GUERLAIN Mon Guerlain

GUERLAIN Mon Guerlain

4.2

Edit 3/21/18: I didn’t end up getting this until today when Macy’s has a 15% off cosmetics/perfumes sale & it is so good. It reminds me of coco mad & LVEB a Little bit of GA Si. This is vanilla done amazingly. I don’t care if it’s mass produced—the juice smells good! Vanilla balanced w lavender & a bit of citrus. #awesome #mybdaygifttomyself Grade:A+ —- Original review: i got a small bottle of this in a smaller sampler size totally FBW tomorrow will get at Ulta soooo pretty & sweet v strong but beautiful vanilla sooo sweet I <3 it like I said FBW what else is there to say?! #superawesome #winning #FBW

on 12/17/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the most Amazing Perfume I've ever had. Especially Escada by Escada used to be my favorite perfume all around. To this day Escada still is. But as soon as I tried Mon Guerlain I fell in love. The scents and notes on this perfume is beautiful. At times it can smell like a sweet candy but it doesn't smell cheap. It smells like a very sophisticated soft romantic scent. I've even put it on heavy layered and it still was not overpowering. I especially do not like vanilla scent, however this vanilla scent is very soft and in no way overpowering. The lavender scent in this is amazing. That's what caught my eye on this perfume with the amazing lavender scent. I originally got this as a sample from Sephora and then I spent 250 points getting the tiny bottle sample and then afterwards I went out and bought the most biggest bottles Sephora sold. Trust me if you're into Sandalwood, lavender and vanilla you will love this perfume. I've never owned a perfume from Guerlain and this definitely has to be one of the best buys I've ever done. Fyi this is stupidly expensive. I bought it when Sephora had it's 20% sale because if not it would of been almost $200 taxes and all!

on 11/10/2017 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best parfum ever!!!So soft and gentle ,i’ve got a many compliments...

on 10/31/2017 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This fragrance, which is based on lavender and jasmine, is objectively lovely. It's just not for me. It has a powerful vanilla base that would appeal to so many, just not to me. (Sweet vanillas and I are no longer on speaking terms.) The result is powerfully sweet and strong. There is no animal, leather, green, or dry note to allay the sweetness. You would think the lavender would do this, but it barely makes a dent. If you love vanilla, dig right in. You will love this. It lasts a good while and has considerable sillage. For most, this would be an evening or special event fragrance. I would classify this as an oriental. This reminds me a bit of Narciso Rodriguez for Her.

on 10/25/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got a sample at Sephora with 100 points and I'm so glad I did! I've never tried a Guerlain perfume before so I can't compare (which is probably a good thing). I used to love Flowerbomb and La vie est belle however as I got older, those scents got too overpowering for me. This one has "similar" warm scent but much less complex and doesn't give me a headache. I would put Chanel Mademoiselle closer to the other two. I would not call this a dupe for either Flowerbomb or La vie est belle, I think it's a pretty unique scent. Perfect warm perfum for winter :)

on 9/21/2017 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This came across as a plain floral vanilla to me. Nothing original or special about it. It gave me a slight headache to be honest. Really disappointed because I love vanilla scents and wanted to love this one but it just didn't work for me. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was a blind buy for me, as I purchased it online. I regretted it immediately. The opening notes are much too peppery, leathery and masculine for my taste. The dry down is a smoky vanilla that I like, but I just can't get past the opening, which lasts a good long while.
Think leather jacket + bitter florals + smoky, peppery vanilla. An oriental perfume for sure.

on 9/17/2017 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

On me, this is first and foremost a vanilla fragrance. I am in love with this. It has a delicious balsamic-smoky accord (probably coumarin + vanilla) in its base that I find mesmerizing. I usually don't care for lavender in my perfumes, but the lavender in this is amazing for the perfect powder touch. It is the exact perfect compliment to the vanilla-tobacco sweetness, and it adds a powdery ambiance without being musty. Some of the notes call to mind Spiritueuse Double Vanille, but Mon Guerlain is intensely feminine. Perhaps this is meant to echo other Guerlains...one special blend to celebrate the icons? In addition to SDV, Mon Guerlain can be considered Shalimar-like with its overtly sensual vanilla, the powdery accords can call to mind Apree l'Ondee, the lavender, of course Jicky, the sweetness to La Petite Robe Noire or French Kiss!...It's fun to just think about Guerlain perfumes! Mon Guerlain is extremely long-lasting compared to all my other fragrances (a boat load).The bottle is gorgeous, and, of course, I love having Guerlains on my perfume table.

on 8/27/2017 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have just managed to acquire a 100ml bottle of this from a lady on eBay.
I have never had a perfume from the Guerlain house before, so certainly aren't going to be slating them for wandering off track to join the current trend of 'in the moment' scent tastes! I just take as I find. I had already sampled this perfume so knew i liked it, so it was not a blind buy.
Anyway, it's beautiful! Very feminine and yes it is a little sweet, but definitely not as sickly sweet as La Vie Est Belle which I also sampled and wore for a day. They do still remind me of each other slightly though, before the dry down at least.
LVEB made me feel a little nauseous, whereas Mon Guerlain does not. However, I will definitely admit that LVEB has far better longevity.
The bottle is simple and stunning and looks classy on your dressing table.
I am 43, but of all the samples I have had that my daughter (nearly 20) has also sniffed, this is the one that she also thinks is the nicest (along with LVEB) so I think it will appeal to anyone out their teens and upwards as it's just 'pretty' and feminine. It's not unique I guess, it's not quirky like Mugler scents (which don't do it for me anyway) but I can't see anyone really objecting to the way this smells.
Only downside like I say is the fact that it only lasts 3-4 hours tops on my skin.
Definitely recommend in terms of a lovely smell though!

on 5/17/2017 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This perfume seems to get a ton of bad rap from the fragrance community and hardcore Guerlain devotees (though arguably, these two can actually just mean one and the same thing honestly, haha) and while I consider Guerlain to be among my favourite perfume houses, I actually love Mon Guerlain! Yes, it's sweet, not that unique, caters to modern tastes and maybe *is* a bit too easy to like, but no one else does sweet perfumes with a refined French elegance the way Guerlain does. Among the modern gourmand perfumes that are oh so ubiquitous these days, Mon Guerlain is undoubtedly one of the best iterations of that genre.

Mon Guerlain immediately opens with a sweet, herbal lavender with just enough bergamot to give the impression of fizziness and a bit of sparkle at the top. Then, a decadent gourmand iris makes it's entrance, luscious and buttery in nature; there is nothing vegetal or 'root-y' about the iris, as it is blushing in pastel pink and purple hues. The vanilla is very strong in this, but it's that signature Guerlain vanilla that is sensual, balmy and sumptuous all at once. It is addicting and instantly recognizable if you are familiar with it. The fragrance dries down to soft Guerlain vanilla with gourmand tonka beans that have a marzipan-like facet, all resting on a fuzzy bed of clean white musk. A shade of aromatic pale lavender persists in the drydown, giving the fragrance an air of girly romanticism.

Lasting power is good with at least 8 hours of weartime. Sillage is within an arms length until the 3 hour mark, in which it becomes a skin scent.The quality of the juice is nothing short of Guerlain quality, and I really commend Thierry Wasser for the painstaking time and love he puts into his fragrances and carefully done reformulations of classics. Well-done! :)

Popular Fragrances