Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.7

on 3/10/2018 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I really wanted to like this line. It has a great marketing approach, price points, variety and ingredients. But I had to stop using it when the Niacinamide 10% nearly ruined my skin after one use. It took so much to get it back in shape from the rough textured, tiny raised weezing bumpy mess it turned into, that it's made me leary on the rest of the line. I'd already ordered several products so I decided not to cast away an entire line due to one bad apple. The Azelaic Acid has similar though less disruptive results to my skin but enough for me to quite while I'm ahead. There are too many good items on the market to keep using one that fails you. I'll be giving this away to my niece but I don't think the line is bad, quite the contrary. I just think it's not compatible with my skin for some reason and the results are the same with each product, despite being different items. I'm thinking it's one ingredient that I can't quite single out. Oh well.

on 3/9/2018 10:41:00 AM

It calms inflammation (especially when I use it after a retinoid), it's effective and cheap but I'm not crazy about the silicony feel of it. Still, I would and have repurchased it.

on 3/6/2018 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The Ordinary, how we love you and your prices...!!!

I was very curious about azelaic acid after reading tons of articles on it, however it doesn't seem to be readily available in a lot of acne-centric products yet. When I saw The Ordinary was offering a suitable product containing azelaic for around $7 I snatched it up!

Decent-looking soft plastic squeeze tube packaging that works great to dispense an appropriate amount easily.

The product itself is a white, opaque, unscented lotion. I think it contains silicones, so I like to use it in the morning under makeup as a primer. This works well and doesn't cause any problems with my makeup.

I do believe this has contributed to my skintone evening out and less acne in general. Antioxidants are always good, too, so I like that aspect. This is not a heavy hitter in my skincare routine but it's something I feel has value and, for the price, will continue to buy.

Interesting product. I'm using it to combat hormonal acne and rosacea. I'm about 2 weeks in, and the progress is slow. Better on the acne front than the redness. I think part of the problem is that the product both itches/stings after application. Nothing I can't handle, and I haven't had any visible reaction to it (no additional redness or blemishes), but it's obviously irritating on some front. I'll continue to use it, especially for the price.

on 2/15/2018 10:07:00 AM

Glory glory Hallelujah!!! This stuff is AMAZING! I use it instead of a moisturizer during the day and it is really effective at soothing my sensitive acne-prone skin. The texture is weird, it's as if it dries too quickly on skin and the more you rub it in, it can start pilling up. HOWEVER, I found a great solution: I layer the Ordinary EUK 134% (which is a great anti-oxidant serum, you only need a drop or two), wait a few minutes and apply this product -- voila! It goes on smooth and you can use as much as you want, it will apply perfectly and won't pill up. If you don't care for layering, the secret is to apply it in tiny portions and not over rub. This product also acts as a foundation primer. Can't recommend this one more!

on 2/10/2018 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love, love, love this product! I have combination skin with a pretty oily t-zone, redness, and slight discoloration. This product has made a big difference in only a short amount of time already. I use it in the morning in combination with The Ordinary's caffeine product and my face looks bright and fresh. This product doesn't dry my face out but rather keeps it looking fresh and not oily throughout the day. It feels lightweight and wonderful. A little definitely goes a long way, too, which is nice, but that hardly matters at this price point; it doesn't set you back to stock up if you need to. The only skin care regimen I had before was using Nivea religiously in the morning and before bed, so that might be why I've noticed such a big difference already since I hadn't been using anything before this to help with my ruddy complexion. I absolutely love it.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've repurchased this. The price is great, but only lasts 2 months, so factor that in to the cost. This is levels my skin feeling smooth, not tight, but very dry and matte. Of course I use moisturizing products after, so no biggie. It has changed my skin, evening out the discoloration. However nothing beats retinol! The Ordinary sells Retinol 2%. That has made the most impact on my skin feeling smoother, and definitely and quickly decreasing freckles, discoloration, and hyperpigmentation. It's done this in two weeks, but I am able to use it nightly. Can't recommend enough! The bottle with the dropper works great. Looks great with all my face oils (I buy jojoba, sweet almond, and especially argan oil from Amazon for a steal). The dark bottle protects the ingredients from oxidizing. Many, many products at ten times the price have not had the impact that this does at $7

I use it as a primer for my oily and rough skin and it's better than any primer I've tried! It smooths skin and blurs pores, feeling like a silicon based product. I'm not sure to be honest if it's really brightening my skin or making it less red but I can use it as a primer everyday without worrying what negative effects it's having on my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Awful :( had high hopes for this after loving some of the ordinary products already and following and trusting Wayne Goss. However this just irritated my skin, made it red, dry and itchy. Also caused a few painful under the skin spots that took days to reduce and left angry red marks behind. Only upside is the price as it’s cheap enough to take the risk with it.

on 12/30/2017 12:09:00 PM

I have re-purchased this, I do think it’s making a difference. My face looks brighter, my dark spots have diminished. Be aware when using this it has a very matte finish … I actually only use it to spot treat problem oily areas because it pills/balls up under make up. It’s very bad about this. I have tried letting it soak in for an hour and it doesn’t matter. If you only use it on your little problem areas and you make sure it’s very well absorbed and Pat it into the skin then you won’t have the pilling problem. It’s only when I use it all over my face that I have this issue. It’s actually great as an oil control primer because it takes all shine away. If you don’t break out from silicones definitely give this product a try, you just have to use it in the proper way and it’s a great product.