Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.2

on 9/8/2016 12:06:00 PM

I was a die hard shu uemura curler user for YEARS. This year, I decided it wasn't worth the effort of trying to get another one since they are harder to buy in the US. Kevyn Aucoin is a fantastic replacement. I honestly think it grabs more of my lashes than shu. Great curl. Only complaint is that the replacement pad doesn't come in plastic but oh well.

on 5/18/2016 10:59:00 AM

This curler is definitely not for me. I've only ever used cheap drugstore curlers in the past; it never occurred to me to spend more on one until I started to do some research when the Revlon I've been using for 5-plus years began to wear out. After reading so many glowing reviews for the Kevyn Aucoin, I decided to splurge and see what all the fuss is about. Ouch! No matter how many different angles I tried when using this curler, it never failed to pinch the outer and inner corners of my eyes. And even when I did manage to get a good grip without my eyes watering in pain, I was disappointed in the curl: I mainly just got a crimping effect - my cheap curler gives me much better results. Maybe this curler is not made for someone with small to medium sized eyes like me, because so many others seem to love it. But as for me, I will be returning this curler and picking up another cheap one. And maybe do some more research to see if there's a HG curler out there for small-eyed gals such as myself.

on 11/13/2015 8:19:00 PM

I used Shiseido eyelash curler for over 7 years before I finally decided to switch to another new HG which is this Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler. Price point, it is slightly more expensive than Shiseido but it works better. For instance, Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler is noticeably much wider and curved in both corners so that when I crimp my lashes, it catches every lash on the corners of my eye. Since the curler has wider opening, I could actually see where I am placing my curler before I crimp, something I could never do with Shiseido eyelash curler. With the previous one, I had to do two step curling process: one with the Shiseido to curl most of the central parts of my lashes and then a Shu Uemura mini curler to catch the missed corner lashes. But with Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler, it's just one step and I'm done. I also notice Kevyn Aucoin produce a much natural and more fanned out eyelash curl. No pinching experience. I definitely recommend this curler for those with deep inset wide shaped eyes.

on 6/20/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Best eyelash curler I have ever used! I used the Shu Uemura eyelash curler for years, but it got old and eventually was just crimping my eyelashes and making them look horrible. This is so much better! It never crimps my eyelashes or pinches my eyes, and gives me a perfect curl every time. This eyelash curler opens extra wide so it gives you more control. I would recommend this to everyone!

on 2/14/2015 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I couldn't agree with more artbabe's review. This curler's performance is inconsistent, one eye can indeed look better than the other, it does need to be at just the right angle and it is just not good enough. Not awful, but I don't think it does the job.
Will go back to my trusted Shu asap!

EDIT: not only is it not great at its job, it gave my lid an allergy, I had to use cortisone to sort it out. I had heard of nickel allergy, but never imagined I'd get it :-(

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is a very nice curler. It fits the shape of my eyes very well. I have deep set, heavy-lidded almond shaped eyes. With the Shu curler, I wasn't able to get the outer edges of my lashes, but I can pretty much get my entire lashline with this curler. It takes about 10 seconds of clamping for me to get a nice curl. I also love the red strip - it looks great and makes it easier to see my black lashes. I also think $21 is a very reasonable price for this curler.

on 11/28/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For me this is better than my old Shu one. Somehow the shape of this allows me to get all of my eyelashes in comfortably - it opens more - and it makes the lashes look more lifted and longer. The Shu one was a bit crimpy for me, even though everyone swears by it. This one has a larger, more rounded pad, and I prefer the result. The lashes are actually curled as opposed to bent.

This eyelash curler is great. i bought this because i needed a new curler to replace my shu uemera one. I thought that because Kevyn worked under Shu Uemera that the eyelash curlers would be just as good as each other. I was wrong. Yes, it .gives a far more natural curl but it really doesn't compare to the Shu one. Shu curls far more and if the curl is too harsh then applying a coat of mascara usually makes the curl more natural and eye opening. I was really disappointing with this, not worth it compared to Shu Uemera

on 1/26/2014 11:36:00 PM

I know a lot of people love the Shi eyelash curler, but this is by far my favorite. I have rather deep set, round eyes, and this works perfectly for me. It gives me the loveliest curl, never that horrible crimp you can get with some eyelash curlers. This curler works very well for my eye shape, but I do think the rubber pad is the key to the beautiful results I have had. Soft enough that your lashes are not crimped, but not too soft that you get no results. Love it, though it a shame that replacement pads are not sold seperately (please, let me know where I can get some!). I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I saw this on one of my favorite makeup blogs (Lisa Eldridge) and I decided to order this online. This fits against my eyes in a very natural way. It does a great job curling my lashes. I don't know why Sephora doesn't carry this, it's fabulous.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools