L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.5

I am rather fair skinned, but I usually wear the second lightest shade in most foundations. I bought this foundation in the lightest color they had, but it was still too dark for me. Despite this, I wore it around my house for a few hours to see how it wore, and I absolutely loved it! I know this foundation comes in a white color I could use to lighten it, but I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of mixing foundation every day. I really, really wish this foundation came in a wider color range (and if it did, it would definitely be 5 stars!), but I think this will be great in the summer time once I get a little bit of a tan.

PROS:
inexpensive
wears well
not cakey
great packaging (with a pump)

CONS:
not a wide variety of shades and no shades for pale skin

I used to only use high end foundations, as in really high end like YSL, Chantecaille and Armani but I have been dabbling in drugstore and affordable brands and making new discoveries. I really enjoy this foundation. I bought the color fair which isn't fair at all, it almost looks orangey in the bottle. That shade is a good match for my NC25 skin. I did read a prior review that it is an NC20, but I think this foundation is in the middle of NC20 and NC25 simply because NC20 would be too light for me. While it looks slightly orange in the bottle it translates well on my skin. This foundation has a decent amount of coverage and is layerable. It is lightweight and fluid and feels almost imperceptible on the skin. It has a bit of luminosity on my combo/mature skin and doesn't emphasize pores or fine lines. I do set this very lightly with a powder. Generally, powders and I don't mix well but the Photo Focus powder by Wet n Wild doesn't cake or age me and it plays well with this foundation. The lasting power of this foundation is pretty good, even on my oily spots. It also doesn't break me out. I like that they sell a pure white color to mix in their foundation because very fair skin tones will need it. It is an excellent value.

on 1/29/2017 1:47:00 AM

I bought this product because Tati and Lustrelux's opinion about it were good. Also, because it seemed interesting. So, I checked online to see what my shade was and thankfully, there were swatches on it and I believe both Tati and Lustrelux mentioned that the shade Fair would fit people who are of the shade NC20 in MAC. Now, for the review:

Pros:
- has a very sleek packaging, and doesn't look as cheap as other drugstore foundations
- comes in a pump
- comes in 16 shades
- blendability is amazing
- has a medium to full coverage, as it says on the packaging, which allows you add layers
- lasts all day on the skin (granted that you set it in powder and apply some setting spray)
- looks like skin

Cons:
- dries a bit slower than most foundations
- transfers quite a bit even after setting
- became itchy in a few areas on my face (but I didn't really mind it)
- kind of creased around the nose

All in all, I think this is a good foundation, despite all the cons and I definitely would recommend this foundation for anyone who has dry to combination skin. I don't recommend this to anyone who has oily skin since it would most probably make you look like a grease-ball. Also, it's good to bring blotting paper and/or powder around with you in case you use this foundation to prevent from looking too oily.

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really really really wanted to like this foundation, the claims of a fuller coverage with an illuminating finish (for a drugstore price) sounded like a dream come true for my extremely dry skin.

Pros:

- Good coverage, I would say medium-full (leaning more towards full)
- Packaging is amazing, it's sleek and the pump dispenses the perfect amount of product
- Affordable

Cons:

- Not long wearing, within a few hours the foundation had separated badly on my forehead, chin and around my nose
- Horrible for dry skin, this emphasized every dry patch of skin on my face. The longer I had it on the more flaky and crusty it started to look
- Smell was awful, very synthetic and plastic-y
- This did not have the "illuminating" effect that it claims, with a light dusting of translucent powder it settled to more of a demi-matte finish than the dewy/glowly/healthy finish I was hoping for
- Not good for sensitive skin, this made me break out and my skin felt irritated within minutes of putting it on

Overall this foundation just looked cakey and unflattering on my dry skin. It caused me to break out and irritated my sensitive skin. I could see this possibly working for someone with a different skin type but for me it's a no-go.

on 2/5/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I am so in love with this product ! It is very high coverage so if you don't like high coverage kind of foundation you won't like this one because it shows that you are wearing foundation.

Such a great long lasting foundation for combination skin! Looks like your skin but better if you only use 1 pump. Even lasts through a rain for me. Love the low price nad that it has a pump. I have the shade Fair, which is great match for my NC20 skintone, you don't see good affordable foundations with yellow undertones that often. Totally gong to repurchase when I run out of it, my new HG foundation.

I've seen a lot of You tubers Reviewing this foundation and most seem relatively positive, and I can see why. It has a nice light feel for such a full-ish coverage, and it never felt heavy or greasy as it wore. I bought "Vanilla" which was a good color match for my pale, neutral-toned skin. I dotted it on and applied it with a brush. Initially the coverage looked good. A little bit of the product goes a long way. As it dried down, however, I found that in the areas where I'd applied a heavier layer, the excess caked and looked heavy, and made me look older, and I have really clear, even skin. So next I tried using a lighter hand -- even though I had used a small amount of product the first time. It looked better, though the coverage wasn't exactly what I wanted. I tried it with a silicone-based primer, and that didn't seem to make any difference. The formula just didn't seem to sit properly on my mature combo skin. It wasn't particularly illuminating, which I liked, but wasn't matte either, which I also liked. I'm giving it a higher score because it went on nicely, didn't oxidize and the color was a good match. I think it's a really good foundation, especially for the price, even if it isn't for my type of skin.

on 12/12/2016 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have had a really positive experience with this foundation. I got it in Fair, the lightest color (I think). It looked a little too light for me and a touch too yellow when I switched it but turns out it blended beautifully and was the correct color for me. The pump and packaging are terrific. This foundation is very concentrated. I used a lot less of this than I do of some other liquid foundations. Coverage is medium to full and can be built up. The foundation wore wonderfully all day on my moderately dry skin. I applied it to well-moisturized skin, with a dewy primer underneath, which may have helped it not to apply dry-ish. All day long, this foundation looked great on my skin. No crackles, no patches, no fading. I was really happily surprised and definitely recommend this foundation. I wouldn't say it is immensely "illuminating" but it is not drying and it doesn't appear matte, either. It's perhaps a teensy-touch dewy but not at all shiny or super glowy.

Dry skinned folks, give this a try! Use a light hand and see how it goes. Thumbs up from me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this foundation online because of the beauty youtuber hype. I initially noticed the lightest shade (porcelain) was orange based so I ordered their white mixer to make it paler. I have slightly dry acne prone skin.The application itself was okay & almost medium coverage, but I just dislike like the formula/texture. Its too dewy, just floated on the skin, emphasized pores & lines, caked & separated in places, and just looked weird. It creased under my eyes badly even when I didn't use it alone! I couldn't wait to wash it off. I initially noticed my pores were more clogged than usual and then two days later I got several severe cystic acne spots (which I rarely get). Now I know why it was so cheap.

I don't understand the negative reviews this foundation is getting.

First off, this is an amazing foundation for normal-dry skin. I would say it has a very high end finish to it that is comparable to GA Luminous Silk but better.

I have an NC20 -25 shade and I find that the shade 'Fair' suits me quite well. It is so blendable and it doesn't set quite fast so you can take your time buffing this on your skin. I have only used my beauty blender for the application.

It has a luminous glow but not extremely dewy on my dry skin. I would normally set this powder and the lasting power is quite good 8+ hours.

I believe a great makeup application starts with a good skin care. This is a must have and I ordered another one as a back-up!

A worthy investment!