Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 2/1/2018 7:37:00 PM

I need someone to explain this foundation to me STAT. It isn't what I would call "full coverage" like people claim and it is not matte, it's oily. Very oily. I've tried everything to get this product to work, but it always turns to pure oil on my face within a couple hours. I will literally see oil dew (tiny little dots of oil) on my face. My skin isn't even particularly oily so I have no idea why this is happening and why people are claiming this foundation is their holy grail.

on 2/1/2018 5:57:00 PM

First of all let me say I LOVE this foundation.
It is full coverage and actually matches my skin tone which are two biggies for me. That being said it is a little drying, I can only use it if my skin is well moisturized but aside from that the coverage really is amazing and the color is so rich.
Unfortunately I felt as though, for the price, there was not enough product so buying it regularly is kind of pushing it for me financially. When I have extra spending money I will definitely buy again

on 1/29/2018 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely love this because you get more than what you pay for. It’s the cheapest foundation I’ve ever found of this quality. It oxidizes, so it’s best to try it in stores in your neck first.

The only thing is that my “perfect match” actually makes my face look pretty bland. I tried contouring and putting concealer on top and bronzers but to be honest I don’t think anything mixes well with this foundation.

Solution: I got a shade lighter and I wear 2 shades every day. I feel it’s worth it because in total that’s almost $70 for 2 foundations and it’s perfect for oily skin because it doesn’t go ANYWHERE and if you put s little power or use a blotting paper it’s like you’ve just done your makeup all over again! Love!!!

on 1/28/2018 1:19:00 PM

Ok let me start off by saying that I am a foundation junkie! I think I've tried most high end foundation brands. I purchased both the Fenty foundation and Huda foundation a couple of weeks ago and put them both to the test.

For reference I am Mac NC20 and Nars Deauville. I purchased the Fenty foundation in the shade 140. Initially I though this shade would be too light but after reading reviews I decided upon this shade (some people were saying it can oxidise a shade or two). It's an excellent match for my NC20 skin. From using this foundation for a fortnight, I can say that for me it oxides only a tiny amount. It dries down to a soft matte finish and after about 10 minutes the colour on my skin stays true all day.

It applies beautifully. I have used a beauty blender and the new Huda foundation brush. I feel that the brush provides a more flawless finish. I finish off my base with a light dusting of Laura Mercier translucent powder and I feel this sets the makeup in place for a good 6 - 8 hours. I have an oily t zone and oils start to show through after about 6 hours, but a bit of a powder touch up fixes this.

Pros
Flawless finish
Blurs pores and fine lines
Reasonably long lasting
Excellent range of colours

Cons
Lack of places to purchase in UK (got mine from Harvey Nichols online)
May not be suitable for very oily skin types

on 1/24/2018 12:50:00 AM

This foundation looked terribleeeeee on my skin !!! I have combo skin, oily tzone. This foundation looked soooo bad on me. The first 10 minutes of it on was ok it looked fine but as every half hour went past it just looked horrible ! One of the worst foundation looks I've ever tried. It starts off looking so dry even on combo or oily skin and then I'm an hour I became a greasy mess !! It made me so oily. And the oxidation omg !!!! I got shade 190 which matched when I first put it on but it oxidises orangey so fast and so strong ! It looked so gross the undertone completely changed from neutral to orange and pink. I cannot recommend this foundation to anyone unfortunately

on 1/21/2018 12:53:00 AM

Stay clear away from this product if you have dry skin. I’ve combination skin and you could clearly see patches of foundation on the drier parts. I decided to give it a second go, tried mixing the same amount of la roche-posay toleriane fluid ( oil free and super lightweight moisturizer ) with the amount of foundation I was going to use, and it turned out perfect! It’s even better than the nars sheer glow after a long day. It doesn’t slide as much.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So this foundation is a good foundation just not for people with ANY dryness. I got the wrong shade and that’s my bad but it fit me at first but one minute later I looked like an Oompa Loompa. This foundation settles into fine lines because I have dry skin BUT does blur my pores a little bit. Do NOT buy this if you have dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

In shade 240

I like this foundation but it's haven't reach my hg status
As an oily prone skin girl, I'm thankful of this product (moreover I live in tropical country)

It does its job, but I don't find any reason to said its special.

It just work like my other foundation imo.

My mom said, she loves MUFE HD foundation better on me than the fenty one, which confuse me a lot.

But it's still worth to purchase imo, give it a try.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So I was pushed into buying this as when I swatched it instore I thought it clung to dry spots/ pores a lot. But the lady who served me gave me all sorts of reasons why like because I had no primer on blah blah. Anyway I bought it, tried it at home and kinda hated it. I’ve since tried it again with Mac strobe cream applied shortly before which seems to help and using a beauty blender. It actually looks pretty nice once all my makeup is on and it’s one of my preferred foundations at the moment but I wouldn’t rebuy as too much hard work. I have normal skin, not particularly dry. Coverage is pretty average too. Still on the hunt for my HG!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased shade 300 I have normal skin sometimes can get oily in t zone other than tho I have normal skin type so most foundations apply on nicely. This foundation lasts so long and a little goes a long way! Looks so natural and applies blusher and any other makeup over amazing, dries matte sets quick however it doesn't dry for me applies like a dream and would definetly recommended !!!