Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #3

Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #3
Sheer Blush #3

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is one of the best blushes i've tried (and i love blushes so ive tried quite a few brands- the usual drugstore ones, MMU, nars, BB, MAC etc). the texture of the powder is amazing, its actually quite creamy/silky. which means that its great going onto your face (soft and blendable) and that the brush doesnt pick up too much product when you swipe it across the pan. it also doesnt leave a powdery residue on the packaging.

speaking of the packaging, its sleek and compact. i like the fact that it comes with a mirror but no puff or brush (i'd rather use my own brush) thus minimising the size. its also hardy, i've dropped it about 3 times so far and no damage whatsoever, the powder didnt crack and nothing happened to it!

colour-wise, this is a purely peach/bronze blush which is light on my med-olive skin but can be built up beautifully (i need about 3 swipes of this blush on each cheek) to give me a very natural sunkissed look. i've had it for a month and use it almost everyday since its so suitable for school, natural and glowy. other than foundation, i just use this blush with my mac rubenesque paint pot (gold shimmer) as an all over wash on my eye, mascara, liner and a lipbalm/clear gloss and im good to go!

as for staying power, its decent and lasts me throughout the day even though it fades slightly. ok but not the best since i think some of my MMU blushes have better staying power. i love this though, and despite the high price i think it'll last me a long time. cant wait to try #2!

on 8/15/2008 1:52:00 PM

This is not at ALL like NARS' Orgasm and I'm getting pretty darned tired of people comparing every single flattering peachy blush to the O! Whew! Glad I got that off my chest!

Anyway, #3 is a light peach with zero pink in it (unlike Orgasm, which is a light, bright coral-peach with definite pink tones). Instead it has a definite tawny/pale bronzey tone. I can't see any real shimmer in this--it looks pretty matte to me, but the texture (divine...so finely-milled it's almost creamy) makes this more transparent than most powder blushes, so that your skin can shine through. That is, when it's applied lightly with a skunk brush.

It's not my favorite peachy blush. The color is a little too orange for my complexion, blending in a little too much if I wear it very sheerly and looking too warm and flat if I layer it. I always feel the need to layer a truer pink on top or to use a contour shade with this. It's not unflattering, but it doesn't make me look nearly as nice as Smashbox's Tint or Cargo's The Big Easy.

Great packaging: chic, brushed matte compact that doesn't waste materials and an understated logo. VERY expensive. I probably will not repurchase this particular color, though I'm in love with the GA sheer blushes in general.
continued >>

on 4/14/2008 6:40:00 AM

Never a fan of anything orange-based. It makes me look sick, pale, very made-up, and yellow-ish.

I got this blush because it's GA. Sound shallow, I know, but that's the only reason I bought it off a whim without even trying it first. Well, GA is not available here in Thailand, just yet. So when the opportunity comes, I just want to complete my collection. And since I figure the blush is on the light-color side, it shouldn't be that bad.

To sum up, this blush gives me a light orangey touch with a bit of so-hard-to-detect shimmer. Surprisingly, it doesn't crash with my cool-tone skin. It can even paired with my BB lip tint in #6 (Pink Raspberry) when I wear my eyes beige-blue (Canmake eye nuance #13 & a blue from Lunasol modeling eyes - Beige aqua). I like this.

on 9/13/2007 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is one hell of a blush. It has a little colour, but not too much to look really obvious that you've got some makeup on. I like it. And the container is really pretty. Pure black.

on 8/1/2007 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Got this when Becca's Malika failed me. The two look quite similar, a peachy nude with shimmer. It's more pigmented than Malika, so you don't have to pile on a lot. Generally shows up better. Love it for a pale nude peaches and cream look.

on 8/18/2006 5:07:00 PM

here's a picture =) i'll update this after i've used it a few more times. continued >>

on 4/6/2006 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Gorgeous peachy/minimal bronze look with gold shimmer....sexy tropical look!!
This is my 4th GA blush..and I adore them all:))

I have had a hard time to decide which colure of these beautiful blushes I would buy. Yesterday I, finally, decided to get No.3 (I also like No.2 and No.9) which is a warm orange-beige with a small amount of shimmer and I am GLAD I got it! Its perfect for working day or under daylight because its so natural.
I have a lot of powder blushes from a lot of lines (Nars, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Chanel for example). This is the BEST blush I have ever tried. Its pigmented and very soft, silky and smooth. It seems to build into your skin, not to sit on it. 34 Euro. It is EXPENSIVE for a blush (they give you 6g.). The SA (Rome) told me that the price would be increased in the near future, but she didnt know how much.
Anyway, I am happy I got it!
For ref I am Mac NC25-30, Laura Mercier No.2, LSF 5.5.

on 8/13/2004 2:35:00 AM

I love this blush, it has a slight hint of shine & is easily applied. The color is similar to Nars' Orgasm, a peach shade. The packaging is beautiful & spells class. Armani not only design great clothes but also great makeup :)

this is one of my favorite blush. It's very sheer but very pigmented. Just one swipe with my mac 129 brush and i have enough color on my cheeks. It's a peachy/bronzy color with some gold shimmers. it is so pretty and natural on cheeks and great for a summer glow. This blush seriously gives me a glow when I wear it with LSF and micro fil loose powder. It makes me look so natural and not made up.