Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

3.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using MAC Pro Longwear (NW20) for several years now, but like many of us, I'm always searching for another good option. I bought this in BR20 (Cool Ivory). At first I thought the color would be too light, but once it was applied, it looked great. I applied about two layers and used ELF HD setting powder. I tried this two days in a row. Day #1 I used my normal LM Hydrating Primer along with my moisturizer becaue most long wear foundations tend to dry me out. After just a few hours I could see my forehead shine showing through. By the end of my workday, the foundation had broken down big time. I used UD Slick powder to touch up at least four times during the day. Day #2 I skipped the LM Hydrating Primer thinking maybe it wouldn't break down so much. Not so. After just a few hours, I was touching it up again with my UD Slick. By the end of my workday, there is hardly any foundation on my chin, and my nose & forehead are splotchy from the product breaking down. Granted, my workday is long. I apply my make-up at 5:30am and get off work at 4pm. My MAC Pro Longwear *will* last through my whole work day with maybe one touchup mid-day. I really had high hopes for this, but I'll be returning it to Sephora. If it lasted at least half the day, I'd keep it for weekend wear and shorter days, but for $58 its going back.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. I bought this from Selfridge in the UK because I just couldn't wait until it launches in Australia. I was going to get BD40 but for unknown reason I picked B40 which is neutral undertone. It's actually not bad. It leans more on the yellow side than Nuetral side. I thought if it's good then I will purchase the right shade. It is now available in Australia. Despite this looking ashy upon application, after an hour or two it actually oxidises on the right shade for me. My friend got BD40 and I tried hers, it matches almost on my NC30-NC35 but then it oxidises orange on me. Reminds me a lot of the Maybelline Matte+Poreless to be honest with oxidising part on me anyway. My friend actually ended up buying the B40 instead because to be honest it is actually a better shade for some reason.

This is not Matte for me. There is nothing Matte or All Hours about it. I am very confused. However I actually like the satin finish a lot. This applies very nicely. I actually love the formula. Easy to work with, the finish is very nice. It's a solid medium on me, buildable without cakeing but very greasy feeling. Not full coverage in any way, shape or form even. This just makes my skin looks healthy, I don't find it to settle on my pores or fine lines or cling on dry patches or excentuates textures. It is very flattering. Brush or Sponge works nicely and it gives a very flattering finish. HOWEVER, I have to set this with powder everytime for a couple of reasons.

1. It does not dry down on me and I don't know why.
2. Because it doesn't last 3hrs on my combo skin if I don't.
3. It's Sticky/ Tacky and any blush, contour, bronzing powder I put on top is patchy and hard to blend. No issues if I set it with powder first.

This is not long lasting. I do love the finish but it breakdown pretty badly during the day. I have to spray a Mattifying Setting Spray (Gerard Cosmetics Slay All Day) before applying this foundation to help with longevity. This doesn't stand the test of time of 12hrs which is a normal wear time for me. So I'm not sure what is up with the 24hr claim.

This has a very strong scent. I'm not here for it because it broke me out. I'm not sure if it's the scent or the alcohol ingredient in it which is very disappointing. The scent have stayed on my brush and beauty blender even after cleaning them. When I use this, everything smells like this foundation ahahaha.

I'm a combo skin, with problematic medication flare up acnes and hyperpigmentation. This unfortunately goes down after 3-4hrs. It's a beautiful finish but I find myself blotting more than I would with other foundation that I have which are not even Matte. My honest score will be 2.5 but the scoring system won't let me so I have it a 3 and that is being very generous. It didn't hit the mark for me. If you are in a position to get a sample, do that first before committing in purchasing one. This foundation will suite me more on once a week basis most probably during the weekend when I just drive my kids around to their extra curricular activities or if you are just going to a lunch or dinner (3-4hrs) tops. I will still use it because I paid a lot of money for it and like I said the finish is beautiful but because of the scent, alcohol and longevity it is not worth repurchasing.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is HG for me. Years of searching, so much money spent on nearly every new foundation I could try. Dior, Chanel, Lancome, Shiseido, Tom Ford, Revlon, you name it. SO, so happy I found this!

PROS
- BR10 is a perfect pale neutral for me. I'm extremely pale yellow and 99% of foundations are too dark, too pink or oxidize. This doesn't oxidize a bit on me
-Finish: beautiful, natural-looking satin finish that gets better throughout the day. It somehow controls oil on my t-zone without making my cheeks look dry
-Lasting: I put this on at 5am and it's there at 10 pm still. It looks so natural, I think it has faded until I wash my face and see the redness, melasma that was hiding!
-Wear: never settles into pores or lines for me, even on my nose.
-Application: smooth and easy with my fingers
-Coverage: because of the finish, it blurs my imperfections for very flattering, buildable coverage. It doesn't have the cakey, painty look of most full-coverage foundations and it builds nicely
-Sensitivity: one of the very few liquid foundations that has not broken me out. Most cause cheek cysts or overall zits. Shocking because it's long-lasting and has fragrance
-Transfer-resistant and waterproof
-Feel: no tightness!
-Pump bottle

My oily spots usually destroy long-wear/"24hr" foundation within 4 hours (cough Laura Mercier)

This makes my patchy, dull skin look naturally glowy and clear. When used the new Too Faced long-wear foundation, my spots were more noticeable and I looked older than this gem.

