Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser

Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
Milky Jelly CleanserMilky Jelly Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water/Aqua/Eau, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Propanediol, Isohexadecane, Poloxamer 184, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Xylitylglucoside, Betaine, Allantoin, Glycerin, Panthenol, Symphytum Officinale Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Anhydroxylitol, Polysorbate 80, Xylitol, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Isopropyl Myristate, Benzoic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide

on 5/8/2018 4:23:00 PM

I have repurchased 3 times already. in fact last time I bought 2 bottles to save some money on shipping. it's so wonderful, gentle and doesn't break me out! I have quite oily skin, so naturally when I heard about this product I brushed it off, thinking it would not work for me. but boy oh boy! was I wrong. this is the perfect cleansers for all skin types. Yes, it does remove all make up, and no it doesn't sting your eyes. scrub away! just a bit tricky to get every last drop of the product out. I cut it open with a kitchen knife and scoop up into small pot. that way I get another week's use

on 5/5/2018 1:22:00 AM

DO NO T BUY IT, smells bad, does not take make up off, leaves a lil, and broke me out. A nightmare

on 5/3/2018 4:07:00 PM

Ok so this “milk cleanser” is a total scam. I saw it rated highly on a few websites so I thought I’d try it out and I am ashamed that I paid even $13 for it. It’s literally the worst cleanser ever and the fact that they made fake reviews on it and paid off websites to advertise it, is upsetting. If you want something that’s gentle get Cetaphil, which is actually effective, unlike this useless milk-water that doesn’t clean your face. Ugh. Shame on Glossier! Whoever started that company just had connections and that was it. Do not let her steal your money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Highlllly overrated. A very basic cleanser. Doesn't leave my skin feeling striped which is good but on the other hand doesn't do a great job at feeling like I've done a thorough cleanse (even if i oil cleanse first). Doesn't last long at all either, i went through this extremely quickly, with just using 1 pump each cleanse.

on 4/2/2018 2:49:00 AM

I will never use anything that isn't this on my combo skin ever again. It's the perfect cleanser, truly. I use this after I remove my makeup and it leaves my skin perfectly balanced. Already purchased a backup.

on 3/30/2018 7:25:00 PM

Great packaging. The thing that drew me into this product the most was the smell. It smells very similar to the Fresh Soy Face cleanser. It smells faintly of roses and is aromatherapeutic for me. This doesn't foam up which is incredible for dry skin. However I would recommend this to anyone regardless of skin type because it is so gentle. Finding a gentle cleanser is so extremely important not only for people with sensitive skin. I would highly recommend this for people with acne prone skin or skin with any type of inflammation. It cleanses your skin without stripping it. I use around one pump each time in the evening as a second cleanse after an oil and half a pump in the morning.
I have tried my fair share of non -foaming cleansers and this is my favourite. This is better than the Cerave hydrating cleanser (although it is more pricey)!
Feel free to use my code for 10% off:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bad product if you have truly sensitive skin and are allergic to fragrances, including fragrant plants. I learned this the hard way...
My face burnt upon application and I developed some red bumps. I attribute to the rose water, which I knew was not a good ingredient (fragrant plant) but I tried it anyways.

However, this stuff really removes makeup IF applied to dry skin and then rinsed. I wear light makeup, though.

ALSO, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM GLOSSIER IS AMAZING!! It was the BEST online customer service experience I have ever had. I told them I wanted to return the product because it irritated my skin and not only did they respond just hours later, but they told me I did not have to return the product because it would be a hassle for me- and they are going to return the money back to my card. I got a confirmation email that the money will be back in my account in 5-10 days.

I give 1 lippie for makeup removal, and 1 lippie for customer service/the company itself.

However, please do not claim something is "safe for sensitive skin" or "tested by dermatologists" when you have an ingredient like rose water. It is highly misleading. There was another irritating ingredient I did research on that was in the ingredients list, but now I cannot remember which one (I have it written down somewhere...)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Glossier's "milky jelly" cleanser is a really gentle cleanser with no foaming action. You can basically picture Cetaphil cleansing lotion, and that's exactly what this is like. I actually like the unscented-ness of it - I can't detect a scent. I used to always want scent, but so many things now are saturated in our beauty routines (with scent), so I feel like I'm over that.
The cost and the amount are not a great bargain; however, I like that this is soft/gentle like Cetaphil, and also satisfies the need to be a little more "indulgent" with pretty packaging.
Like Cetaphil, I left a little on my skin to see if it would leave a moisture barrier, and it did! Amazing little side benefit. It "dries" to a really glowy "tight" look on the face, but *not* dry/crackly. If you put a thin (very thin) layer on after you pat dry, you'll have that shiny "just got out of the spa facial" look.

I would buy it again, but I don't think I would urge others to spend their money on this, only because I think there are better bargains to be had for proper skin care. This is a luxury cleanser, not a "must" for clear skin.

I bought this based off the sample given to me when I purchased Boy Brow and a blush when in the Glossier showroom. I had dismissed Glossier for skincare. For reference I have dry skin that since coming off BCP is now prone to hormonal acne on the jawline/neck also my skin can be quite sensitive/reactive. I have been using Ponds Cold cream cleanser (removed with a warm damp wash cloth) and then following with Elaves Facial Cleanser (very bland - non foaming) and this has been my routine for years.

I tried Milky Jelly in the place of the cold cream until the sample ran out and was impressed at how calm it left my skin, my skin was an even tone, no dryness and looked great. Its not a stripping cleanser I waited for the inevitable clogging/breakouts as a result of using a new product but there were none, so I bought a full bottle. I have to say I'm really happy with it. The pump bottle is easy to use and very pretty. There is a smell from the product - kind of a fake rose smell, doesn't bother me and dissipates upon spreading the product.

I still follow up with the Elave Facial Cleanser and my skin looks great! I do think this cleanser is worth a try - it works well on my dry sensitive skin. I find I use 1.5 pumps at night and massage it in then rinse. If I use it in the morning 1 pump is sufficient therefore the bottle should last quite some time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is very gentle. It has a lightweight and gel-like consistency suitable to all skin types. good for first cleanse then followup with a stronger cleanser for your second cleanse. it's just hard to empty this bottle. had to scoop the remaining product my sensitive acne-prone combination didn't react to this at all. i also find that this takes off any traces of sunscreen. you may read my review here https://brushstrokesandlullabies.blogspot.com/2018/01/the-best-cleansers-of-brushstrokes-and.html