Ben Nye Neutral Set Colorless Face Powder

Ben Nye Neutral Set Colorless Face Powder
Neutral Set Colorless Face PowderNeutral Set Colorless Face PowderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set Colorless Face PowderNeutral Set Colorless Face Powder

4.5

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is REALLY effective. So effective that I wondered if I wanted my oily skin to look quite so matte. However, the neutral one definitely leaves a white cast on my dark skin which would look terrible in photos. I wish I had got the coloured ones and have now ordered the Ben Nye mojave powder.

on 3/25/2016 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder. Very affordable and it works so well with any foundation. It makes my foundation stay on all day. However the packaging, ugh. the cap is useless. You'd have to take something else to put your powder into.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- finely milled
- translucent
- looks natural
- does not alter color of foundation

CONS

- packaging

COMMENTS: Oil control is no better than most powders, but aside from that it's a great no-color powder to set your makeup. I bake with this and it doesn't settle into any fine lines. It works beautifully and does not alter the color of foundation. I transfer this into another container because the packaging sucks, but the product is great.

Will repurchase.

I got a small tube of this product to set my makeup on a daily bases.

I used it back when Ben Nye was a hyped brand among youtubers. The quality is pretty good considering the price but I gave up on Ben Nye after I realized the it clogs my pores and causes me to break out...no surprise there given how cheap the product actually is.

This past Halloween I pulled the powder out in order to set a full "day of the dead" face makeup..... It didn't work. The makeup smudged and it also the "translucent" powder lighted the black parts of the makeup. I did layer a good amount of powder since I was going to spend the night wearing it... but after only a few hours it failed to hold up.

Disappointed in the results when used as its actually meant to be used...for heavy cosmetics.

Doesn't do a thing, looks invisible, not sure what the difference is between this and baby powder...

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have the banna powder and it is great no complains at all i love it and the price isnt over the top like it can be with some other powders

on 7/27/2015 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This powder is a MUST if you live in a hot climate. I live in north Texas where summers are very hot & humid. I have tried tons of powders, including Rimmel Stay Matte and most HD silica powders, and this is the *only* one that truly sets your makeup with a matte natural finish and really lasts. It does contain aluminum as an anti-perspirant, but I have not had any issues with that so far, no breakouts or irritation, and I use this powder at least 5 days per week. It doesn't completely stop sweating, but it does definitely minimize it (I tend to get sweaty around my hairline first). I do have to touch up a few times during the day, but overall I am very pleased with how well this wears. It's a stark white powder, but it blends in easily and doesn't cake up, even if you use quite a bit. Honestly though, a thin well-blended layer is probably all you will need. The finish is matte, but not heavy "dollface" matte. It's very natural & sheer, particularly if you blend well. I am pretty fair-skinned (NW15), so you may need to blend more extensively if you have a deeper skin tone. The packaging is boring, unattractive & not easy to work with, but I just decanted the entire bottle of powder into an empty powder jar I had at home and problem solved. Overall I highly recommend this, especially if you live in a hot climate.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i have EXTREMELY oily skin and this only lasts on my skin for like an hour or two so that's sad :( but it feels good on my skin and it diffuses light and blurs imperfections and makes my skin look 10x better. it doesnt cake up no matter how much i put on. would definitely repurchase as a touch up powder. still looking for that supremely mattifying powder for my oily skin though. for people who are normal - oily, this would definitely work for you

on 6/9/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Although I HATE the banana powder, I really like this neutral set to set my concealer. It does not leave me drying or patchy. & specially it does not leave a white cast under my eye. Great product!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love this product for setting foundation for a long period of time. It can be used for any skin tone and is one of the cheaper Ben bye powders at £10.50 for 3oz! I just wished the would change the packaging so you don't have to pour some out. The same goes for all Ben bye powders, unless I'm missing something but shouldn't they Be in a large shifter pot style packaging .......