Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

3.2

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This foundation has a beautiful finish with a medium coverage, but does not last "all hours" as it claims on my combo oily skin. It wears like a hydrating bb cream, and my blush and hightlighter are gone within a couple hours. Therefore, I cant reccomend it to anyone needing it to last, but I can recommend it for the finish and feel. This would work on dry skin. Im glad I just got a sample.

This is a very good, very expensive foundation. But it is no better than its close competitors, therefore its high price isn't justified. And the color range is... bad. Here are my annoyances:

1. I am amazed that YSL didn't provide this at the industry-accepted size of one ounce. Instead, .84 oz. Total ripoff. For that reason alone, I give it a pass. Shame on you greedy pigs, YSL.

2. The color range is not great. I'm a fair, rosy blonde (read: brown). I need a color that downplays my redness, but isn't too light. Not to be found here.

I'm really mad about the price. Instead I'll go with Dior Forever--a superb product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation. It gives me the perfect airbrushed looking skin for hours without caking, creasing or grabs onto my flakes!
The texture is lovely and glides on the skin beautifully and spreads out evenly and has medium coverage but because of it's lovely texture, I am certain it will layer beautifully n places that require fuller coverage. I didn't need a separate under eye concealer but set it with powder then finshed with UD All nighter.

I looked flawless all day and all night long!! I am around NC25ish atm and wore BD35.

The only downside was the shade range.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I will not purchase

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently got this foundation at Sephora and I must say I am impressed with it except that it's quite expensive.

Here's my review:

Shade: I am between NC 20 to 25 in MAC (leaning to 25 right now during the summer months) and the shade BD35 Warm Caramel matches me perfectly. I made a mistake of purchasing BD30 Warm Almond and it was a bit light for me. I might get one for the winter.

Finish: This has a nice natural matte finish. It is not completely matte, almost satin finish. That's why I had to set this with my Chanel Universal Loose Powder and it mattifies it beautifully.

Skin Type: If you have dry flaky skin, better exfoliate. This has a powdery finish and will accentuate dry and flaky patches on your skin. Combo to Oily skin can wear this. Just have to use a mattifying primer for oily gals/guys or a hydrating primer if you are a bit dry.

Coverage: Medium buildable

Application: I use a beauty sponge for application and it looks air brushed.

Overall, it is a beautiful foundation. I suffer from scars (pit, box and rolling) and I find that using a smoothing primer (i.e. The Ordinary Blurring and Smoothing primer) helps a lot.

I think if you are a make-up junkie. This can be a nice addition to your collection. However, if you are looking for a nice everyday foundation, I believe you can get something with a lesser price tag.

I will def re-purchase.

Hope this helps!

I have a tendency to ramble in my reviews but I will be short and to the point with this one...if your looking for a med to full cov foundation that will sit nicely on the skin and will NOT budge for at least 8 hours without setting spray and retouching then look no farther...this is a very nice foundation with a nice light sent (that notorious YSL sent) with nice packaging.
The o my thing I have found after a couple of months use is that you have to work quickly as this stuff sets fast! And I'm my personal opp I would def go with a beauty blender or damp sponge over a brush with this one...all around its a good foundation that will work for any skin except really dry skin...I feel that if you have dry skin this will look patchy...it is an oily girls foundation for sure! Get a sample and try it for yourself...it can't hurt to try!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wish I loved this foundation, but I've actually come to hate it after trying it for a couple of weeks. The best thing about it is the packaging. The bottle is pretty and comes with a nice pump. That's where the good ends for me.

The consistency isn't bad (not too thick or thin), but for some strange reason it felt like a wet mask on my face even with powder. Coverage is medium. It also turned a shade darker and a bit orange not too long after application. There was no glow or a nice evenness to my complexion. It just looked flat and weird. It lasted the whole day for the most part, but I almost wish it didn't so I could just stop looking at how weird it made my skin look.

I'm disappointed. For a price point like this, it should be an awesome foundation. If you're looking for a long-wearing foundation, Double Wear is way better: it's less expensive, lasts, and doesn't oxidize.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this before paying the big bucks. Glad I did. I have acne prone, textured, combo skin. I applied my Milk primer and then applied this foundation. It started out really nice. Nothing like blow my mind but nice. It didn't feel heavy on my skin. It settled a little more into my pores and lines than other matte foundations. I've been using the Covergirl BB Matte and love that one . As the day went on with the YSL foundation my skin got more and more oily. Like greasy gross. My Covergirl Matte BB foundation keeps me less shiny than this foundation. So does the Este Lauder Double Wear. I recommend those 2 over this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and am NC37 skin tone and bought BD50 in this foundation. And to note I own a lot of foundation. Particularly high end. I have tried every foundation no exaggeration.
I find this applies best with a beauty blender. One pump is enough and I have to work fast. I can then go in and build up on areas if I have a break out.
This is not the prettiest foundation at first. It looks a bit blah and matte and nothing special at all. There is a scent also but very faint and is gone quick. Within two hours of wearing this, it looks amazing. I don't know if it's the warmth of the skin or what. It's just magic (sorry but it is!)
Blotted at the 5 hour mark and it's like new. Nothing has shifter or moved. Ten hours later and I would comfortably go out to dinner with this on after all day. I can't really say that about any I've tried. Comfortable consistent coverage that smoothes and makes my skin look good for the whole day. The only foundation that compares in wear time is the MAC studio fix fluid and the ELDW(which breaks me out). This is better in how it wears. It just makes me look radiant. I'm surprised at the bad reviews and I expected it to be awful and all the YouTube hype.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation has generated alot of reviews on You Tube. I did get a sample because is is expensive at $58.00 and the bottle is less than an oz, making the cost $69.00 per oz, YIKES!! This is another full coverage, matte foundation, and it was just "OK". I found it took alot of time to blend and too much blending tended to wipe it away. I uses an Artis brush and had to apply a little more to my cheeks using a beauty blender. It took some time to set to a matte finish. I did not think it was full coverage on the first pass, but it can be built up to a full coverage with 2 applications. The interesting thing for me was finding the right shade. It comes in 22 shades, and they are well described, with cool, warm and neutral. I used the shade Sand. It has alot of alcohol, which is the 3rd ingredient. It also has "probiotics" which to me is a marketing gimmick. I used HG Mineral Veil primer. I thought that it lasted about 10 hours, which is plenty long enough for me. I did set it with Laura Mercier translucent powder. I would probably not purchase it because it was not a standout for me in terms of foundations, and it was ridiculously expensive, even for this makeup diva!