Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.4

on 7/5/2017 11:56:00 PM

I've been having a few issues with my skin lately. It's winter here in Melbourne, Australia, and has been dry and cold. On top of that, I've just moved house, my husband has had major surgery and work has been ridiculously busy. And boy, oh boy, my skin was definitely paying the price.

I've had a huge eczema flare up on my eyelids, rosacea on my cheeks, forehead and nose, as well as some super sexy underground pimples along my jawline.

Three weeks ago, I chucked The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension in my ASOS cart on a whim. When it arrived I dotted it over my face and said a little prayer to the skin gods that it wouldn't break me out. Lo and behold I saw my redness go down in front of my very eyes!! I couldn't believe it!

I've been using this consistently every night before bed, followed by rosehip oil. My rosacea is gone, my flushing and blotchiness has settled down to a normal level, I only have one underground jaw pimple (and it's that time of the month!). I have never used something this instantly effective in my life.

The cream feels sort of ointment like, it is thick and not too slippy. I dot it on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin and rub in quickly and gently. It leaves a silky matte finish on the skin and has no detectable fragrance of any sort. I haven't worn it under makeup so can't speak to that, but I am getting great results from nightly use.

This has been an absolute game changer for me, I can't imagine ever going without it again.

It did work like I expect azelaic acid product to work. Takes away some of the redness (PIH) that is left back after a breakout and all that. It doesn't measure up to my more preferred azelaic acid products (1. PC Resist Multi-Correction Treatment, 2. Ducray Melascreen Emulsion) as The Ordinary is just azelaic acid and obviously lower concentration than the 15-20% prescription products. The texture is really off-putting, though, when I apply it, it feels very "there" and slick on skin and it doesn't wear well during the day under sunscreen. Also, not easy to layer with other products. So yes, it works, and if someone is looking for azelaic acid specifically then it's great, but for results there are better options out there, both OCT and prescription.

Love this to bits. It calms down inflammation. It reduces my pores. It fights redness and breakouts. I apply it as last step of my skincare, over moisturizer, because it almost feels like a primer. Will repurchase for ever and ever. It's healing my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a little suspicious of this product because it's actually working and FAST.

I hope I don't break out from this because otherwise it would be the most amazing product. I have been having some really annoying pustular breakouts around my chin for the past few weeks and this, right before my eyes, made the redness and swelling go down immensely. I slept with it on last night and this morning, I noticed a lot less texture and it dried up all of the breakout.

i'm only suspicious because nothing has ever worked this well or fast for my dry, acne-prone but sensitive skin before. I have their 100% squalene and 2% hyaluronic acid to try next and I'm very excited!

Will update when i know more about how it works for me and if (god forbid) it breaks me out after all.

UPDATE: IT DIDN'T BREAK ME OUT!!! This stuff is miraculous and I'm beyond impressed. My skin is so much clearer and smoother. I used it morning and night until my skin felt under control and I think I will be using it every 2 days so I don't irritate my skin unnecessarily.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the shit. I go from spotless and good to awful acne and looking like someone who has sprinkled shit over her face (the whiteheads) all the time. This is a lifesaver.

on 6/28/2017 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of the very few products that my skin tolerates. I struggle in finding products that do not irritate my skin and the Azelaic Acid Suspension from The Ordinary calms down my irritation, dries down my acne, shrinks pores, makes my skin matte - saving me from the oil mess I am, especially in summer. I use it in the morning, under makeup, and it works like magic.

It stings a bit when applied, but it takes my redness away. Since I have started using it (three months) my skin has definitely improved a lot, especially because I am not as red and irritate as before.

I would definitely recommend it!

Ps: I have used Skinoren in the past, which contains Azelaic Acid as well, but that one irritates my skin a lot and itches.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went on quite a spree at the Ordinary shop in London but I have not opened any other products yet. Several years ago I was a keen user of azelaic acid in my routine but it got pushed aside by other, more exciting products. With this ointment like silicone cream from The Ordinary and 10% concentration - it is time to bring it back!

Azelaic acid works well for my pigmentation (I have gained some over last 39 years despite almost a religious using of a 50 spf sunscreen!), diminishes any post pimple scarring that I have (luckily not much but there are a couple of these pesky darker spots where an old pimple has healed) and some redness that I have in my cheeks. I also like that it has some antioxydative effects too.

It can be a bit drying, especially that this formula comes in a thick, white, very silicone but quite hard to spread cream. One needs to act quickly and after it sinks in, to put some other, more moisturising cream on top. I use it every second night (be careful as it can discolour the pillowcases!) and so far I have noticed a nice smoothness to my skin, a bit less blackheads but not any lightening of my pigmentation freckles yet.

So far then, I'm giving it 3 lippies = good packaging, price and accessibility (in Poland there are many creams with that ingredient in quite high doses available over the counter, not in Scotland). As for results, I'll need to wait at least 8 weeks or at least to finish off my first tube.

on 5/25/2017 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this with the Niacinamide from The Ordinary. Basically the only things I dislike about it are the matte siliconey feel, and how tricky it can be to spread. The spreadability is solved by dotting it sparingly across my face in sections and quickly working it in.

I've noticed this really ramped up the effect of niacinamide. I doubt I'll ever see my melasma disappear completely (without lasers and really pricey things I'll probably never do), but it makes a decent enough difference for me to keep using it. What it really helps with is healing acne and fading acne pigmentation. It also seems to help my skin redness which isn't super prevalent, but I do get a bit on my cheeks and sides of ,you nostrils. It definitely hasn't broken me out and seems to really help with clearing acne that does pop up rather quickly

on 6/5/2017 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This product is a godsend if you have rosacea or skin redness! I have mild rosacea and this product healed my redness and inflammation almost instantly; as another reviewer noted, you get same day results. I can't speak for the anti-acne claims since I've already been using the Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid for years to take care of that, but my lumps and bumps also look nicely smoothed over too. This makes my skin look like flawless porcelain, and makes it so smooth and bright. I will keep repurchasing since it's so cheap and the efficacy is so amazing, it's almost criminal.

on 5/23/2017 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've been looking for something like this for years. As I've gotten older, I have struggled with rosecea and hormonal acne on my cheeks. Despite cleansing, toning, and treating with other products twice per day for months, nothing worked for me. I began using this stuff about 3 weeks ago and immediately saw a difference in the redness in my face. About a week ago, I did have a bit of what I'm hoping was a "purge" phase, with an increase in a few spots on my cheeks. However, they went away within a few days and my face is looking better than it has in years.

Negative: not much comes in the bottle... It seems like it will last around a month if used once per day.