Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

3.6

I bought this quite a while back when i read about it online. I think it was actually my first cheek stain because i'm very used to powder blushes. But this didn't do it for me. As lovely as the colour is, i have to blend it out really quickly if not one spot will look much darker than the other. Also, i did have trouble at times with this stain as it made my face look too red (i'm on the fair side).

on 10/22/2008 7:12:00 PM

This is a great product. I have had a tube of PYC for almost 6 month and have used it just about everyday. For under $15 this is a must have item. I have tired Tarte and Benefit and didn't like them at all.

I like this ,it looks natural but it does stain your fingers and you have to blend it fast .

on 6/5/2008 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i have this in raspberry. it dries too fast to use as a blush, but it works pretty well as a lip stain. it basically does what it says, and looks nice, but isn't anything special.

on 5/16/2008 10:30:00 AM

I never knew Origins made a liquid blush - why didnt someone tell me earlier!!!! I love liquid blushes and own a few of them, but Origins is my favourite so far. Benetint is far too watery and goes everywhere before you get to blend it properly, i loved MAC's See Thru Cheek Tint but it was too sheer and needed alot of effort to build up. This one is perfect. Its consistency also holds up very well and is gel-like, which makes it easy to blend before it sets. Also very pigmented, but not to the point of fake-opaque/clowncheeks, and its true what they say, it really does last all day. I put it on at 10am this morning and now its 10.28pm, im still flushing.

My color is Coralberry, which is a cute warm pink, which looks youthful and healthy, and good for some days. But Id really like to try Brown berry as i love a more warm red cheek. I swatched Raspberry onto the back of my hand and its lovely as well... a vivid cool pink-red.

Strangely i dont have a problem with blending or streaks, nor with the metal tube. You can't say that im a liquid blush expert because ive had hits and misses with the abovementioned products, so it must really mean Pinch Your Cheeks is quite easy to handle. As for getting stained fingers, sorry i dont really care for it. I just use a makeup wipe to clean it up and that's it. If im wearing crappy blush everyones going to notice but if i wear a fantastic blush and get a pinky finger, theyre going to notice the nice flush and not the pinky finger.

/// EDIT: OH MY.. this has become my HG. i never ever make a mistake with this liquid blush.. unlike others which were very hit and miss.. somedays good other days awful. Can someone please point me to a place where i can buy it online? my problem is that the BROWN BERRY shade is no longer being sold in Singapore. Is it being discontinued ?

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product for my oily, acne prone, DDD skin. This is the best stain I've tried. Yep - sure is. You just take a dab of color and put it right on the apple of your cheeks. Work fast though - cause this stuff sets like a few seconds. Once it goes on it stays on all day and will not need to be reapplied. Most importantly, it looks very natural and doesn't make me feel like I ran though a clown store for blush advice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this blush forever! I have tried a million different blushes and I always come back to this one.You can get around the splotchiness by mixing it with a tic tac sized drop of moistrizer, goes on beautifully! I also love it as a lip stain- great color. I apply it with a lip brush or a Qtip to ensure evenness!

i got this stain in a gift set. i really love the shade of the cheek stain (raspberry) it makes me feel/look fresh.

the only problem i am having is that i have dry skin and if i put it on my dry skin even after applying tinted moisturizer it splotches and looks like a random red dot on my face.

some other reviews says to mix it in w/ reg. moisturizer so maybe i'll try that.

but alone if left w/ the product alone to blend it would be a NIGHTMARE!

on 2/28/2008 12:25:00 PM

My aunt gave this to me so I don't know what the real price is but this is THE best blush I've ever used. Sure, it dries up pretty fast but it really surprised me when I applied it the first time. I was expecting it to appear really red on my cheeks but, instead, I had this very natural and healthy-looking flush. I actually shelved my powder blush and will continue to use this until it's finished.

This didn't appear very natural on my skin. It can be a bit difficult to control the amount that comes out of the metal tube, what with my superwoman grip. Meh.