Mary Kay Lipliners

Mary Kay Lipliners

4.2

I love this lipliner. I use the netrual shade and it blends with every lippy I own no matter what brand. It goes on smooth and creats soft natural looking lines, I can even use it without lipstick and just a bit of lipbalm.

I use natural every once in a while but I find the MK lipliners to be dry and hard to blend. When applying, color seens to flake up and leave some spots darker than others. Also, if you twist the lipliner up too far, you can't get it to come back down.

on 12/15/2004 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love the lip outliner pencil. It goes on clear and helps keep lipstick /lip gloss in place. It also keeps it on longer. It's small enough to fit into the lip trio case.

on 10/31/2004 7:10:00 AM

I would have loved these before. I have a "needs sharpening" lipliner. The shade is primrose. These are not very soft but they stay on long time. I used to love harder lipliners before but now I feel that it is betteer to make a pretty ans smooth line with more soft lipliner even though they wont last so well.

on 9/17/2004 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Mary Kay lipliners are very good. This whole line is underrated. They are in mechanical casings and the product is waterproof, so color does not bleed. Not even lipglosses. A definite must have. Buy two, because you use them so quickly.

on 7/11/2004 10:49:00 PM

MK DOES NOT TEST ON ANIMALS!!! Call the company and they will confirm that I am telling you the truth.

That said, I love MK's Lip Liners. I always use their Lip Balm underneath to prevent dryness. I would not recommend wearing any lip liner without anything on top. Always wear either lip stick or lip gloss. If you apply the liner to the entire lip (instead of just around the outside edge) you will avoid the "ring-around-the-lips" look if your lip stick wears off before the liner.

on 6/22/2004 3:07:00 PM

MK has the best lipliner! Love Neutral. Perfect color, equal to MAC Spice if not better on me.

The brown and plum-tones are wonderful too. They go on perfectly every time. Really the only MK product, besides their now discontinued eye enhancer cream I give 2 flips about.

LOVE IT!

on 5/17/2004 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Not a big fan of Mary Kay products but I love her lip liners. I'm a DDD and need highly pigmented products. The liners I use show up on my lips and last. Will repurchase but have found other lines (i.e. Milani and Jordana) that are cheaper and just as good.

on 3/22/2004 6:24:00 PM

I must admit, I'm not a fan of MaryKay. I bought the lipliner in Neutral under duress at an MK party I was forced to go to. That said, this has turned into one of my staples. I hate lipliners that have to be sharpened (pathological fear of splinters in the lips), and this is the best one I've found. I tried MAC's liner (also didn't have to be sharpened) but the point was so sharp and hard that it hurt. With this lipliner, everything about it is perfect--color (Neutral), texture, price, all of it. I may never be a big MaryKay fan, but I will definitely repurchase this one.

on 2/19/2004 12:42:00 AM

I have several of the Chocolate lip liners and use them all the time under whatever color of lipsticks and/or glosses I happen to be wearing. I so love these! The brown is complementary to my medium skin tone and defines my lips just enough to make them stand out instead of fading away. The self-sharpening feature is so convenient, too. One thing that brings the score down a little is that occasionally they go on flaky if I don't use just the right touch when applying them. Then I have to brush the tiny crumbs off my lips very carefully afterwards so they don't leave a streak. I wouldn't give this color up for anything, though!