Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

Maybelline Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder

4.2

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin and have tried numerous setting powders. Two face primed was most recent which turned into gritty, nasty mess! I was in awe when I looked at my makeup and looked perfect for at least 6-7 hours which is s record. I have used urban decay setting spray in past and not impressed UNTIL I used with this product. I think Mac Pro longwear, set with maybeline master fix and a spray of urban decay all nighter is the makeup cocktail that I have search long and hard for. YAY!!!

on 3/2/2017 10:12:00 AM

A great product. With only using BB+concealer+and this powder I can look polished and glowy. I'm working in an environment where we couldn't wear obvious/thick makeup or in other words no-makeup makeup. Anyway this powder is perfect. And I'm also loving the affordable price. Will def buy this product again.

on 12/14/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Update 2017:
I can use this just fine as a FINISHING powder to take shine away slightly by sweeping a small amount of it on my t-zone and under eye or all over.

NO BAKING. You can't pack this silica powder on because translucent doesn't mean invisible. If you pack it on your makeup will look dull and ashy, and I imagine you will also get an ugly flashback in pictures.

Used sparingly it doesn't break me out and doesn't add a lot of texture to my makeup.

I don't think it blurs anything, which is why I give it an average rating.

on 7/22/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really awesome translucent setting powder. I have combo oily skin and use this to set my undereye concealer; it does a nice job of preventing creasing under my eyes. The only con for me is the messy packaging. Every time I dip my brush into the powder and tap off the excess, a cloud of smoke goes everywhere. Other than that, this is a great setting powder! Highly recommend it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Picked this up because it seemed like a clear dupe for the Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder. Gotta say, this powder is really nice. I have some oil control issues and this, paired with De-Slick, keeps me nicely matte. Like with the MUF powder, I use a REALLY light hand with this, and so far I haven't experienced any flashback. However, I wouldn't be surprised, like with the HD powder, if you use a heavier hand, that might become an issue. This sits on the skin very nicely, but personally, I think it needs a setting spray with it, or else it can be sort of heavy. Like with the MUF powder, do NOT attempt to bake with this, or you'll look like Casper the friendly ghost.

Be prepared to inhale this stuff, because it goes EVERYWHERE. It's such a fine powder that it just kind of smokes up as you dab your brush in it. I can't really think of anything to stop that, packaging wise. Might have been nice if it came with one of those plastic caps that stops it from spilling into the lid, just to keep it tidier. But that's a nit pick that can be solved with a little scotch tape, if so desired.

The price is decent, although I've gotta say I expected it to be a way deeper package than what it turned out to be. Still, if it's between buying this and the MUF HD, this is a lovely dupe and way cheaper, that's for sure. Overall, a great product.

on 8/19/2016 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this powder. As in all of my reviews, I like to state that I wear minimal makeup. That is one of the reasons I enjoy this powder so much. All I wear for face makeup is primer, concealer and this powder. I use it to set my concealer, and it works very well for that. My under eye concealer does not crease for 12+ hours. Since I only wear minimal makeup, this is a wonderful product for my needs. I am always on the hunt for products that can blur, fill in pores, and leave me with a beautiful finish without adding layers of texture to my already textured skin. This product does all the above. I love how lightweight it is and fact that it's translucent is even more of a positive for me. I have very oily skin and will sometimes touch up once during the day if my shine is out of control. I was extremely impressed with how much powder is packed into that little container. I bought a second one because I thought i was almost out, that was three weeks ago and I still haven't opened the new one lol. As other reviews have stated it can be messy, but what loose powder can't be, right?

pros:
-lightweight on skin
-sets concealer beautifully
-cannot be seen on skin
-allows me to mattify without the dry lol
-a lot of product is in the small container
-easy to find, sold in most stores that carry makeup

cons:
-messy, and can pour out fast

I've been a Makeup Forever HD Powder junkie for years and I've been looking for a drugstore dupe for such a long time. This works as well (if not better) than MUF. It keeps my under eye concealer in place and when I set my whole face with it, I feel like it makes my skin look flawless.

I just really wish that these loose powders at the drugstore could figure out a way to have a sifter that closes... But I figured out that you can put a round compact sponge in the sifter tray to keep it from being so messy.

on 2/17/2016 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been looking for a product that would set my makeup more securely- especially because my skin is on the oily side, so I wanted to make sure my makeup wouldn't slide around my face too much. I'm so glad I picked up this powder! It's really helped control the oil and shine on my face, and it's helped keep my foundation from sliding around during the day. I find that it also helps with securing concealer to the under-eye area, as it even helps with troublesome creasing issues.

I have not had many other powders in the past, as I have never liked the feeling of them on my face, or felt as though they made much of a difference. With this, I can see the results, it helps my makeup stay put for hours without worrying.

The only drawback is how messy it has a tendency to be when trying to access it- perhaps less holes in the top so that the product doesn't spill out so quickly? Other than that though, the powder itself works very nicely.