Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 9/18/2016 7:15:00 PM

Bought it due to the hype but i found it drying and a bit cakey on my dry skin even when applied with my sephora hd brush. I don't see much luminescence. Finish is too matte for my liking even though it's described as a "satin finish". I prefer Makeupforever HD and Face & Body. For every day wear I prefer Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. Thank goodness i bought the smaller bottle and I'll finish it since it was expensive. It actually accentuates flakes when I have them.

on 6/24/2016 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love! Love! Love! This foundation is amazing. No SPF which means it will photographed well under any kind of light and even with flash photography! Skin looks luminous and not flat matte! Your skin looks healthy and beautiful with glow... Medium coverage and holds well on my skin. Highly recommended!!!

on 6/13/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

EDIT on 11/19/16: I repurchased this during the VIB sale. I got the shade 5.75 for my NC25-30 skin. It's described a medium with warm undertones. It definitely has a peachy undertone but for reason works for me and my fake tan. It makes my skin look pretty, yet still look like skin. So it's not going to be full coverage and make you look absolutely flawless, but I can see this as a good every day foundation. I find it best to apply with fingers to get more coverage.

Don't understand the hype. I bought it in the shade 4 (light with golden undertones and perfect for a NC20). Yes it's a nice foundation but for $62 I was expecting miracles. It's definitely a sheer finish. Yet the fact that it said "buildable" coverage I figured it could cover dark spots. Nope! The good things about it is that it leaves a satiny finish to the skin and it still looks like real skin, not mask like. Also it lasted through the humid Florida summer day. I ended up returning it because I can find drugstore foundations that do the same thing. Just couldn't justify spending that much money on an "average" foundation.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great finish on this foundation.

. It makes my dry skin appear dewy & fresh. The color match is great (I'm a Stila B & it's #2) & the scent is faint. I don't like the pump-you can't control the amount that comes out. And it is expensive.

Will most likely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Extremely impressed with this foundation. I have normal to dry skin with some redness around my nose. This foundation wears all day and gives my skin a warm radiant glow. I wear it alone and without powder.

Very happy with it so far. I also have best results with applying with a foundation brush.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the most expensive foundation I have ever purchased but I'm so glad that I did.

I'm NC15 and while shade #3 was too golden, shade #2 was just right. In fact, it's one of the best foundation matches I've ever gotten. That alone is worth its weight in gold! I'm pale but have warm undertones as well as pink cheeks from rosacea and a very pale neck so finding the right match is sometimes very hard.

I use a Beauty Blender to apply this and it makes my skin look amazing. My pores look smaller, the redness and my cheeks is much less noticeable, and my skin just looks airbrushed. The finish is similar to Dior Airflash but this is easier to work with and much less wasteful. Plus, this doesn't irritate my face the way the Dior does.

I managed to snag this when Dillard's had a foundation sale going on for $15 off. I liked it so much, that I ended up buying a backup bottle too. Since this has no sunscreen in it, you don't have to worry about it destabilizing your sunscreen or causing flashback in pictures.

My local counter was awesome about giving samples so I suggest you ask since it's such an investment. Also, I'm dry with extremely sensitive skin due to rosacea but am not really prone to breakouts.

on 5/4/2016 1:41:00 AM

Let me start by saying I have tried many many foundations over the years. I had heard so many great things about this foundation that I had to try it. I am so glad I did, this stuff is liquid gold and unfortunately the price reflects that.

This foundation leaves a beautiful finish on the skin and dries to a demi matte finish. It's neither dewy or completely matte. In my opinion it makes your skin look younger because it doesn't settle into fine lines and looks so fresh. I have worn full coverage foundations for many years but lately I felt like my skin was looking dry and the foundation was emphasising my fine lines.

I would call this a medium coverage but certainly buildable without looking cakey or mask like. I set this with It Cosmetics Bye Bye pores loose powder and this takes it next level. It looks so smooth and luminous and lately my skin has been a bit prone to redness and breakouts but this covered it no problem at all. I will be purchasing this again in the future and wish I had tried it years ago.

on 4/23/2016 7:18:00 PM

I picked up this product a couple weeks ago and haven't been able to put it down ever since! Once you buy luminous silk you will never go back, i love the way it makes my skin look like my skin but better instead of a cakey affect.. so light and natural and leaves a lovely dewy look. not to ott just how it should be.. Packaging is very sleek and looks very luxe! Its on the pricey side but is worth every penny in my opinion, i have found my Holy Grail foundation! Also this foundation makes my skin look so perfect and just blurs out my imperfections and redness.. Provides good coverage but i do find i need to blend in some concealer to hide Red blemishes but apart from that it makes my skin look almost flawless im so happy i brought it.

So if your considering buying please do!! wont be dissapointed! :)

on 3/17/2016 2:00:00 AM

Not moisturizing for someone who has dryer, thinner skin. I also think it settles in fine lines, even with a primer. I'm on the hunt for a foundation that feels like Ellie Faas foundation but without the price tag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My HG foundation for the last 2 years. This foundation lasts all day on my oily, sensitive skin.
It wears beautifully and looks the most natural of any heavy coverage foundation that I have ever tried. It comes in many shades!
It *does not* break me out, which is rare. Probably because it's made with castor oil. I find that my skin loves castor oil and it's truly non-comedgenic. Also it is not a short-chain fatty acid (these aggravate adult acne, psoriasis, and eczema).
The downside is the *price* but 2 bottles get me through the year of 5 day per week use and I already know that I love it so I save time, grief, and money on trying out no new stuff.
I have been very happy with most of my Armani beauty purchases.