Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer

4.2

Talc, synthtic flourphlogopite, zinc laurate, aluminum hydroxite, mineral oil, octyldodecyl lanolate, diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, sorbeth-4 tetraoleate, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance

This is a very light, finely milled loose powder that is available either in translucent or coloured form. I use the 7YR medium and it is perfect for my C5/NC42 skintone. The colorless version may look ashy on darker skintones. I never use the puff provided as results are much better with a MAC #129.

on 12/30/2006 2:34:00 PM

I have this in colorless and it is so sheer, so fine that it blends perfectly into my Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, GA LSF 5.5 skintone. On most days I just apply a little bit of this powder over my nose and cheeks, blend and go. I don't get a whitish cast, nor do I get a cakey effect. The powder just evens out my skin and provides a velvety canvas for my cheek products. Its definitely a HG for me, and its one of the few products that I use daily. I will repurchase when I'm out.

on 8/17/2006 10:48:00 PM

LOVE This!!! I mean LOVE!! I use it to underlay my powder foundation. and it gives me such a great smooth texture. it is so finely milled. spectacular! and the packaging is so neat and clean. the puff is also extremely soft! A+

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I decided to try this out as I have been a fan of Skin(Alison Raphael) transparent loose powder. Got this in colorless. This powder is luxuriously fine, almost velvety in texture, even the puff works very well. The color, which is a fine white, diappears on your skin (regardless of skintone) so its quite versatile as well as leaves a very fine twinkling of glitter not shimmer, which is very pretty. Works especially well in setting Sue Devitt's Bermuda Triangle concealer! I don't know why. It doesn't seem to set Laura Mercier secret concealer nor MAC studio finish concealer. Some shu products only work with other shu products...go figure. I notice how this powder exaggerates the crepey, dry lines under my eyes as it settles into the fine lines whenever i use the 2 previously mentioned products. Maybe because they are more emolient than Sue Devitt's concealer. Also leaves a dry powdery finish in the undereye area. I prefer it on my face instead of the undereye. I think I'll go back to Skin's loose powder.

on 5/25/2006 1:18:00 AM

This is the first loose powder I have ever owned and used. I only used to wear foundation but now I use this stuff to set my foundation everyday. It creates a natural looking shine free finish. I sometimes use this over my tinted moisturiser or just my morning moisturiser. I like the way it makes my skin look even and seems to keep it shine free longer. ***Update: Acually I found my face stays shine free longer without this stuff and have since stopped using it.***

i recently bought this & thought it resulted in a cakey, overly matte look. plus, it also imparted too much color. i bought it in #7, i think. it goes on fine, but compared to armani's pressed powder, shu doesn't even come close. I just returned it @nordstrom & would like to forget i ever bought this.

on 7/18/2005 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I glanced at my own reviews not too long ago and was shocked at how few reviews I have done on the various loose face powders I have managed to accumulate over the last few years. The reason that I can come up with for not doing reviews is because I find most powders to be average - not outstanding in any significant way (and that's probably why I keep buying loose powders hoping against hope that I will find one that is so outstanding and perfect that I will toss out all these average products and stick with one that is just right). So far it hasn't happened. Shu Uemura's powder is average to me. I have fair skin with slight yellow undertones, because this is a translucent color the color is fine on my pale complexion. I have an oily t-zone but I do not find that this product helps to control the oil in that area of my face any better than the most average of drugstore powders. You do get a generous amount of product from Shu Uemura so the powder container I have will probably last me a lifetime but I can find no compelling reason why I would repurchase if I ever run out.

Wow! I am amazed bu the quality of this product. It is the best powder i've used. I have this in colorless. It looks a pale pearl pinkish white in the container, but dont be fooled. This "colorless" translucent powder can be used on dark skin tones without leaving that ashy pasty look when a powder is too light.(I'm an NC45) It is extremely finely milled and looks so natural. It goes on so smoothly and its hard to over powder. If you do , simply blend with a brush. No cakiness here.I put a little on my face before using powder blush or eyeshadow. I find it makes eveything goes on more smoothly. Its great to set your makeup and make it last longer. Does not look "made up". My skin is normal so I cant say how well it absorbs excess oil.You get a nice size for 30 bucks. Compared to Prescriptives traceless powder which I used before, this is a steal. A little goes a long way , so I expect to have it for at least a year, but I will buy again.

I am not sure about this product. For me, this is an average loose powder, nothing spectacular. Pros: does not make me look dry (which can be achieved with powder from many other brands). Cons: as some reviewers said, it's so difficult to get powder out. The color is slightly peach (7 yr light) and the finish is slightly chalky. I also do not like the glitter. And as others said, it contains mineral oil, which bothers me a bit. I cannot say I broke out from this powder, but I feel a little bit uncomfortable. Will not repurchase.

on 4/1/2006 7:41:00 AM

i have a growing addiction to shu uemura. other brands i have used (and liked) in the past are prescriptives traceless and t l clerc loose powder, but this is my new HG :) sets my liquid foundation nicely without looking cakey as some loose powder would. the particles are very finely milled and texture is sheer and buildable, so you wont get an overdone chalky look even if you accidentally pick up too much powder on the brush. i am not sure how to describe my skin tone as i don't use MAC foundation whish seems to be the general reference here, but i have asian fair skin with yellowish undertone (tl clerc in beige/chanel in shell) and the 7YR light is perfect for me!