like. Other than that, good product and CHEAP!

on 9/5/2003 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried to use this on my naturally wavy hair, wouldn't even hold up for couple hours. I would have to use up handful of get to last throughout the day. Wouldn't buy this again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this product! I have thick curly hair and it gives me curl definition without crunchiness. It gives me a nice soft curl for my medium length hair. I love that I don't have to blow dry it after the shower at the gym, but I usually do in the morning. The transparent gel has more of a creamy texture than a gel. The scent is very light. I loved using Aveda's Be Curly but the scent was just so strong.

on 7/25/2003 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried using this gel on my permed hair and although it made my hair feel soft, it didn't do much otherwise. Decent curl definition and no crunchiness, but didn't hold very long. In combination with other products - mousse, hairspray- it worked okay, but I want more mileage in a product on its own and so won't repurchase.

this gel went on kinda sticky but after you work it in i could hardly feel it. it held ok without any crunchiness but it's not better than any other gels i've tried.

on 11/23/2001 5:07:00 PM

This is a great gel that gives you excellent curl definition when used on slightly damp hair. Has a wonderful smell to it also. I was torn between this and Physique Spiral Gel (which I tried and it made my hair feel dry). For the price and performance, this is a must have.