Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.2

on 11/18/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not for dry skin - I will tell you right off the bat. If you have dry skin, you will need to put on a good moisturizer underneath for it to glide on more easily. The coverage is buildable light-medium and the finish is matte. I dont have to set it with a finishing powder as it is already matte on its own but you could if you want to. It stays on very long and the shade selection is great. Price point is also very low. I would enjoy it more if only it wasnt too cakey on me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've only used this for events, because it doesn't have SPF and isn't really an everyday foundation. It did look really good in photos from two weddings I was in. It doesn't look as natural in person in my opinion, but in photos it looks fairly skin-like. I was fairly high-to-medium coverage. I wore a moisturizer underneath and I still felt kind of dry at first. I think it looked best from the 2-5 hours after applying period. I will update if I try it more.

on 11/6/2017 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For starters, this foundation is much too heavy and textured if applied with your fingers. A very light application with a damp sponge makes a lot of difference. The range of shades is good. First, I bought Porcelain but it was too light for my NC15 skin tone. The Soft ivory was just right and barely oxidizes. The coverage for redness is good but I do not like how the product accents texture. The price of $7.50 is a good buy. I certainly will have no problem using the product up but probably will continue my search for the best foundation for me.

on 11/13/2017 12:32:00 AM

For ref, I'm NC37 and I got the shade Golden Beige and here`s my take:-

Pros
Cheap
smells like all ordinary foundation.. its chemical base! it doesnt lasts upon application
goes well with my stippling brush and i needed 2 scoops of spatula
photos really well as the product prides itself !! This was designed for selfies in mind. Also it does not contain SPF (part of that flawless finish will be attributed to this)

Cons
I didnt like the spatula .. not hygienic ...wished it came with a pump
it does oxidizes, looking darker and i did feel I shoulda' got Soft Bisque instead

Recommend?
If you lov selfies .. buy!.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

wow wow wow ! this lived up to its type and then some ! it's medium to full coverage for sure . I use a damp sponge to allot this which I found works these best or you can get streaks. I have combo skin which is usually.more oily , this stays on a good 8 plus hours on me before needing a touch up . the formula is thin, definately silicone type feeling. it doesn't break me out and it leaves your skin airbrushed looking. I always use a powder to set and setting spray to finish . it's a score

on 11/6/2017 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this foundation after hearing alot of hype about how wonderful it is - it's not wonderful at all (on my skin) looked gross.
It was extremly cheap...it looked and felt extremly cheap on the face.
No coverage. Horrible consistancy..I actually threw this in the bin after that first application ..just pointless wasting time with it. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for!

on 10/14/2017 2:16:00 PM

I really wanted to love this affordable foundation since it had favorable reviews from here and YT. This unfortunately is a big fat NO for me :( It accentuates every pore in my skin (and I don't really have large pores, either!!) I literally tried *every* type of application of brushes, fingers, BB with different combos of primers, oils, moisturizers, w/o moisturizers or primer, etc. and nope -- it was totally a scrubber with every method. I mean I couldn't even leave the house with it on my face, it was that noticeable!! I even tried my Laura Geller BNB foundation over it to cover up the pores, but it just make me look like a caked up horror show!!! lol!! *Even Fix+ couldn't fix that!!! I am 53, so I'm guessing it isn't for my age group. I'll stick to Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Foundation which is the best (ATM) for me.

on 10/17/2017 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is good for an everyday/weekend look

Has good coverage, but is quite "paint" like. Can be built up

I found it quite drying on my skin, so I did the ol' Wayne Goss trick & put in 3-4 drops of oil and mixed it well (to the entire bottle!)

Made a huge difference! Not bad for the price!

Ignoring the fact that my country does not carry a good selection of colors and I didn't match myself perfectly, I think this foundation is pretty good. It's not the best, it's not my favorite but it's not bad at all and I don't regret purchasing. It's inexpensive, it has medium coverage, has a matte finish and it looks good. I wouldn't recommend it to dry skin though, I'd say it's more suited to normal and combination skin types. Also, the packaging is weird, I mean what is that applicator? why the glass bottle? I don't get the packaging decisions but the product itself is pretty decent. Is it the foundation that's gonna change your life? Probably not. Is it over hyped to the max? Heck yeah BUT: is it a good product considering the price? YES! It lasts 6 hours on my combination skin looking great, it blends easily, it's not patchy, it doesn't break me out.....it's nice.

on 10/25/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First thing first- this foundation is way over-hyped!

I think that all the mixed reviews are due to the fact that this foundation more suitable for oily skin type. If you’re a normal - dry skin u need to prep your skin very well, otherwise, you’ll end up looking like a cakey mess! It’s also cling to dry patches, not to mention the offensive smell.

That being said, it •can• look beautifully,
second-skin like, thanks to the natural finish-
not overly Matt, definitely not dewy.
But u have to work quickly Because it dries in a split second!
All & all, its such a hustle to make it work, Its not even worth the affordable price tag.
*Update: I tried several different primers/moisturizer/ application technique... the end result remains the same: cake face & emphasize texture! (I don’t have any skin-issues)
And I've never experienced anything like this with others foundations to that extent (I own more than 30) Save your money!!!