It goes to show that one person's dream product may not rate the highest. This is NOT a full matte foundation and is mis-marketed.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This foundation has a beautiful finish with a medium coverage, but does not last "all hours" as it claims on my combo oily skin. It wears like a hydrating bb cream, and my blush and hightlighter are gone within a couple hours. Therefore, I cant reccomend it to anyone needing it to last, but I can recommend it for the finish and feel. This would work on dry skin. Im glad I just got a sample.

This is a very good, very expensive foundation. But it is no better than its close competitors, therefore its high price isn't justified. And the color range is... bad. Here are my annoyances:

1. I am amazed that YSL didn't provide this at the industry-accepted size of one ounce. Instead, .84 oz. Total ripoff. For that reason alone, I give it a pass. Shame on you greedy pigs, YSL.

2. The color range is not great. I'm a fair, rosy blonde (read: brown). I need a color that downplays my redness, but isn't too light. Not to be found here.

I'm really mad about the price. Instead I'll go with Dior Forever--a superb product.

I have a tendency to ramble in my reviews but I will be short and to the point with this one...if your looking for a med to full cov foundation that will sit nicely on the skin and will NOT budge for at least 8 hours without setting spray and retouching then look no farther...this is a very nice foundation with a nice light sent (that notorious YSL sent) with nice packaging.
The o my thing I have found after a couple of months use is that you have to work quickly as this stuff sets fast! And I'm my personal opp I would def go with a beauty blender or damp sponge over a brush with this one...all around its a good foundation that will work for any skin except really dry skin...I feel that if you have dry skin this will look patchy...it is an oily girls foundation for sure! Get a sample and try it for yourself...it can't hurt to try!

I recently got this foundation at Sephora and I must say I am impressed with it except that it's quite expensive.

Here's my review:

Shade: I am between NC 20 to 25 in MAC (leaning to 25 right now during the summer months) and the shade BD35 Warm Caramel matches me perfectly. I made a mistake of purchasing BD30 Warm Almond and it was a bit light for me. I might get one for the winter.

Finish: This has a nice natural matte finish. It is not completely matte, almost satin finish. That's why I had to set this with my Chanel Universal Loose Powder and it mattifies it beautifully.

Skin Type: If you have dry flaky skin, better exfoliate. This has a powdery finish and will accentuate dry and flaky patches on your skin. Combo to Oily skin can wear this. Just have to use a mattifying primer for oily gals/guys or a hydrating primer if you are a bit dry.

Coverage: Medium buildable

Application: I use a beauty sponge for application and it looks air brushed.

Overall, it is a beautiful foundation. I suffer from scars (pit, box and rolling) and I find that using a smoothing primer (i.e. The Ordinary Blurring and Smoothing primer) helps a lot.

I think if you are a make-up junkie. This can be a nice addition to your collection. However, if you are looking for a nice everyday foundation, I believe you can get something with a lesser price tag.

I will def re-purchase.

Hope this helps!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation. It gives me the perfect airbrushed looking skin for hours without caking, creasing or grabs onto my flakes!
The texture is lovely and glides on the skin beautifully and spreads out evenly and has medium coverage but because of it's lovely texture, I am certain it will layer beautifully n places that require fuller coverage. I didn't need a separate under eye concealer but set it with powder then finshed with UD All nighter.

I looked flawless all day and all night long!! I am around NC25ish atm and wore BD35.

The only downside was the shade range.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I will not purchase

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation has generated alot of reviews on You Tube. I did get a sample because is is expensive at $58.00 and the bottle is less than an oz, making the cost $69.00 per oz, YIKES!! This is another full coverage, matte foundation, and it was just "OK". I found it took alot of time to blend and too much blending tended to wipe it away. I uses an Artis brush and had to apply a little more to my cheeks using a beauty blender. It took some time to set to a matte finish. I did not think it was full coverage on the first pass, but it can be built up to a full coverage with 2 applications. The interesting thing for me was finding the right shade. It comes in 22 shades, and they are well described, with cool, warm and neutral. I used the shade Sand. It has alot of alcohol, which is the 3rd ingredient. It also has "probiotics" which to me is a marketing gimmick. I used HG Mineral Veil primer. I thought that it lasted about 10 hours, which is plenty long enough for me. I did set it with Laura Mercier translucent powder. I would probably not purchase it because it was not a standout for me in terms of foundations, and it was ridiculously expensive, even for this makeup diva!