Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.1

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in Rebel Rose, used it once and passed it on. My first and only forray into liquid lipsticks. I considered buying a better color for me, but I ultimately didn't like the formula enough.

I'm 38 and have deeper lip lines, I had to hold my lips taut in a funny position to get the liquid to go down into my creases or else when I smiled there would be no product there. It took two coats to get an even finish. When I was done my lips looked dry and pruney.

It was easy to apply precisely around my lip edges with the applicator. Wear time was excellent.

The color is a muted cool rosey-plum, which wasn't the best for my high contrast yellow-olive coloring. The red or bright pink would have been better.

I didn't buy those colors because I just wasn't a fan of the finished look. I will stick with demi-matte bullets when I want an opaque look.

Dont not hesitate to buy these little babies!!! I am in love with these. They are a little drying though so I put a lip balm on before applying but I have no problems at all with these other than that. I have coral corruption and Missy fierce and plan on buying more because for $5 you can not beat these little drugstore gems.

on 8/19/2017 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I saw Missy and Fierce in the store one day and was intrigued. I googled some swatches and ended up buying it the next day.

In my googling, I saw that it's been considered a dupe for Kat Von D's Outlaw, which I love. They're similar but not quite the same. Outlaw is a bit darker, and felt more vampy, while Missy and Fierce felt like it had more of a pink tone, but still very pretty. Missy and Fierce wasn't quite as drying though, which I appreciate.

Now to actual wear. I wore this to work, and for the first 5 hours, it wore pretty decently. I was drinking out of a water bottle and talking, a lot, throughout that time and mostly noticed the inside part of the lip wearing off, which makes sense. I wiped it off for lunch, reapplied, and saw another good 4 hours of wear. It even handled a pasta dinner, with some slight care towards how I was eating.

I'm not a huge fan of that type of wand. It's like a doe wand but with a ledge. Maybe for some it helps, but for me it gets in the way. One last thing, just like any other liquid, matte lipstick, exfoliating your lips and moisturizing before hand is rather crucial. I'm certainly curious to try more from this line after enjoying Missy and Fierce.

Great packaging and great product if you like matte longwear lippies. They do get drying after a few hours but you can easily touch up if needed to give a little hydration boost or fix a patch. It does have a velvety, true matte appearance. The dark vampy colors are stunning and last longer than my coworkers' expensive liquid lipstick!

on 8/13/2017 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I gotta admit I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The first day I wore only this on my lips, two coats. The first coat I applied very thin and it was a little streaky. I went in a few min later to apply another thin coat and I don't think i waited long enough because it started to drag the color off. I stopped and let it finish drying before fixing it. This wore absolutely beautiful after I initially got used to it. At first I felt it on my lips and I'm really not a fan of that but then that Feeling disappeared and it was like I had nothing on. This did crack a little but I do have a lot of texture on my lips probably from dehydration. It wasn't noticeable unless you were right up in the mirror flexing your lips. (I'm a little special ;-) ) I didn't get that gross line on the interior of my lips and it didn't pile during wear. I did drink some water and some vitamin water without a straw. When it comes to eating tho it's game over. It gets pretty gross and becomes super uncomfortable. I suggest taking it off or your probably going to regret it. Reapply after. Also being a makeup wipe for removal or you will be fighting a losing battle. For the price point yes please. Now the second day I wore it with a wet and wild gel lip pencil underneath. BIG mistake! It was super uncomfortable, totally obliterated the staying power, and I got that gunky line.....gross. I'll be going with just the lipstick from now on. I bought the color 923B Pink Really Hard. The name says it all. This is some in your face look at me pink and I love it. Really helps that tan pop too. I didn't find this awfully drying after a couple uses. Other liquid Lippies have my lips screaming for a drink at the end of the day but these weren't too bad. I'm sure with repeated use I'll have to mask my lips before bed. Oh I did notice the second time I used it it got these chunks in it. Just a couple but it was kind of a pain wiping them away.
UPDATE:
I purchased another color 922B Coral Corruption. It performed the same as the other color I purchased. You get about 3 hours of good wear before it starts to wear off on the inner lips.

on 9/8/2017 9:40:00 PM

OMG I picked two of these this afternoon and I am so happy I did. The packaging is elegant and it caught my eye, as did the price. When I first applied it it is wet and then dries into a perfect even color. Don't hesitate to buy this. I'm so glad I did!

I purchased 5 or 6 shades including Rebel Rose, Pink Really Hard, Coral Corruption, Oh My Dolly.... They are every bit as nice as similar more expensive products. Very opaque. They stay put really well for a good 4 hours even with some drinking.

Longer lasting lipsticks are always somewhat dry or drying to the lip. Wet n Wild is no better or worse. This is also going to be a thicker, more substantial product coming out of the tube due to the long lasting properties. I recommend wiping the foot well and building up to the level of color you want. The formula is forgiving until it sets. Once set, I always apply some sort of lip gloss over this. I do with every long lasting formula because they all tend to accentuate lines in your lips when dry. Lip gloss (any kind your heart desires) also makes the product more comfortable on my lips. AND - you can change the color in endless ways. Have a good base that stays on your lips - like a foundation - then change it up with your lip gloss. Besides, when I'm out and about, I always have balm or gloss with me because I can dab inconspicuously and refresh my color. Whereas, a product like this you need a mirror to apply and be really sure about what you are putting where and how.

