China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

China Glaze Nail Lacquer-Awakening

4.4

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite China Glaze polishes. At one point this is all I would ever put. It is very beautiful especially with the duochrome effect, never boring.

Awakening is a gorgeous fall color. It's got a lovely formula, goes on like butter. Opaque in 2 coats. A nice duochrome, it's got rosy purple, a bit of a dusty rose, and gold. The finish is kind of pearly in a way, but not really shimmering.

on 7/31/2011 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Awakening is a beautiful warm pink/gold polish with a slight frost but no glitter. It goes on easily and does not show brush strokes too badly (often a problem with frosts). It took me three coats to reach opacity but each coat dried very quickly so that wasn't a problem. I love how this looks dark pink in some lights and almost bronze in others. It's very pretty and subtle without being boring.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

YES! This is one of the most gorgeous nail polish colors I have ever found, and has made me adore duochromes. I cannot say enough good things about this. The formula is very smooth, it may take 3 coats but I've gotten away with two. It looks best in sunlight.

One of my favorite polish shades. A dusty rose crossed with a pale copper that looks good in any season, and every time I wear it I receive compliments. It's a nice shimmer finish, almost frost but not quite. There's enough copper in it to make it nearly a duochrome, and definitely worth having in your collection.

on 7/11/2011 10:27:00 PM

This gorgeous shimmering duochrome dusty rose/gold lacquer is from China Glaze's Urban Chic collection. Awakening is a very fun color for summer and fall, because of the gold shimmer and because it is not glittery like most holiday polishes.

It has a very narrow brush like most, if not all, China Glaze lacquers; however, I find that the narrow brush combined with the smooth thin consistency of the lacquer makes for a streak free application. It is quite sheer and takes three coats to be completely opaque and full coverage. Looks great on pretty much every skin tone.

I love the color and wear it very often. This is pretty much my go to polish, because you can never mess this one up!

on 6/30/2010 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Not sure I like this, it reminds me of an old maybelline polish I had from their "mirror" line. I never wore than one much either. It chips pretty quick on me as well. I think I'll only end up using this once or twice a year at best. It's not a horrible shade it's just not for me. Won't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very odd polish that I picked up strictly on that principle. I've never been one for frosty, metallic, or shimmery polishes, and this is sort of the best (I guess) of all three qualities. But it is, overall, a nice, unique polish.
For color, it's a golden shimmer with a frosty lilac for a base - very unique, I haven't found one quite like this. It's gorgeous in the bottle, but it doesn't look as pretty on my NW20 skin. And for wear, this wears pretty well for the first few days then it starts to chip - but that's expected. It applies very nicely, also, sort of streaky, but does fine with two coats. I love how this looks in the sun most of the time, and on my toes it looks fabulous, but I just don't like it on my fingers, I guess. Hmm. It's a nice polish to try, but I think it's hit or miss with this one and it just doesn't agree with me. I'll keep it and wear it in the fall, though, as it would make a nice unique fall mani.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I was searching for a new polish when this caught my eye. I've never seen a color like this and it's stunning in person! Awakening is a midtone purple with a strong, golden shimmer duochrome. On my nails, the base is more of a dusty rose. It almost reminds me of rose pigment from MAC. Surprisingly, the duochrome transfers perfectly when applied to the nails. The formula was also flawless and easy to use. Will definitely repurchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love the colour! Translates well from bottle to nail. Took me 3 coats to get it perfect but that wasn't an issue since it dried quite quickly.

Popular Polishes