Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

4.1

on 4/20/2010 10:56:00 AM

This review is for Kashuk Tools Black Domed Eyeshadow Brush released in 2010- this is unnecessary for your collection, a bit scratchy , the tapered blending brush is better.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

These brushes are deliciously soft. It takes some working to get product on the brushes. These brushes are fantastic for heavily pigmented products or for overall dusting of bronzer etc. I purchased the powder brush, blush brush, an eyeshadow blender brush and a blender brush. All four brushes came out to about $70 at Target. Thankfully, they do not shed and overall are pretty good. I like them and decided to keep the powder brush and the blush brush. The rest are going back.

on 1/18/2010 9:44:00 PM

Sigh. If only I had known about these years ago, before I bought all my MAC brushes. I find I reach for these daily, and will repurchase these in a heartbeat if they ever seem to deteriorate. Their quality is outstanding, bristles are packed tightly, and the brushes keep their shape, even after being cleaned. Love these:
Flat blush brush (I use it for foundation)
Large shadow brush
small shadow brush
Flat liner brush (PERFECT for tight lining upper lashes)
Concealer brush
Crease brush (white handle...perfect control, use this one alllll the time)

on 12/9/2009 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These brushes are amazing. When I first bought them I was a brush virgin and was following a couple gurus on youtube and decided to make the investment. I got the Blush Brush, the Foundation Brush, and the Large Eyeshadow Brush. I've had them for a year or so, and keep in mind since I had never owned brushes before, I didn't know to clean them as often as I should. (Yikes!) But even through the neglect, they are still holding up so well. I honestly don't think I have had any shedding. The bristles are so soft, but yet sturdy. And I have sensitive skin so some brushes will cause a rash. These have never bothered my skin, and I honestly can't imagine MAC or anyone else being any better. I have the black handled brushes that come in the hard plastic tubes. I'm even going to get my sister some for christmas so she can start using them. I HIGHLY recommend these!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I started with one brush, then went back a month later for more, and on and on until I wound up with the complete set. I picked up the white-handled skunk brush initially, as I didn't want to shell out the cash for MAC. I don't have the 187 or 188 to compare it to, but it works great for me. I got hooked and I kept on with the white brushes so they'd all match. There are 17 brushes in the collection: a powder brush, blush brush, angled contour brush, small, medium, and large shader brushes, a concealer brush, a bullet-shaped crease brush, medium and large foundation brushes, a spoolie, a lash/brow comb, angled liner brush, a "fluffy" shadow brush that's similar to the small shader but more dense, a crease brush, a stiff, thin pencil brush, and the highlighter skunk brush. The packaging leaves quite a bit to be desired, unfortunately. The black-handled brushes are sold in rounded hard plastic cases, but the white ones are in soft plastic sleeves that keep the brush heads rather flat. Most of the brushes didn't suffer for it, but the fluffy ones--powder, blush, highlighter, and contour--needed an overnight stay or two in brush guards after cleaning. After a couple of months, they're fine, but I'd rather not have had to do brush surgery right away.
There is minimal shedding with some of the brushes when they're washed, but none when I use them on my face. They aren't as dense as they could be, but the shading brushes are nice and firm and they all do the job well. I'm not completely sold on the foundation brushes. The bristles aren't the best-quality synthetic out there, and they work better for moisturizer or primer instead of foundation. The natural bristle brushes are some of the softest I've ever felt and apply like a dream.
Long story short, these brushes are a safe bet. They apply well, wash well, and dry relatively quickly. I keep hearing great things about the black-handled brushes, so I might retire these to travel and backup if they're worth it. Total cost of the 17 brushes was under $150, but that's including 10.25% sales tax. All in all a great buy.

on 11/6/2009 2:53:00 PM

I bought the sonia kashuk stippling brush thinking it would be good for foundation application and I did use it for awhile but decided to go back to my foundation brush because there was less blending to do with the foundation brush. But then I started using it for blush and I just love it!!!!! I use it everyday for blush and dont plan on buying any other blush brush!

on 11/5/2009 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So it was looong overdue for a new set of makeup brushes. The kinds I normally get are the ones from sephora, but I really didn't want to spend a ton of money but I didn't want cheap crap either. Well I'm sorry to say these brushes are. I bought the handles that are white, I purchased the big powder brush, the blush brush, the eyeshadow blending brush and another eyeshadow brush. The brushes first off, werent' that soft. In the basic powder applications with my big powder brush, the brush started shedding really really bad. This also happened with my other brush when I applied my blush. I am so dissapointed. I'm thinking the ones with the black handles are way better but those were a little bit more pricey. Anyway I will go on and find some nice quality brushes, Im looking at the ecoTool line for now.

on 10/24/2009 6:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really am impressed with these brushes. I was looking for a good quality brush set that wasn't way out of my budget and I definitely found it in the Sonia Kashuk brush collection. I bought a 5 piece set with the black handles (the blush brush, angled eye shadow brush, small eye shadow brush, the eye brow/lash brush and the eye liner brush) plus 2 additional brushes (the crease brush and large eye shadow brush). While these cost nearly $50 for all, I think that's a great deal compared to some brushes that have that price for ONE! I am very happy with the softness as well. Initially I purchased them to use with a smashbox eye shadow kit I found on Sephora that will be arriving soon, but I couldn't wait. So I broke out the covergirl quad I have been using and tried the small/large eye shadow and crease brushes with it....I have to admit that the brushes make even a low end drugstore eyeshadow blend like a high quality one!!

on 9/2/2009 1:32:00 AM

I have some white handled brushes, and the long black handled ones. Pay a little extra and get the black-handled ones. They fit your hand nicely, the brushes are soft, they do not shed and much better quality than the white ones.

I use these brushes every single day, and I could not imagine going back to the crappy ones I used to use. The bristles are packed in very close together, so they do their job without spreading makeup everywhere like some other flimsy brushes do. they are also very soft, which is a plus. the only one I do not like is the blush brush. I find that it's too small and makes my blush go on streaky. But one bad out of all of these isn't a big deal. The packaging is really nice too. It's pretty AND practical. I would definitely buy them again.

Popular Makeup Brushes