Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

on 12/11/2015 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This soap actually is great, I was surprised because Dove has gotten such a bad rep I was worried it wouldn't work with my intolerant skin. Or it would but it wouldn't make me feel clean, as a lot of products for this skin type assume you have dry skin, where I have oily to combination skin. Anyways this product didn't irritate my skin and made me feel clean after, I took one lippie off because the bar doesn't last very long it dissolves rather quickly.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I've used Dove products since I came out the womb lol, my mom used to bathe me and wash my face with Dove soap and I had stopped using it about 5 years ago. After trying everything from Neutrogena, Clean and Clear--you name it--I returned to this after being overly frusturated. Everything else is so drying and I prefer the sensitive skin version just because it doesn't have as many harmful ingredients in it including fragrance. It's a great basic cleanser for everywhere, but I took off a lippie because it dries out your skin just a tad bit but coconut oil fixes it.

on 6/2/2015 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have had issues with my skin since I was 16 - I am 32 now. I wish I had know then what I know now. I have tried so many creams, scrubs, masks & miracle products. I've also used harsh soaps & BP acne type products. It has only ever made my skin worse. Now I just use Dove unscented twice a day in the shower to wash my face...no moisturiser, foundation etc. I also "double wash". My skin is the best it's been since I was a teenager. It's not perfect, but if I get any pimples they are small & clear quickly. Please try this simple and easy product, what do you have to lose??

on 10/23/2015 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is the only product i use on my body...been using it for over 10 years. Before that i used Dial which made my skin constantly dry. This doesnt dry me out like regular bar soap...and I dont like using products on my skin with fragrance (except perfume) so this is perfect. The only thing is I seem to use it up faster than other bar ive used in the past

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I finally tried this after seeing a couple youtubers that I trust talk about this. And even after purchasing it, it sat in my closet for a few months. Finally busted it out this summer and I gotta say, I love it!!! I have never been one to put much, if any, thought into bar soaps. I had grown up using Ivory bar soap and then when I became an adult I used Safeguard for years and years. So glad I finally tried this!

Gets the skin clean without stripping or drying and yet the biggest bonus for me, is, it does not break my chest out. I am now convinced the previous soaps were too strong. Since I have used this, I have not had any breakouts on my chest, not even during that ''time of the month!''

I do prefer this over the body wash..I was raised using a washcloth and bar soap, and I like the little bit of exfoliating that the washcloth provides. A gentle washcloth and this are a total winning combination for me!! Will definitely re-purchase!!!

on 7/4/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have horrible eczema on my arms and legs (and feet and chest....) and Dove is the only soap I'll ever use. I use it to shave my legs and to wash my face. I have fairly normal skin - the usual dry and mildly oily areas but nothing too challenging - but I had bad acne in high school. Dove again was the only soap that didn't cause total nightmares. It is a miracle formula! I've spent money on cleansers and shave gels over the years but I always come back to Dove.

on 3/12/2015 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So I'd previously broken up with Dove bars after they reformulated a few years ago to include some ingredient that would make my skin itch badly enough to need to take Benedryl for relief, but I noticed the bars no longer have sulphates, so I started using Dove again for my body. I especially like the unscented sensitive bars, as I'm having hit or miss luck with scented products and skin irritation (mostly itching and bumps all over that are not acne and clear up after a break from the product). A huge worry is that I will have to give up perfumes because my skin gets upset and red and itchy with some products, so I'm being very careful these days about how I use fragrance and my skin has thanked me for switching to unscented where I can. This soap is once again gentle, it lathers nicely and I feel clean and not dried out afterward. Best of all, no irritation. I don't use on my face, but for the neck down, I love this cheap and cheerful bar of "soap". This is now once again a staple in my shower.

on 5/18/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV. Freckles and PIH from hives.

I don't have grave skin problems at the moment other than dehydration, being sensitive and usual SF and hives and my current sunscreen is too drying on my skin.
The lather is rich and creamy, but it stings my eyes a bit more than the Simple Facial Wash Gel and rinses squeaky clean. I immediately blamed it on the price and waited for my face to feel tight and uncomfortable. Probably some more peeling and whatnot.

Lo and behold, I had none of my worry happened on my face. Despite cleansing squeaky clean, I got no dryness and tight feeling, or any peeling or flaking. My face stays supple and nice. It seems to clean off oil from my oil cleansing phase better, as my SF plugs disappeared again. It also doesn't bother my skin when it's in it's irritated.

It has become a staple in my skincare routine. Definite repurchase!

on 12/19/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Only soap that has not dried out my sensitive eczema skin and has never broken me out. I like it better than any drug store, Lush brand, or organic soap I have tried. I wish I had started using Dove years ago I would have saved my skin from being dry and ashy every winter. My skin loves the creamy softness - it's so soothing. I use Dove as a facial and body cleanser, I have no plans to go back to normal facial cleansers.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a bit uneasy about posting this review, because I don't want to jinx the success I've had with this simple bar of soap. For ten years I've battled with acne and the low self-esteem that comes with it. I tried everything my budget would allow, but the redness, pimples, and blackheads remained. I wasted hundreds of dollars on products that maybe worked for a little bit, but then my acne would come back full force. Finally, in desperation I bought this bar of soap after reading the glowing reviews. I figured I had nothing to lose; my skin couldn't get any worse. I know bar soaps have a bad reputation and never imagined using one. However, it's been a week since I started using this, and my skin has never looked better. No new breakouts, and the ones I have are disappearing. My skin is beginning to look smooth and even-toned. I just about cried. All this time and money and feeling ugly, and a $2 bar of soap fixed my skin.