Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract/Prunus Persica Fruit Extract, Phenyl Methicone, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract/Ficus Carica Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Cellulose Gum, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance/Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Benzoate, Tocopherol, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 9/21/2017 5:36:00 PM

I am not a huge fan of matte makeup in general, but a lot of reviews on YouTube were saying that the claims this is a "comfort matte" were true, and honestly, the packaging made me really want to try it. It is definitely a medium coverage, I tend to prefer full coverage, so I used about 2 pumps of this to get my preferred level of coverage (they are pretty small pumps, though). It looked great, not cakey at all when blended in with a sponge.

The shade Snow is probably the closest I've ever come to a perfect shade match, which I really wasn't expecting. The finish of this before I set it with powder was not what I could call dewy, but it definitely wasn't totally matte. I guess it was more of a satin finish, but a very subtle one. It felt a slightly tacky to me, but I don't tend to have time or patience to wait for foundations to totally dry down. I do use a lot of skincare on my face to keep it moisturized, so I'm sure that played a part in the finish.

I really put it to the test by wearing it on an 80°F 90% humidity day where I was out and about. It help up fairly well, except around my upper lip (when I sweat, it always starts on my upper lip, which is incredibly annoying!) where it noticeably broke down. It remained beautiful in all other areas, even where I had sweated, so not sure why it broke down only around my upper lip. I wear glasses and sunglasses, and I was kind of shocked at how little transfer this had onto them (there was still some, but less than usual).

Love the packaging, love the amount of product you get (1.6 oz vs the usual 1.0 oz). I'm not crazy about the whole peach scent, I bought the bronzer where it is definitely more noticeable, and I'm just not a fan. But it never lingers very long so it's basically a non-issue. I also love that it is photo friendly, I think I may have found my wedding foundation!

Where do I begin…I was so, so excited for this line because of all the amazing pre-release reviews on YouTube and plus one youtuber said it might work on mature skin. I’ve been looking for the right foundation for years (I have an entire drawer full of expensive crap that didn’t do what it was supposed to do). Well, I decided to give myself the foundation, blur and loose powder (loose powder was sold out) for my birthday (09/15/17) and boy is it well worth it. I purchased the color “Snow” and although it was a little too light on me, once I put the blur on, it looked like if I had a custom-made shade. In the description for “Snow” it also says that it has “rosy undertones” but I’m very neutral to sometimes slightly yellow and didn’t have any “rosy undertone” issues. Let’s start the review here, the foundation has almost two ounces in it, so for $36, it’s not that pricey (most come with only 1 oz. for the same price). Secondly, it is a light coverage but it is buildable and lastly but not least, this stuff lasts all day; it does not transfer; does not get shiny; controls oil; does not settle into creases and lines (I just turned 52); does not cake; doesn’t morph or separate; and did I mention…IT LAST ALL DAY! I also want to mention that around the midpoint of the wear day when I was out and about, I looked in a mirror and noticed a tiny bit of shine around my cheeks (I live in Miami where our seasons are “Summer…Summer…REALLY HOT SUMMER and Summer) and thought “oh well...I guess it didn’t meet the hype” but within a half hour, by some miracle, it had corrected itself and I had no shine whatsoever (I had heard some of the YouTubers mention this but didn’t believe it until I saw it myself). I honestly cannot explain the miracle correction but it happened. I purposely didn’t go to bed on Sunday (09/17/16) night until midnight so that I could have at least tested the product for 10 hours of wear time and it looked the same as when I put it on 10 hours earlier. Although it does not transfer or budge all day, it was not difficult to remove at bedtime.

This is the foundation that I was looking for! I have combination to very oily skin. I am Nc25/30. I chose the "Nude" color. It has a slight scent that fades. This foundation provides a natural finish. It isn't matte, but I don't get as oily with this foundation as with others (Kat Von D excepted.) I doesn't transfer like Kat Von D's. It isn't heavy, but lightweight and buildable. You can easily get medium coverage with one layer and full if you apply two. I apply another layer in areas that I need it instead of concealer. (But, I still use the Born This Way Concealer under my eyes because the color cancels out dark circles and it doesn't crease (if applied with beauty blender.))

