Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

4.5

I thought MUFE loose powder was the best, but I was wrong! While I still need to blot my face like 2-3 times when I was using MUFE, this time with Laura Mercier's, I don't need to blot my face AT ALL! This powder blends seamlessly into the skin and it sets my makeup well, giving a nice natural glowing look. I love it!!

i can say that it was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. bought this the first time i tried this. i must admit, i checked the reviews here from mua but to see is to believe. im using this on top of my LM's tinted moisturizer and now i understand what Laura Mercier means when she said "flawless face". i love how these two LM products make me feel beautiful and special. i cannot express how much i love LM! i think i like it better than nars now.

This is the best loose powder I've ever used! I'm so impressed!
Its very finely milled, ivory colour is perfect for me but I've not tried other colours though.

For reference, I'm using MAC select loose pdr NC15, Kanebo pdr fdn OC-B, Paul & Joe loose pdr #01 or #03.

Why I say its the best loose powder was because it keeps my face shine free! I've conbination skin type and I would say most powder can only keep my face shine free but not my nose. But with this, I did not even blot my nose for 10hours until I reach home, my MU is still very fresh looking!
Its not drying at all, feels very comfortable!

The only regret is that I can't buy this in singapore. There's a shop here that sells LM but the age of their stock I'm really not confident cos their pricing is unethical hence I don't think many will buy from that shop.

The good thing is Malaysia has it! And Hongkong too LOL...
If you're thinking of getting this powder but the price puts u off, I bet this is worth your money! Get it!

on 8/17/2007 8:31:00 AM

Ivory is the perfect shade for setting makeup without any added color. LM's powder is so finely milled and it applies very sheer. You get a nice amount in the package. For the record, Sephora only carries Translucent, so I picked that up and I like it just as much. I barely noticed a difference.

on 7/23/2007 9:28:00 PM

I switched over to using LM Loose Powder in Ivory, after finishing off Corsilk Loose Powder in Translucent (no color). The Cornsilk was awful, very coarse. And comparitively, the LM Loose Powder is finely milled (as advertised on the web), and sets my makeup fine. It goes on realy smooth and soft. I like it. Recommend buying this in Ivory.. However, not sure how the Translucent will fare, as I have yet to try it.

on 10/28/2007 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder really is fantastic! I can understand how those with somewhat oily skintypes might not like it, because it doesn't have ridiculous oil-control properties unlike, say, Make Up Forever's Matte powder. However, for my sensitive, combination skin, this powder can do no wrong. It evens out my complexion beautifully and gives such a beautiful, luminous finish - not overly matte but definitely not what one would call dewy. I never quite understood what people meant when they said 'like your own skin, but better' but that thought actually occurred to me after putting on this powder. Though expensive, you really do get a generous amount of powder. No breakouts as yet, will update as I've worn it for a couple weeks.
UPDATE: While this doesn't break me out per se, it actually makes me oily. I have to blot way more than I would without it. Really disappointing because I love the way it looks.

This is the best loose powder that I've tried. I'm NW20 in MAC, and this shade nicely neutralizes some of the pink in my skin without covering up my skin or making me look pale. It's finely milled and feels beautifully silky on my skin; once I blend it, it never looks powdery even if I reapply once or twice throughout the day. The finish is definitely as described on the websiteo- a natural looking lack of shine that's disappointing at first if you're used to using a very matte powder but after a couple days of use I prefer it. It seems to withstand my shine-prone skin as well, it lasts at least as long as MAC Blot powder does if not longer, i.e. 5-8 hours depending on the temperature. I get really nice results using a big fluffy brush to apply. It's recommended to use a puff to press it into the skin but my pores are easily congested and using a brush I haven't experienced an increase in clogged pores or breakouts. Good job Laura Mercier!

So far this is the best powder I have tried. Will definately buy again.
I wear this to work on its own over a primer and it makes my skin look so polished and evens out my skintone. Almost like I am wearing a tinted moisturizer or light foundation but without the pore clogging oil/silicone. Lasting power is great too. Somedays I don't even need to touch up. When you first apply it can appear a little powdery, but like most powders give it 20 mins to settle into your skin and it looks perfect.

on 4/8/2006 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Despite the overall positive reviews, I don't find it especially praiseworthy. It's finely milled alright, but not as well as Covermark or Mikimoto (best powder IMP, got it in Japan). Though supposedly this yellowish powder should be perfect for my Asian complexion, it just looked so yellow on me and a bit too much "made-up" for the natural look I prefer. Perhaps it just doesn't work for PPP like me. That said, the packaging is pretty good; only a shake or two and you can get lots of powder out, (Covermark package sucks in this; I feel like working out my arms every morning trying to get some powder). I probably wouldn't perchase again; it's just not so worth it.

on 5/27/2006 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

i have tried the t. leclerc loose powder in banane and crem de la mer powder and i like this one the best. the t. leclerc powder dried out my skin and it also did not set well on my skin. i have really oily skin and the laura mercier powder is so light and soft. it sets perfectly on my skin and the color is great because i have pale skin. it lasts all day and it helps to control my oil. the price is cheap with how nice the product is. i highly recommend it!