Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

on 6/7/2017 6:49:00 AM

I love this cleanser, I am able to use it everyday and night , I do not have to worry about it getting in my eyes because its so gentle . It removes my heavy foundation( i wear estee lauder double wear camouflage ). It does not dry my skin out or leave it feeling greasy. I have sensitive skin and would highly recommend it to those with the same issue, I do wear a lot of mascara and will say it usually does not remove all of it so i am using a eye makeup remover to get what is left behind. I also was suffering from adult acne when i was introduced to this product and after consistently using it completely cleared ,I have tried almost everything and am most satisfied with cetaphil its very simple and light , the bottle lasts about a month, great value .Keeps me clear without fail!!

on 6/7/2017 5:09:00 AM

This is my all time Favvv cleanser , I'm so happy I came across this cleanser , I've been using it for 2 years now . I haven't loved any other cleanser besides this one . I highly recommend this if you have acne prone skin combo ..oily/dry .... this cleanser also helps remove my remaining makeup this cleanser did not break me out at all. I decided I wanted to give the CeraVe foaming cleanser a try Worst decision ever I started breaking out baaaad I switched up to Cetaphil again and it calmed down my huge zits that the other cleanser left me I love love this product I highly recommend this . You will not be disappointed :)

Beware, does not work for everyone. Years ago, I used cetaphil and was happy with it as a gentle cleanser. I bought a huge bottle of this recently and used it for several weeks. I broke out into white bumps all over my forehead and t zone, which never happens to me usually. When I stopped using this and started using cerave cleanser, my skin went back to normal, no more bumps. I don't know what to do with such a large bottle because it's too harsh for me, use it as hand soap maybe.

on 11/9/2016 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is an awesome cleanser only sold in the US and I am in Canada . I love how it leaves the face feeling so clean without leaving it dry.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

At first I thought this cleanser was great but after using it for a while my skin started burning and flaking. I thought that my sensitivity was due to the weather or some other product I'd be using but I stopped using the cleanser and my skin cleared up. I didn't really think anything of it until I gave the cleanser to my sister and she told me the next day that it burned her skin too. My skin is very sensitive so I figured it was just me but my sister doesn't have sensitive skin at all. I will never use a Cetaphil cleanser again (I don't like the gentle one either) but they do make great moisturizers!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This cleanser is really good and cleans really well.

on 9/17/2016 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have a history of moderate acne and normal to oily combination skin. When I first discovered that most drugstore cleansers for normal to oily skin were over-drying and irritating my skin, I searched for an alternative. At the time, there was not much to choose from--almost every oily-skin cleanser was an acne cleanser with either benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid and harsh detergents. Beggars can't be choosers, and Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser became my go-to. Fast forward to now, and there are many more choices for somebody like me. Now that I have been able to try other cleansers, I see how terrible Cetaphil actually is.

Let me start with the fragrance--a "masking fragrance" that supposedly obscures the natural scent of the ingredients. The masking fragrance is a clean soapy scent, but not particularly pleasant when used on the face. Fragrance is fragrance, and this product is not fragrance-free, period.

Next is the irritation it causes. It doesn't matter how I use it--thick and concentrated or lathered with some water to thin it out. If I use this product daily, my skin condition degrades day-by-day, becoming increasingly sensitive. Even after taking a break from this product, when I resume, I get burning around my nostrils on day one, which is usually my indication that something is not going to work out for my skin type.

Finally, may I ask, "Normal to Oily"? Really? This product does not balance my skin, and if I use it in the AM, I am far oilier than if I use something like Paula's Choice Skin Balancing cleanser. In practice, I think it is really a cleanser for normal to slightly-dry skin.

The plusses, and the reasons I did not give only one lippie, is that this cleanser is really great at removing regular (not long-wearing) makeup with one wash. Also my skin feels clean but not overstripped when I use it. Bottom line, I am using the rest of my stash as a hand wash, and won't be repurchasing.

on 11/8/2016 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

In my 20's, my skin used to be flawless... I did barely anything to it and I had barely a visible pore. Now I'm 44 and have rosacea, cystic acne, sensitivities and itchy rashes.... I thought back to the days when I had great skin and thought I'd try that regime again. I have pared right back to this followed by sunscreen. OMG - what a difference! Less redness, fewer blocked pores, no underground, painful lumps.... will never try anything else again.

on 11/7/2016 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have young adult acne-prone skin with the cause of it being unknown. My skin goes back and forth from being either dry and patchy or slick and oily. I decided that I wanted to stop using acne-medicated cleansers and try an all-purpose wash. I have only used this product once, so I do not know how it will affect my acne, however, I'll give my first impression. First: the smell is STRONG. It smells like hand sanitizer mixed with some other fragrance. Secondly: this makes my face feel really clean, smooth, and oil free. Third: I wish it had a better lather. Fourth: the bottle is HUGE! Fourth: It can be pricy.

This product definitely has its pros and cons but I like it so far.

on 11/8/2016 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I been reading many reviews on this product. I decided to buy both the Gentle Facial Cleanser and the Daily Facial Cleanser. I have mild Rosacea and this was recommended by my derm. She actually recommended the gentle, but since I have oily skin I'm not sure that will be sufficient to remove the excess oil. My skin also gets dried out after shower, even with luke warm water. I was using the Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser for added moisture, but they discontinued this and the Ultra Gentle from Neutrogena did not feel like it was cleansing well. I was also using a Neutrogena oil-free moisture. My face would get really red after using the moisture. So I am looking for new products. I have decided to try Cetaphil for the cleanser and CeraVe AM and PM for the moisture. Trying to limit the redness. I might use the Gentle cleanser in the morning and the Daily cleanser before I go to bed. The Daily cleanser has fragrance mask, so not sure how that will be on my skin. The Gentle is fragrance free, but may be similar effectiveness wise as Neutrogena's Ultra Gentle (hope not). Will have just try and see what happens. Same with the CeraVe. The AM has SPF 30, which is good. May use AM for the morning and PM just before I go to bed. I know some people have used PM for both morning and night, but then you have to use another sunscreen. it may just be good to go with the AM both night and day. I am spot checking these products on parts of my neck to see if they cause irritation. After one day, I do not see any irritation where applied. I will continue to test for another couple of days, if all good, will apply to face. My derm stated that if I start to breakout in red areas she will prescribe metrocreme.