Clinique Happy

Clinique Happy
Happy

3.2

on 1/25/2016 7:02:00 AM

Smells bright and clean without being too harsh and/or dry like a lot of other citrus scents. I am hardly ever a fan of scents with citrus notes! Sadly, it doesn't work on me. I still love when I recognize it on anyone else though!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Whether you like this scent or not it can be described in two words... PLAYED OUT. The lady at the front desk has a deluxe sample size and as soon as I took a whiff of it I realized, "So THAT'S what I've been smelling on everyone and their grandma since the 90s.

Top notes - Fresh apple, plums and bergamot mixed with the fresh-air accord
Middle notes - freesia, lily, rose and morning orchid
Base notes - Musk and amber

^^^ For anyone who is wondering the notes but in all honesty most of us have probably smelled this on at least one person at least once in our lives.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the first 'grown up' perfume I've ever bought. I used Nina by Nina Ricci all throughout my teenage years and, although it's a lovely perfume, I wanted something that was more mature whilst still being feminine.
There's just something about this perfume that is so utterly unique! I use it as my everyday scent and I always get so many compliments. It is unmistakably citrus-y with a hint of floral but there's something else that I can't quite put my finger on which makes this perfume so special. I must say that this is indeed a very happy scent and I feel it gives me a burst of energy when I put it on every morning.
I've seen a few people criticising the packaging of the product but I actually admire the simplicity of it - I think it's quite chic!
Overall I adore Clinique Happy - I think it's a nice middle ground between a young and a mature scent which can be difficult to find and it's unlike anything else I've come across! Don't knock it til you try it!

on 8/4/2015 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to love this, I love citric fruits like lemon and passion fruit, which is my favorite fruit, I come from the tropic and the orange color of the bottle makes me happy because it reminds me of the sun. But I ended up disliking it, the smell is too strong and it smells fake to me, not like a natural citric smell as I was expecting. A friend of mine hated it and couldn't stand it, since then I'm afraid to use it. I don't like it on myself, maybe it's just bad chemistry with my skin. I want to use it up, so I'll try using just a little each time.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great little scent just to go out for the day to do some chores. You might even get a compliment or two! :).

I like this lil scent it really does feel happy and feminine.

on 5/8/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Not a particularly stand-out scent, but it's my go-to because it's so consistent and reliable. I'm not a fragrance connoisseur, so I won't try to describe it in specifics, but I find it a bright but light scent, refreshing and springy, but can be used most of the year because it's pretty balanced. It's not necessarily a scent that stands out, but I personally tend to prefer less noticeable scents, so this works well for me.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This perfume is really fun and feminine. I get a lot of compliments on it.

on 5/9/2015 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am not a fragrance expert, so I will not have anything to write about base notes and such like. But in my own (non-specialist) way, I can be very critical about perfumes, EDTs, etc. I will have about 10 at most on my favourite list and, yes, Clinique Happy is on it!

I find it a very wearable day fragrance - fresh, uniquely and only slightly floral, and citrus-y all in one. HAPPY is really a very suitable name for this scent. I am just disappointed to find that some people are not of the same opinion. Most people like it on me, but there will be some (men especially) who will find it too 'sharp' (strangely enough). Am not sure if I simply sprayed too much on those occasions. But as a result, I tend to be very conservative when spraying this. So I guess this would be my advice to others too. Cause I think this is an excellent and unique day scent when sprayed in moderation, but can be offensive if overdone.

I don't care much for the HAPPY spin-offs, like Happy Heart for example, which tend to be very 'common' in my opinion. I see the business reason for it: Clinique wants to capture a wider market by extending to more conventional scents. The original HAPPY has always been the best for me. Please do not discontinue.

on 7/29/2015 9:29:00 PM

it is a Happy smell for sure , the bottle should show a little more Happiness

Popular Fragrances