Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Picked this up at the grocery store. It is quite simple to pick your shade...they are separated by warm, cool, and neutral, and darkness level. I picked medium warm, the shade is called Golden Beige, and it is by far the best shade match for me that I've ever found. I have tried many mid range foundations, all the popular ones. In MAC products I use NC30, but I find it to be a hair dark, while NC25 is too light.

I don't like the spatula packaging and it smells bad, but it's not the only foundation that has these qualities, and for the price I can overlook these.

The advertising doesn't mention what the finish is or what skin type it's ideal for. I have normal-combo skin and prefer a matte finish as they tend to be longer lasting. This foundation is very matte and would not work for dry skin, it made my skin feel dry even in my oily areas. But it lasts long, I tend to rest my face in my hand throughout the day and it still looked intact by 5pm (I applied it at 7am). I find the finish very unnatural looking, especially the closer up you get.

on 1/14/2018 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love wnw fdtns as a rule (coverall, ultimate match, tinted moisturizer, THIS.).......it does have an unpleasant odor-aroma of paint with this. But wnw fdtn are good for oily skinned people. The spatula is an interesting addition. For $6 this is pretty good but discovering your shade can be an arcane process .and wnw is cruelty free (which is awesome!!!) I use wnw reserve your cabana powder for glowy skin.

on 1/12/2018 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great product it makes my skin look good though there are parts of my face where it leaves specks of foundation on my skin but I think its because its winter and my skin is dry. Other then that its a good product!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Dry like hell! WORST foundation ever! My face was so stiff I could not move it! Don't believe positive reviews like I did. Wish I never bought it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Finding a foundation that matches my skintone is a hard battle, and finding a cheap one that matches is even more amazing. I didn't actually like this when I grabbed it, I remember cursing the YT beauty gurus for conning me again. But after UD discontinued my primer and I had to switch, I decided to give this another try. I recommend a silicone based or heavier primer to get the best application. I did notice seperating near my nose when I didn't prime enough.

Pros: Non-oxidizing, palest shade is both the right shade for me and no yellow undertones, insanely affordable, coverage can be built up somewhat, doesn't settle into lines, long lasting, not tacky, has a nice glowy finish without being shiny.

Cons: Small shade range, the spatula applicator can be annoying/messy, needs the right primer to get a flawless application, might not be the best for oily skin and definitely slides around on my nose.

on 1/3/2018 6:22:00 PM

Formula is a lil sticky smells kinda like paint but I spent literally $5 on it and it works really well tbh. Not exactly natural looking but it’s not cakey w/ light-medium coverage.
It doesn’t oxidize at all and doesn’t cling to dry patches it’s a great product for the price

on 12/28/2017 1:28:00 AM

I'll start this off saying I have normal-dry combo skin and like natural looking foundations. This foundation, while it has the coverage, just looks like makeup. It sits on top of the skin instead if melding with it, which emphasizes the look of my pores. I can't speak for the shade, as i grabbed one too dark.
I didn't mind the paddle applicator, it made the application a bit quicker. If you are concerned with bacteria growth, then the paddle will definitely gross you out. It's also a little bit messy.
Aside from the looks, it blended out nicely and could look good on skin with little texture, but it has since been refunded. :)

on 12/21/2017 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is not bad foundation at all. I was not expecting to like it and actually it surprised me and I have used half the bottle already. This is supposed to prevent photo flashback but I have never experienced that anyway so that selling point is meaningless to me. I bought it because it was much cheaper than my current foundation and who doesn't like to save a few dollars? I had trouble choosing a shade as the color shade range is simply not quite suited for my type and I picked up Fair-Pale-Neutral 361C Shell Ivory which is slightly light for me but the next shade was much too dark. I use a slightly darker setting powder so it works out when I am finished. The light shades were either too pink or too yellow and none really fit my coloration. This one comes the closest and I will be able to use this while it is winter but come spring and summer when my skin tans, this definitely won't work for me. This is packaged in a glass bottle with the weirdest stick/paddle applicator. It's like applying foundation with a shovel. I really dislike the applicator. It shouldn't matter as I always use a sponge or brush to blend it in, but it does. I want something soft touching my skin, not this hard plastic shovel. Ugh. I try to dot it on and then go in with either my makeup sponge or foundation brush to blend it in. I get a nice even skintone with this and is blends well and has medium coverage. It has not caused any irritation but I do get occasional breakouts from this by the end of the day. Not every time I wear it though, so it could be other factors causing the breakouts rather than the foundation. It looks fine starting out and is still okay in 8-9 hours, but by the end of 14 hours, it settles in fine lines and creases and does get a little patchy right around my nose but being a glasses wearer, that happens with most foundations by the end of the day anyway. I will use this up but I won't buy it again. It was good, it just didn't unseat my favorite. I think if it had a different type of application, I'd be much more pleased with it. I can always mix two shades together and custom blend my own and often have to do that with most brands so color wasn't the biggest complaint. I picked it because it was inexpensive and I wanted to try it, but it just doesn't live up to my favorite L'Oreal Infallible foundation and I will finish it up, but I won't repurchase.

on 12/15/2017 11:37:00 AM

Loved this foundation, it makes your skin look flawless. However, it broke me out pretty bad.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product smells weird and broke me up badly. I have sensitive, combination skin that is very acne-prone. I bought it as I heard many good things from influencers on YouTube, try it at your own risk!