Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #3

Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #3
Sheer Blush #3

4.5

on 8/15/2008 1:52:00 PM

This is not at ALL like NARS' Orgasm and I'm getting pretty darned tired of people comparing every single flattering peachy blush to the O! Whew! Glad I got that off my chest!

Anyway, #3 is a light peach with zero pink in it (unlike Orgasm, which is a light, bright coral-peach with definite pink tones). Instead it has a definite tawny/pale bronzey tone. I can't see any real shimmer in this--it looks pretty matte to me, but the texture (divine...so finely-milled it's almost creamy) makes this more transparent than most powder blushes, so that your skin can shine through. That is, when it's applied lightly with a skunk brush.

It's not my favorite peachy blush. The color is a little too orange for my complexion, blending in a little too much if I wear it very sheerly and looking too warm and flat if I layer it. I always feel the need to layer a truer pink on top or to use a contour shade with this. It's not unflattering, but it doesn't make me look nearly as nice as Smashbox's Tint or Cargo's The Big Easy.

Great packaging: chic, brushed matte compact that doesn't waste materials and an understated logo. VERY expensive. I probably will not repurchase this particular color, though I'm in love with the GA sheer blushes in general.
continued >>

on 4/14/2008 6:40:00 AM

Never a fan of anything orange-based. It makes me look sick, pale, very made-up, and yellow-ish.

I got this blush because it's GA. Sound shallow, I know, but that's the only reason I bought it off a whim without even trying it first. Well, GA is not available here in Thailand, just yet. So when the opportunity comes, I just want to complete my collection. And since I figure the blush is on the light-color side, it shouldn't be that bad.

To sum up, this blush gives me a light orangey touch with a bit of so-hard-to-detect shimmer. Surprisingly, it doesn't crash with my cool-tone skin. It can even paired with my BB lip tint in #6 (Pink Raspberry) when I wear my eyes beige-blue (Canmake eye nuance #13 & a blue from Lunasol modeling eyes - Beige aqua). I like this.

on 9/13/2007 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is one hell of a blush. It has a little colour, but not too much to look really obvious that you've got some makeup on. I like it. And the container is really pretty. Pure black.

on 8/1/2007 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Got this when Becca's Malika failed me. The two look quite similar, a peachy nude with shimmer. It's more pigmented than Malika, so you don't have to pile on a lot. Generally shows up better. Love it for a pale nude peaches and cream look.

on 8/18/2006 5:07:00 PM

here's a picture =) i'll update this after i've used it a few more times. continued >>

on 4/6/2006 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Gorgeous peachy/minimal bronze look with gold shimmer....sexy tropical look!!
This is my 4th GA blush..and I adore them all:))

I have had a hard time to decide which colure of these beautiful blushes I would buy. Yesterday I, finally, decided to get No.3 (I also like No.2 and No.9) which is a warm orange-beige with a small amount of shimmer and I am GLAD I got it! Its perfect for working day or under daylight because its so natural.
I have a lot of powder blushes from a lot of lines (Nars, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Chanel for example). This is the BEST blush I have ever tried. Its pigmented and very soft, silky and smooth. It seems to build into your skin, not to sit on it. 34 Euro. It is EXPENSIVE for a blush (they give you 6g.). The SA (Rome) told me that the price would be increased in the near future, but she didnt know how much.
Anyway, I am happy I got it!
For ref I am Mac NC25-30, Laura Mercier No.2, LSF 5.5.

on 8/13/2004 2:35:00 AM

I love this blush, it has a slight hint of shine & is easily applied. The color is similar to Nars' Orgasm, a peach shade. The packaging is beautiful & spells class. Armani not only design great clothes but also great makeup :)

this is one of my favorite blush. It's very sheer but very pigmented. Just one swipe with my mac 129 brush and i have enough color on my cheeks. It's a peachy/bronzy color with some gold shimmers. it is so pretty and natural on cheeks and great for a summer glow. This blush seriously gives me a glow when I wear it with LSF and micro fil loose powder. It makes me look so natural and not made up.

on 3/26/2004 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is a pretty light-to-medium peachy color with shimmer. Goes on a little orangey on me, but not overly so. Would definitely repurchase. This one is less brown and lighter than the #4, and it is more pigmented and more peachy - less pink than the #2.