Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation didn't work for me at all. Poor coverage and very cakey. Didn't last even 4 hours. The finish is horrible. Will not recommend this product.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Of the 10,000 various foundations I own, I can honestly say that this one has taken over the top spot for me. I'm NC44 in MAC and am wearing 350 in this one. I have never had a more suitable match, this foundation looks so nice and natural on me. It also has good staying power on me. I normally experience T-zone oiliness throughout the day and still get a little when wearing this, but nothing that's offputting. I am really impressed with this product and am glad that I purchased it.

on 7/25/2018 11:32:00 AM

I am really in love with the fenty foundation, it worked well with my oily T-zone. It is medium to full coverage, but also buildable. Drys down really quickly which means you have to blend it into your skin fast. I would highly recommend it ♡.

on 7/21/2018 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly bought this because of the hype. I have normal to dry skin, and I always moisturize before applying foundation, but this is the first foundation I have tried where I could feel it sucking my skin dry. It was really uncomfortable after a few minutes that I had to remove it. It also emphasized my pores and every little flaw on my skin. It looked flawless from a distance or in dim light, but looked dry and textured up close. Don’t think this is the foundation for me. I used it both with and without the primer and got similar results

on 7/10/2018 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

9/20/2018:
I decided to come back and revise my review for this foundation after recent trial and error.

If you are tanner than NC10 and like this foundation - try to see if Catrice HD Liquid Coverage has your shade. That foundation has hands down the most beautiful formula I've ever used on my oily skin. It's not as matte as my beloved Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse (you'll never find anything as matte IME), but the formula is the trade off. I fell in love with the Catrice but was disappointed by the palest shade being too dark. So I googled the ingredient list for a dupe and.......... Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation is very close. Fenty has much better shade options. I thought it was weird I loved the Catrice but hated the Fenty so i went into Sephora to give it another shot. Shade 100 is a dead on match for my <NC10 skin. But it seeps into every imperfection. 120 however....is just like the Catrice (great formula). So this just tells me that the titanium dioxide they have to add a ton of to the palest shades in order to whiten them, is what ruined the foundation. Ugh.

I'm now compromising by mixing my bottle of shade 100 into the Catrice. I prefer the Catrice...just hate their shade range. On the flip side if they made one as pale as the Fenty it'd probably be ruined by the titanium dioxide amount too. Ugh.

Ingredient comparison...

Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation: Water, Dimethicone, Talc, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polypropylene, Isododecane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Glycerin, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Methicone, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Silica, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Paullinia Cupana Seed Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499).

Catrice HD Liquid Foundation: Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Talc, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polypropylene, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG / PPG-10 / 1 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, HDI / Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Glycerin, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

---------------

Original review:

While I appreciate Fenty Beauty's broad option of shades to choose from, this foundation did not work for me. I am very oily, acne-prone, and have crater pores. All my conditions are managed by skincare most of the time. But a proper foundation is still key.

I found this foundation to be cakey. Even worse, it sank into every imperfection on my face. The pores around my nose became emphasized. It was disgusting and powder-y.

I will not repurchase.

on 6/30/2018 12:04:00 AM

I tried this foundation when it came out and I loved it. Im not much of a foundation person, but when I bought this I used it only for special occasions. A year went by and I was lighter than the shade so I went into Sephora and they let me switch my shade without a problem because I still had about 70% of product. My only problem was that it had oxidized and made me look more tan/ orange. So I went in and exchanged my shade once again to something more neutral. This time while wearing Fenty I had noticed that it was transferring very easily. I would itch my cheek and would find the foundation under my nail and the foundation scraped right off my face. Throughout the day i found that it had creased on my laugh lines and looked really weird when I wasn't smiling or laughing because the foundation was creased around my mouth. Im not sure if I can do anything to help this from happening if so- I love this formula and Fenty products and would love to continue using it if there was a solution to the transferring.

on 6/26/2018 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i did like this, but i didn't love it. i really appreciate and love the wide shade range and the nice packaging. however, i did not how difficult it was for me to blend it out (with both a sponge and a brush). plus, i found myself getting extremely oily within 3-4 hours, with a primer, powder, and setting spray, and my skin isn't even that oily. i really wish i loved it, but i will not be repurchasing.

on 6/20/2018 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Let's talk about what it says it does first...
"A soft matte, longwear foundation with buildable, medium to full coverage, in a boundary-breaking range of 40 shades."

soft matte - checked
longwear - checked
buildable - checked
medium to full coverage - checked
shade ranges - checked

It seems to do as it promises. Now move on to the application and why I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5.

I'm a kind of tinted moisturizer/BB cream woman on a daily basis. So this foundation comes when I know I have a long day ahead or on a special event days that more neat makeup is needed.

I found using this with a primer and a beauty blender works best for me. As the foundation dries quite quickly, I put a small amount on a small area, buff it into my skin, and continue to next small area until it covers my whole face. It gives me a soft matte finish. But I tend to be oily during the day so I put on a bit of loose powder sparingly.
Applying it with my hands also works but it did not give me an undetectable finish as much as with a beauty blender.

Shade 240 matches me quite perfectly. But i'd say it does a bit of oxidizing. So I tried a shade in a shop and gave it some time to dry and set in and look back again if the color still matches my skintone. But once it dries out it stays true to the color.
The coverage is quite enough. I don't need a concealer for my average face.

And I wore it to an event of my friend which held in some hot and humid weather and at the end of the day (about 10 hours) with a bit of blotting, it still stayed and looked good on my face.

Now the part of a one lippie out... it contains not many moisturizer ingredrients in the list (as it's supposed to give you a matte finish) My skin felt quite dry after long hours wearing it. It broke me out. And if I wear it everyday it might make my skin feeling worse. However, adding a few drops of face oil was a good idea to counteract this problem for me. But why i have to spend extra money to buy face oil to use it together with. As there are many other matte foundations that do their job pretty nicely in the market.

Would i buy it again? Maybe. But new products keep launching to the market everyday, don't they?

on 6/13/2018 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

It’s a little over hyped in my opinion. The color range is great! I don’t necessarily like the formula. It’s not really matte to me.

Final verdict : too matte I like dewy but lasts forever. Looks great. Coverage is super but feels heavy on the face. I moisturizer well before and used the Fenty primer sample that came with it. For dry skinned girls it would be too matte. If I were going somewhere for an hour or two I would wear this but all day I feel gross. Look good but feel it on my face. I would buy this as it does perform better than the urban decay and Laura mercier samples I got in the Sephora foundation sampler.