My experience has been that different shades of the exact same product perform differently. MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick is no different. I experience some variation from color to color. For me, the coral color doesn't seem to last as long as the others. The brighter fushia colors seems to wear down a bit uneven. Overall, I find that the Rebel Rose performs the best as far as comfort and lasting.

I would purchase these again .... before say, Sephora brand Cream Lip Stain @ $14/each (have these as well) which felt and performed exactly like this lipstick. It's the same product but Sephora has more color options.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Flame of the Game: I bought this because it's supposed to be a dupe of a red I saw a BG wear. This is beautiful and I'm not sure I'll ever know if it is a true dupe, but it looks sexy as hell, so it's probably not "work-appropriate" or "family friendly." I think the word to describe the color is a true vermillion -- molten, vibrant, and doesn't take itself too seriously. I wouldn't eat or drink too soon after applying. You can, but I wouldn't. It performs best if you apply once and leave it be for as long as possible. If you eat you'll be tempted to reapply, which I can guarantee will change its chemistry. Removing it is also unpleasant. It's quite chunky when you're breaking it down with whatever method of removal you use. Use this for what it is: a gorgeous, very long lasting wild warm red, which you should not mess with until you're ready to start over. Take your photos first and drink your drink later. With a straw.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Wet n Wild currently owns most of my makeup bag, and for good reason. They seriously did their thing last year and early this year when it came to their MegaLast lines, and this matte liquid lipstick is no exception to that rule. I own four of these lipsticks and I'll list them in order from favorite to least favorite. I have Goth Topic, Flame of the Game, Give Me Mocha, and Rebel Rose.

1) Goth Topic. You knew it was coming. I keep blackened purple lips around like a bad habit and wear it even in the brutal heat of a punishing LA summer. I picked up Goth Topic at Walgreens for $5, and I'm so glad I did because now I can hardly ever find it in stock anywhere. Like the name would imply, this is a very rich, bold, dark purple color that is moody, witchy, and usually makes people take a step back when you wear it out. My boyfriend calls it an 'evil' color, and by that I guess he means that I'm difficult to approach when I wear it. I usually layer this over an NYX lip pencil for even more of a vibe. Once I find a lipgloss to wear over it, I'll be unstoppable.

2) Flame of the Game. My cousin convinced me to get this color. I never would have purchased it, but I kept coming back to it in stores and finally she told me to buy it and wear it to her sisters bachelorette party. She gave me a choice between this and a hideous bright pink. It will be a cold day in hell before I wear bright pink. Flame of the Game is a vibrant, ridiculous, LOOK AT ME HAHAHAHAHAHAH psychopathic orange color. There really is no other description for it. I look like I need to be committed when I wear it, so normally it does not see the light of day. However, I kind of like the uneasy "who the **** let her out of the house?!" stares I get when I do decide to take this color off punishment. Honestly, this color reminds me of a traffic cone. Definitely a color you have to get used to.

3) Give Me Mocha. This is a work-friendly shade of brownish pink. For me it would be a MLBB shade, but it's just a tad too pink. I used to wear it more than I do now, except I realized that when I tan, it just drops the brown and looks more pinkish on me than I would like. Nonetheless, it is still a beautiful color, and it is a great bridge between the obnoxious pale pinks and the berries in this line.

4) Rebel Rose. I stupidly purchased this color thinking it would be a cute pink. I don't know what kind of crack I was smoking that day, because all this color does is give me corpse lips. I look like I'm dying in this shade. It was almost as bad as Stingraye from Colourpop, and THAT is a day that will live in infamy. Rebel Rose would best suit a fairer lady with cool undertones. We do not get along.

The only reason I did not give these a perfect five star is because I am not a fan of traditional matte finish lipsticks. I've mentioned in another review that I prefer demi-matte to a full matte lip, and I would consider these to be not quite a full matte, but pretty damn close. Every time I wear one of these, I always want a matching or gloss to go over them, ESPECIALLY Goth Topic. I feel that a lot of the colors would look absolutely beautiful if they had the same finish that NYX Soft Matte's did. They are far more comfortable to wear than ColourPop, and the staying power is far above NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I put on Goth Topic the other day for a date (the man loves a challenge) at 5:00 and reached my destination at 9:00. Midnight and four drinks later, I barely needed to reapply. Insanity.

For liquid lipsticks, the only thing that outlasts these with staying power is Smashbox Always On, but I can't always afford $24 for a lip product (even though I drool constantly over True Grit and Out Loud pretty much lives in my bag come summer).

The other great thing about the Megalast Liquid Catsuit Lipsticks is that there is no scent. At all. THANK YOU JESUS.

All in all, I really like the Liquid Catsuits. Wet n Wild scores once again.

I purchased this in Rebel Rose and on me it's a MLBB and I love this liquid lipstick it's phenomenal! About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. I had no idea how good these lippies are. I applied mine about 8 hours ago and it's still on. I thought it wasn't there because I didn't feel it at all. But it's still on and looks good! This is a excellent liquid lipstick I love the applicator and the formula feels so light on my lips.The price is awesome and I hope they expand the colour selection because this really is the best feeling one that I own. I should of purchased others but now that I know I will because these are better than some of my HE ones. Excellent lippie without a doubt, love the colour and how it feels on my lips. Recommended.