Sonia Kashuk Smudge Brush

4.1

This is exactly what i was looking for to smudge eyeshadows/liners. I thought about getting one of those sponge-y smudge tools, but i was worried it would get dirty and hard to clean with time. this brush is small and does exactly what i want. it gives a really good smokey eye, and now i can apply a little bit of shadow on the lower lashline on top of liner to make it last longer and give a really good effect.
definitely recommend this, especially since its only $5!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Excellent brush. Great for smudging pencil liner into the lashline.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am surprised the ratings for this brush wasn't the best. This brush absolutely rocks for me! It's small enough for eyeshadow to smudge under my eye. It is practically fool-proof, the top is easy enough to manipulate. It's easy to wash and handle. The only thing I hate is the brush handle is too-long, and I hate the white signature on the side. It's not a huge deal or anything, as the performance makes up for the looks.

I am SO impressed with the SK brushes! I love this brush for creating a smoky eye and blending out liners. Not only is this cheap, but it does what it promises. It's better than other pencil brushes because it isn't as wide, and ensures that you still create a smudged line without an extra thickness. I love this brush, and would definitely repurchase. It's a great find!

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

It's a great product for the price. I primarily use this when I want a line of shadow directly on my upper or lower lashline. It creates a soft, feathered look but not TOO soft like the MAC 219. I don't suggest using this if you want a harsh line because it's not firm enough for that and from my experience, angled liners are better for a harsh line. I also can't see it working for gel/cream application due to the lack of firmness. I also use it to apply eyeshadow to my waterline because it's soft enough for such a delicate and sensitive area and the slightly domed shape is just perfect for it. In terms of smudging eyeliner, I think this does a mediocre job. Like I said, it's not that firm and I believe a firmer brush of the same shape would be better. It's not a big deal to me though because I hardly ever smudge eyeliner and I use this brush primarily for other purposes. I've had this for at least a few weeks and I haven't experienced any problems with the handle or bristles. I'm not sure if I would repurchase though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this is a great brush. it is inexpensive. i use it with gel liners. it is so easy to use.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I just got this and bought it on clearance for $2. I have always tried to get the smudge part down and have had a really hard time doing it. Also I have a really hard time lining my lower lashes. Well not any more!This perfect for that. It is made of Sable and it very soft. I went and bought another one as back up!
This is also perfect for the upper eyelid and doing the cat eye look, or a very thin line!

It took me ages to discover this, and I'm so glad I finally did! Sonia Kashuk's Smudge Brush is wonderful. I don't strictly use this for smudging, but its great for over all blending and very precise smudging. Mostly I use this for eye shadow application. Its great for the inner corners of the eye, the crease, and around the lashes. This is also good for applying and smudging liner. The bristles are soft but firm and dense. You can get this for just $5 at Target.

This review is for the white-handled smudge brush. This is virtually idiot proof when it comes to applying gel liners. I can't use regular stick liners to save my soul, so I prefer gel liners and with this I'm able to get a smooth, thin line easily. I've had this brush for close to 2 years and it's still in excellent condition. I noticed them on clearance, so pick one up before they're gone. I already have my backup!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a great, versatile brush and works well for several different kinds of precision blending! I use it for several things: detail eyeshadow application in the crease, highlighter application in the inner corner of my eye, and to apply mineral eyeshadows dry along the lashline to create a blended eyeliner look. If you have any situations where a regular eyeshadow brush is too large to get the precision you want, try this Smudge Brush instead!