**But how does it compare to Fenty Beauty's hot launch?**
It all came down to the best color match.

I tried the Peaches and Cream foundation side-by-side with Fenty Beauty's Pro Filt'r Foundation in 210. Fenty Beauty's Foundation had no scent and was thicker and harder to blend, but not a big deal to me. I used my fingers to apply both these foundations.

Both performed the same! I tried one on one side of my face, and the other on the other side. Also w/wo the Fenty Primer. That didn't make a difference either. Unfortunately, the Fenty colors that I could try didn't fit my skintone. (My Sephora did n't have the full range yet.) Too Faced's "Nude" color is slightly darker. So I chose Too Faced but will switch to Fenty Beauty should the fragrance in the Too Faced product irritate my skin.

on 9/16/2017 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yes, it does have a fragrance. The fragrance dissipates quickly. It is a medium coverage, but easily build able to full coverage. My whole face looked just as fresh and great 10 hours later as it did right after I was finished applying my makeup. It settle a small amount into my deep fore headlines, but using a setting powder on that area solved that. The rest of my face- this foundation di not budge, did not transfer, did not crease, had a beautiful finished all day long.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was hesitant to try this foundation because I have dry skin however, as long as I'm well moisturized and use a hydrating mist this is indeed a "comfort matte". I use a damp sponge to apply this and love the medium coverage with just one layer. I am not looking for full coverage but do believe it is buildable with a second layer or perhaps applying it with a brush would do the trick. Color range can be a bit tricky - these shades tend to run a little dark - I got the shade light beige which would typically be my non-summer shade but this is matching my tan well. I'd have to use a much lighter shade in the cooler months. I do not detect a heavy fragrance with this and I have a super sensitive nose. Love that this comes in a squeeze tube with a pump, and you get 60% more product for the price than a typical foundation package provides, and the design is so pretty! The liquid blends easily and leaves you with a soft (but not flat) matte finish. It doesn't settle into fine lines or pores at all, it more or less looks like it becomes one with your skin. I wore this for 12 hours each day when testing it out before coming to the conclusion that this foundation is the bomb! No creasing, no caking, no transferring, no need to powder (at least not on my dry skin), doesn't cling to any dry flakes/patches, just beautiful, flawless, even skin tone. Cream and powder products (concealer, blush, highlight, contour, bronzer) apply easily over top and do not remove the foundation in the blending process. Easily removed with my usual cleansing balm at the end of the day.

I'm kind of blown away by this foundation, I was really skeptical that it would work on my dry skin but I really do love it. So happy to have another foundation to use in my collection that makes me feel beautiful and doesn't require any touchups at all throughout the day. One of my friends has oily combo skin and she loves this foundation as much as I do so Too Faced did a great job with this product. Highly recommend.

Update 10/16/2017 - now that the weather has turned cooler I have started adding a couple of drops of Squalane oil in with my foundation (an essential for me when my skin is especially dry) which doesn’t affect the coverage or the wear, it simply helps with keeping this comfortable on my skin.

on 9/14/2017 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

FRAGRANCE = bad points

I received this as a gift for my birthday---after swatching the 3 lightest shades in store, I came to the realization that these run REALLY orange and dark. My thoughtful friend purchased me the lightest shade (Snow) as that the only one that didn't run too dark. I'm around an NC18 to give you an idea.
The pump is nice, the packaging is lovely, The product inside is not so great. It's highly fragranced, which didn't bother me. I know this is a matte finish, but it's so dry and cakey and doesn't wear well at all. Patchy on my oily spots and just looked like garbage on my face. And I know that a matte finish can be done well and give a satin perfect skin look. This just doesn't do that. I'm returning it with my friends blessing to just pick out something different for a bday gift, as this is a solid D- for me.

on 9/10/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I like this foundation a lot. When you have oily skin you flock to makeup offerings that have claims of "matte" and "long lasting." So since this was touted as a very matte collection I bought the primer, foundation, setting powder and setting spray. The foundation is beautiful! I bought this in Mahogany which is the darkest shade. I am sure they will come up with more later. You get more than 1 oz of foundation for around $34 which is a steal these days. Lasts decently, this is no Estée Lauder double wear. Finish is certainly matte and I would repurchase.

The Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation is a new addition to Too Faced Peach collection of makeup products. The common thread between all these products really has nothing to do with the makeup. It is the cute peach packaging and the heavy scent of peach. The main issue with this foundation is the color selection- it is hard to find a match, and even more so if you have a darker skin tone.