BeneFit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow in Stiletto

BeneFit Creaseless Cream Shadows/Liners 2007

3.8

on 4/14/2010 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this because I am unable to resist purple things. This is dissapointing, though, as the purple is kind of sheer and not nearly as pigmented and pretty as it appears in the pot. For the price (20 bucks) it is a complete waste of money. Oh, and it's not "creaseless" either, which is one of it's two claims (the other being that it is cream- this one is true at least).

Creaseless my ass! I have never had a base crease on me sooo bad. I thought this would have been a good one to get instead of the MAC artifact paint pot but was I wrong. The color is very sheer, not pigmented at all. I thought it was just the one but I have another in skinny jeans and it's the same. And worst of all it creases within hours of my makeup application. I even use UD primer potion underneath it too. This is def. going back to Sephora.

This one has definitely grown on me. As eye shadow it's a bit much, but what I'm loving it for is lining my upper/lower lids. I'll use dark brown/black eyeliner and then smudge this on top of it with liner brush. The soft purple really makes my blue eyes pop. These have a tendency to dry out, so be careful to screw the lid on tightly after each use.

on 4/19/2009 5:15:00 PM

This was exactly how I wanted MAC's Artifact Paint Pot to be like, but I was disappointed with MAC. These BeneFit cream shadows are creamier and smoother than MAC's Paint Pots. Can't really comment on the creaselessness, but I highly doubt it's true, especially on my oily lids and it lasts over TFSI (well...anything would last on TFSI, but that's a different story). Love this and will repurchase. Beautiful colour :)

I love the color, it's darker than I normally wear but it looks good on.

on 5/16/2008 3:17:00 AM

I really love the color but I find the application a little difficult compared to MAC paint pots. I definitely think these work better for people with dry skin but if you get oily lids, stick to Mac. I found this a little more difficult to blend and the lasting power not as great. I have been using with my MAC Bare Study Paint Pot and that seems help but will not be repurchasing in the future. Also you pay more for these than the paint pots but get less product.

on 4/28/2008 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is just a beautiful purple color. Most of the creaseless cream shadow/liners are really light in color, so I wouldn't use them as eyeliners, but this one is the perfect shade to do both with. Its not too dark to where you wouldn't want to wear it as eyeshadow, but dark enough that you can use it as an eyeliner as well. And its creaseless. Cream eyeshadows are the bomb, but they do dry up fairly quickly, so a word of warning: if you aren't going to use this very often, dry eyeshadow might be a better option. And the packaging is cute.

on 2/17/2008 6:33:00 PM

It's so friggin expensive for the amount of product you get. It is 20 dollars canadian (same price as MAC paint pots) but you get way less product. Also, stiletto did not have as much color pay off as MAC paint pots.

I found the color to be alright.. but the fact that it doesnt go on very well (it is a bit 'oily').. makes me mad... one good thing is that it did NOT crease.. so thats a good thing.. which is why i am giving it an overall mark of TWO.

However, i suggest you go out and get MAC instead... a good similar color is the new MAC fafi collection paint pot in Nice Vice.. you bets hurry cuz its sold out on website and i just picked up the last one at my MAC counter. ;)
The color of the MAC one is a lot better too.. less 'sickly'.. as i saw someone describe the benefit stiletto as makin her look a bit sickly. I can see what she means by that ... i think it is the effect of the 'oily' sheer application of the product.. also the BeneFit one has a lot more red in it which can make one look sick.

I thought it would bring out the color in my light brown eyes, but it actually just makes me look sickly. The purplish tone is pretty much the color of my veins and makes me look like a combo of getting punched and no sleep. Sigh.

on 8/28/2007 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Beautiful vivid plum color -- like mixing deep violet with hot pink. I mostly use this applied with a brush as a liner. It does work well as an all over eyeshadow if I apply a very thin layer using my fingertips ~it's actually one of the only plummy shades I've tried that doesn't make me look like I got punched in the eye. The one complaint I have with these new cream eyeshadows from Benefit, is that they are not completely crease-proof. They will travel a bit especially on oilier skins or in warmer weather. Definitely apply a primer beforehand for better staying power.