Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.8

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

on 6/23/2012 8:56:00 PM

After I used the Regenerating Day Cream and the Regenerating Neck and Dcollet Cream, because I was short with money, I bought the Quince Day Cream (which was half the price) in hope that it will be similar. Not even close.
I am not saying it is not a good product, simply it was not for me. Maybe for young girls with mixes skin.

on 5/25/2012 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Good moisturiser for cool weather. I wore this during the warmer months and my skin felt a little sticky- was soo not happy. I put it away and took it out again as its the beginning of winter winter and the sticky texture is gone. My skin feels so hydrated, and looks radiant and even.

on 9/4/2011 11:38:00 PM

Very rich face cream geared towards dry skin.

Sinks in quickly, very moisturizing.

High quality item, just not suited to my combo skin type.

on 3/28/2012 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Amazing cream! I have dry combination and sensitive skin so I am always looking for a product that would provide enough hydration throughout the day without making me look greasy or cause breakouts. I also work indoors in an air-conditioned environment all day, so it has to keep my skin moisturized throughout the entire time.

This cream is light-weight but intensely moisturizing. I love the texture - not too thick and not too watery, and blends beautifully into the skin. It takes a few minutes to fully sink in, but after it does my skin feels soft and velvety, and most importantly, it stays that way the entire day!! No more dry flakes on my cheeks, and my primer and foundation go on so much better on top of this. Note that I also use 2 different serums underneath this so if you are ONLY relying on this for hydration, it may not be enough if you have extremely dry skin. I also wouldn't recommend this if you have oily skin, the Rose Day Cream may be a better fit.

The price is very reasonable for such a high quality product. The only complain I have is the L'Occitane hand cream-like packaging. It's sanitary but not the easiest to use. I would much prefer a pump bottle. But I'm willing to overlook that and repurchase as long as it continues working for me!

on 10/3/2011 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Every skincare product I use is from Dr Hauschka except my makeup remover (organic olive oil on a wet cotton pad).
I have tried different moisturizers (the Rose Cream, Rose Cream light, Quince Cream).
Quince Cream is my favourite! It's gentle, smells fantastic (citrusy sweet yummy) and goes INTO skin and doesn't leave that thin layer that goes away with first contact with water.
It really hydrates skin and you can feel what good quality it is. No high end brand can beat this in my opinion. I use it all year around except during the harshest winter months here in Sweden. During that time I need a thicker cream, the Rose Cream.
Quince Cream is also good for blending out foundations. Lasts a while and is well worth the money. I'm a student and don't have that much money to spend on skin care but I can't live without this stuff, Dr Hauschka is the only line of products that keep my skin healthy and glowing.
Got to mention that my boyfriend stays close to my face and wants to smell my cheeks when I use the quince cream. So I guess that's a good thing :)

on 11/30/2011 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Still on the hunt for a replacement for my (out of stock? being reformulated? discontinued?) Aveda moisturizer, and this is one of the ones that I tried. Purchased in a sample box of Dr. Hauschka products for normal to dry, sensitive skin.

The good:
I didn't have any untoward reactions to it during my roughly 2-week trial period, which is unusual for me.
It smells great. I love the smell of many German and European cosmetics, and this is no exception -- a lovely, organic-smelling, mild citrus.
The texture is nice, light and non-greasy.
I can't remember what the full-size package was like, but I love the hygienic, utilitarian, unfussy paint-style tube the sample's packed in.
The meh:
It doesn't really do anything for my skin at all. The "moisturizing" qualities are mediocre at best, and don't last, and it certainly does nothing against the increasing dryness of early winter, or my incipient age lines.
The verdict:
An inoffensive entrant, but certainly not worth buying again.

on 3/18/2011 2:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this facial cream. I have combo skin, dry cheeks and oily t-zone and this works lovely. I am biased though because I love Dr. Hauschka products overall. They do wonders for my skin and have worked best for my skin, better than anything else. I love how this smells. It makes my skin feel hydrated and loved.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I like this as a light moisturizer, although I prefer the Rose Day Cream. The Quince cream has a strong scent, though milder than the Moisturizing Day Cream, which I found much too cloying.

I love the packaging. I know it's not very 'pretty' or anything, but at least it is hygienic! I love the smell of the creme, it's so lovely. It's great my face stays moisturised, without all kinds of chemical nasties! :) Would definitely repurchase!

One con, though! It has no spf... But I use some sunscreen on top of it, when I go out.

on 8/31/2011 8:25:00 AM

This cream is amazing. I was using active moist( dermalogica) for summer and skin smoothing cream for winter. But still especially in winter, I get dry patches around my nose and mouth. So I started to search again at makeupalley. This cream is best I ever seen. But I apply it in a different way. Im using it for one and a half month and here is my observations:

1)There is no patches at all.
2)I noticed the difference in my skin. Ever since I used the cream, I got no pimples, seriously. This was unexpected. I got clear skin thanks to quince cream.
3)when I get up, I dont have an thick residue. Like I just moisturized my face. So it balances oil production.

4)And the best part is it is very economical in use. Dont waste money on dermalogica! It is summer, so I wet my hand, put one third of a pea size, and put it on my face. That way I dont put too much product and feel waxy as others mentioned. However when my boyfriend applied it( without water) he said his skin feels blocked, like cant breathe( note: he has oily skin and applied full pea size). So, in my opinion, applying it with water is key.

I think when weather turns colder, I'm gonna apply it over moist face ( after bath or cleansing).

I keep my cream in the refrigerator. For better storage of ingredients and I feel more refreshed after applying it.

About the smell, It smells kind of lemons and quince. That is not very common but I enjoy it. It has definitely way better smell than chemical odor of active moist and lavanderish odor of skin smoothing cream which I find very unpleasant.

definitely buy again! This cream does its job! even more