Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.4

on 9/4/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It relatively cheap and was able to last me for about 3-4 months. After using my pores become smaller and face do not get oily as fast. It is very fluid and absorbs very quickly into the skin and do not leave my skin feeling dry nor oily. The packaging is really hygienic too since it comes with a dropper. The only bad part of the packaging is that it is unable to pick up the product when there is only a little bit left.

However, this product is rather to difficult to buy in Singapore and I have to get it online from ASOS which may not always have stocks. The shipping rate from the company is crazy expensive and not worth it.

on 8/21/2017 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Another the ordinary product that has actually made my skin worse! Giant blacKheads and huge pores! The buffet gave me cystic acne, so If you are acne prone, stay away from this...

on 8/9/2017 8:25:00 AM

I am 33 and my skin is still pretty much as oily as it was when i was 15. I don't have acne anymore, just monthly breakouts with 1 or 2 small zits.
But my pores are large and my makeup is "sliding" after a couple of hour of wear which sucks. I've used primers with little sucess, even high-end ones.
I decided to buy this instead. Since i only wash my face at night (i have sensitive/reactive skin) i only apply the serum at night before my La Roche Posay Toleriane face lotion. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and i am noticing a difference: my makeup holds better and my complexion seems clearer but i still have a nice healthy glow.
I tried using it twice a day like they say you should but it irritated my skin so if you are like me, use it once a day and it will be sufficient.

EDIT: after one week i had to stop using it, it broke me out (tiny little bumps with white heads) so i can't use it anymore...Disappointed.

I know this product's effectiveness seems to vary widely. But on my combination aging skin it's amazing! I still get oilier in the summer and get monthly breakouts and this product really helps clear up my skin and lessens imperfections. It's goes on easily so it can be layered and for me it's not irritating but I know that depends on your skin type.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

PROS
- super affordable
- packaging is really hygienic and cute, easy to travel with too
- i found it evened out my skin tone a lot, I use this in the morning

CONS
- none, this is amazing, definitely recommend it

on 8/20/2017 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It pills! The ordinary's regimen is based on skincare layering, however you most definitely
definitely cannot layer with this product. I've tried so many different ways to make this product work but....it pills! It also makes my skin feel very dry, tight and itchy. Love so many of the ordinary products but this one did not work for me. There are better formulated products with niacinamide as they key ingredient out there like Paula's Choice Niacinamide Booster. If you're after brightening and acne treatment I find the The Ordinary's Advanced Retinoid 2% a much better product.

Foams up on contact w skin and did nothing. Cerave Pm is more effective

on 8/2/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Nothing topical will change how much sebum your skin produces. Products might help with the appearance of shine, but that's about it. That said, I had realistic expectations re. this product and have not been disappointed. Niacinamide has been shown to be at least as effective as clindamycin gel in the treatment of mild to moderate acne, assuming your acne is the inflammatory kind. Otherwise it's a great product for general skin health. I layer lots of products on and haven't had an issue with this pilling, following the thin to thick rule. As a rule of thumb I go liquids before lipids and it has worked well for me. TO makes many affordable products but unfortunate many of them are terribly formulated and very cosmetically inelegant. All things considered, I feel that this is actually one of their better offerings but YMMV.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My skin is not sensitive and no product I have ever used has broken me out before, but within a few days I broke out heavily all across my face with painful pimples. I have oily combination skin and thought it might have been purging but after reading other reviews I realised that it was causing these pimples out of nowhere. I stopped using it after 2 weeks and my skin returned to its normal state. While I love the packaging and price, this product was so terrible for my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've heard mixed reviews about this and I was nervous to try it.
I have (well, had) very oily skin, my face would shine within 30 minutes after applying my (matte) foundation. I must say I don't use powder very often, not on a daily basis. In the morning, of course, you could fry an egg on my face. Not to mention that as it got hotter, this got out of control (nothing new, happens every summer). Also, I live in a humid area so I was expecting that.
On their website, they claim that the best use is in the morning, but I'm a little rebellious and I use it only at night. My routine goes like that - take my make-up off, wash my face with a foaming gel, then pat my face a little, then it's Niacinamide time. Keep in mind that my skin is damp at that moment, because if it's completely dry, it clings weirdly.
Now - the magic... my skin got from extremely oily to combo. I still go oily, but not that much and not that quicker. Some days is more oily than others, but that depends on the weather, hormones etc.
I love this product and I recommend it to everyone with oily skin. FOR SURE I'll buy this again. Not to mention the affordability of this and their entire range.