Nivea Anti-Shadow Eye Creme

Nivea Anti-Shadow Eye Creme

3.2

Aqua (water), Glycerin, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Octyldodecanol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Distrach Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cucumis Sativus, Panax Ginseng, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Alumina Propylene Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Silica, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydratoin.

on 6/28/2009 11:24:00 AM

i looveeeeeeee this. it moisterizes veryyyyy well and even everyone says it doesn't help against puffy eyes and so on, but i do notice a difference. ok i'm only 17 but seriously, without concealer i can't leave my house. i have serious bags because i rubbed my eyes a lot when i was little. and they get soooooo dry = fine lines. so this helps a lot ! and i love it.
the only thing i don't like is the packaging, i don't like pots, i think they contain very much bacteries after a while (sorry for my english, i'm dutch)

Ok, I used this for aboit 6 weeks, felt that its light, smells nice and moisturises well. BUT it causes milla for me. URGH....

on 10/2/2008 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this eye cream, although I don't remember seeing that it claims to reduce undereye shadows! I had no idea.

Anyway, I've been using this for about a year (yes, it's lasted me this long.) I only use it on the mornings that my eyes feel especially tired and droopy.

It's a nice cream - absorbs quickly, it's light, there is NO fragrance and makeup sits on it nicely. BUT, I was hoping it would have more of a cooling effect... maybe I will start keeping it in the fridge! That would feel good in the mornings! :)

Overall, a nice eye cream.

on 1/25/2009 12:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I actually like this eye cream, I bought it because it was on sale for 7 bucks, which is nothing for an eye cream. It moisturizes, it doesn't really have much of a scent, and it doesn't burn the hell out of my eyes like so many other eye creams do. I am not sure if it is actually doing anything about my dark circles, but it makes my eye area feel nice. The few problems I have with the product are; if I put it on in the morning my eyes actually get too slick and greasy (this has never been a problem before) and so I can only use this at night. Also the jar although very cute is not as hygienic as a pump would be and I would some sort of packaging that keeps any anti-oxidants stable for as long as possible. But overall this is a nice cream and I will likely repurchase although I am still hunting for that perfect eye cream.

on 8/25/2008 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know about the anti-shadow claim, but I like this cream because it's nice and light, makes my eyes feel great, and doesn't have a strong scent. I'm done my tub now, but I may go back to it in the future.

on 2/5/2009 7:43:00 PM

This is a perfect eye cream for people who don't have puffy eyes/shadows. It is light, absorbs quickly, and moisturizes my eye area all day/night. It is a good base for eye makeup and concealer stays smooth and doesn't crease. The price is pretty cheap for an eye cream and one little container has been lasting me for 6 months already and its not even halfway done. But this product does not live up to its claims. It is slightly cooling, but not significantly, and it does not reduce puffiness.This product claims to have ginseng and cucumber extracts but it doesn't do anything for me. I've been using it for 6 months now and my dark shadows are not reduced.
A fantastic cheap eye cream for those just looking for a good quality moisturizer, but not recommended for those with other eye "issues"!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ok, firstly, I have tried many eye creams over the years (HE and LE) and have come to the conclusion that the only effective treatment for dark circles is 1) drink plenty of water and 2) get enough sleep. The only cosmetic product that has made any difference has been concealer.

So with that in mind, I didn't buy this to treat dark circles but as a basic, light eye cream and it's met my needs well. Lovely light texture, moisturises effectively, absorbs rapidly. I've been using this am and pm for about 10 days and so far no noticeable improvement in dark circles at all. However - no irritation, it's light enough not to cause any puffiness when used overnight, and mu sits well on it during the day. It's a good, basic and light-textured eye cream. IMO it certainly won't do you any harm, but it won't work miracles either.

I'd buy this again, but not for treating dark circles. For that, water and early nights!

on 2/7/2008 9:18:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i got this eye cream a week ago and so far i really love applying it on. i was abit wary at first because I hated the other nivea eye cream(Q10) which was too slimy but not moisturizing enough...but this one hydrates my dry and tired eyes perfectly...i also tried olay's total effects eye cream and it was not at all as moisturizing as this one...love the texture of this eye cream, love how it glides on smoothly and sinks in without a trace, love how it leaves my eyes feeling fresh and hydrated. i don't know if it actually does anything when it comes to removing undereye circles, but i actually bought this just for the moisturization properties, so i'm not worried about that aspect of it for now...will update.

UPDATE: So far this eye cream is perfect for me as far moisturizing goes...my dark circles have slightly improved but I suspect this is due to the fact that my under eyes are not as dehydrated as they were before, they are plumped up, smooth and healthy looking...I do not believe that any eye product alone will get rid off dark circles, especially if they're genetic (like mine), but it does help improve them by taking fish oil/flax seed oil supplements (great for the skin and general health overall), getting enough sleep, using a good moisturizer for the undereyes, and drinking LOTS of water, atleast 12 glasses a day (dehydration is gonna make your eyes look it's worst). I'm pleased with this product and will continue to use this until I start needing something stronger (ie. when i start getting fine lines).
PS. I would also like urge ladies who have a problem with dark undereyes along with an overall feeling of lethargy, dizziness and weakness to get checked for anemia (common among ladies, especially those with heavy periods, the pale and dark sunken eyes look could be a symptom), I am anaemic and had the most horrid eye bags and a face so pasty I could pass off as Wednesday Addam's long lost twin, I got tested at the GP and was prescribed iron tablets, and I'm looking and feeling alot healthier these days minus lethargy...do consult your GP first before taking iron supplements.

UPDATEx2/23 Feb2008: I'm still using this, and it's still an okay undereye moisturizer for me, I'm not using this exclusively anymore, I went back to my Loreal Eye Defense which is just as good at moisturizing BUT the reason why I prefer Loreal's Eye Defense over this is because Eye Defense had a weird but awesome side effect on me...it made my lashes grow (I always slather on eye cream all over my eye skin, above and under)!! I noticed it from before but never really paid much attention, I thought it was the light playing tricks on me, but now I'm actually seeing it! Weird!! Hah! In terms of moisturization both are equally light, comfortable and quick sinking, I use this in the morning and Loreal's Eye Defense at night.

I bought this because I like the marketing, essentially. I thought the semi-opaque lovely tiny blue container and the words "Anti-shadow" and "Aqua Sensation". I pictured putting it in my nightstand and never forgetting to gently dab some on every night because it was so easy and I loved the results.....
Well - I enjoy using this yes. It's a medium textured lotion-like, white, cream that absorbs well and doesn't feel sticky or contribute to under eye oilyness or milia (for me). I don't think it does a whole bunch though. I only use it if it's been particularly cold out and I figure my eyes need a little mositure at night.
Bonus: I keep using this because it doesn't burn like lots of others I've invested in. I even put it up close to my eye (I know you're not supposed to but it's where the "shadowing" and slight dryness are!).
Not bad. Not wonderful.

on 3/23/2008 2:56:00 PM

I'm still young, only 16 years old..so I don't really need an eye treatment, but I do get puffy eyes and dark circles sometimes.
I bought this one, because it was on sale and very cheap.
The creme doesn't do any harm, it keeps my eyes from being dry and all, but it doesn't really do anything positive to my eyes either. My eyes are still puffy after I put the creme on, and my dark circles are still the same after using this eye creme for several months. It's cheap, so if you just want a moisturiser for your eyes, then buy it. But if you want something more than that, then I would recommend to buy something more expensive and not from this brand.