CHANEL Gabrielle

CHANEL Gabrielle
Gabrielle

2.9

on 4/21/2018 12:42:00 PM

I fell in love with the scent from the first whiff. It was light even with the floral notes. I’ve always been attracted to the vanilla scent and this parfum is a nice blend and not overpowering unlike Tom Ford’s orchid series. However, the scent doesn’t last long and fades off maybe after 4 hours. I work in an office so it isn’t because I perspire. I would love for it to be more lasting. It is also pricey for even the 30ml bottle. But Chanel’s perfumes have always been priced on the high side. The packaging is not too environmentally friendly with all the cardboard to hold the bottle in place. I’m sure there’s a smarter design solution to this. I’ll definitely buy it again if it were on discount.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

It smells like its been left in a drawer too long and has "gone off"... Very disappointing and bland.
I had a sample bottle and wouldn't buy the full bottle.

on 3/25/2018 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Chanel has created a lot of cult perfumes, now, not everybody likes vintage, Gabrielle is dedicated to Coco Chanel when she was still a girl, so it is more luminous, more simplistic but beautiful..i feel it is misunderstood really..it is a soapy bright floral, so if you don't like florals, you might not like it...and I know how delightful french perfumes are, never too much, not trying to make an unpleasant statement...Gabrielle is simply pretty...reminds me of how french women smell last time I was in Paris...it is indeed a new direction with Olivier Polge...is he as talented as his dad !? Time will do its thing, so far, he has done good ..Gabrielle is nicely done, classy with a modern twist,.there is beauty in simplicity...the vintage scents had their shining time, now women want fresher easier to wear perfumes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I expect to like this because some people said it's the milder version of Mademoiselle, but no. It didnt happen. I smell 'older' than I should and I'm only 29. It's long lasting I'll give it that, but what's the point of long lasting if you smell too mature?

on 3/5/2018 1:14:00 PM

I had to review just to bump up the terrible lippie score.

I love this perfume. This is my new go to, "safe" but makes a statement every day, every occasion fragrance. It replaces what blooming bouquet was in my collection-- but I'm bored w blooming bouquet at the moment.

Gabrielle opens up with fresh, realistic orange blossom. It's one of my favorite openings like my long time favorite pure poison. It quickly turns to sparkling, but subdued aldehydes and powder. But this is a tamed down version from Chanel 5 or any of the flankers. It's more of a fresh, makeup-ey powder

Then it morphs into a clean, almost dryer sheet white floral-- mostly jasmine, some tuberose, orange blossom. And the powder and aldehydes stick around, giving this a vintage vibe. But this is done very well-- and in a really safe, "pedestrian" way.

It's like what dita von Teese would wear if she had to work an office job for a week. At least that's what it makes me think of.

I am SO happy I picked this up. I personally LOVE the direction Oliver polge is taking chanel. I love his creations and I hope he keeps cranking them out bc he has a great nose.

on 2/1/2018 12:08:00 PM

Smelled this at the perfume counter at Macy's and thought it smelled great. Its a more flowery scent which is a reflection of the new trend towards this sort of scent. I keep going back and dousing myself with this stuff and am happy to see Chanel has come out with a smaller bottle for $76.00, which I fully intend to buy. This is pretty scent which is easy to wear.

on 1/30/2018 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As a fan of the classic Chanel scents as well as the Les Exclusives, I just can say "Gabrielle" is embarrassing to the legacy of Coco Chanel. This scent is ordinary, nothing special of Chanel about it. It smells like a mixture of several ordinary drugstore scents, a bit of everything, a little flower mix in the beginning and then an almost annoying cheap fruity note.
Total disappointment and not understandable for me as there were really beautiful new creations like No.5 Eau Premiere for example. But "Gabrielle" is just a cheap cash machine not worthy to wear the Chanel tag.

on 1/30/2018 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I received from my hubs for Christmas! He usually never buys a perfume without me hinting....but I have several other Chanel's, so I think he felt comfortable. Initially I thought...hmmmm, probably wouldn't have asked for this. But, it's really pretty! Reminds me of walking into a beautiful department store! Neiman Marcus or Nordstroms...that smell over in the beauty department...it's this!! Now, the dry down isn't a huge surprise.... basically smells the same. The strength is decent...not the strongest...but certainly not the weakest. My scarf still smells GREAT from a week ago. It's definitely different than others I've had or have...which is fun!

Out of all of the Chanel perfumes, this is my favorite!

I would and will buy this again. I love it! It’s close to coco mad so if you liked Coco mad you may like this. It’s distinctive in its chanel way, a clean white floral not heavy on aldehyde or soapiness of No 5 but I just say it’s pretty. Probably not appreciated by the young crowd like coco mad is. I think it’s an interesting frag def worth keeping in my collex. The bottle is simple & elegant, spartan. Kind of like this frag.