Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 7/24/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I got the product in clear and it was decent. It definitely flakes a lot less than other brow gels that I have tried and the hold was ok. I have thick eyebrows so there were still some random hairs that I would have to put back in place throughout the day. I can't speak for the tinted ones and their performance but as for the clear one not worth the price. Also, although this is my own fault for not reading details, this is not the size of a regular mascara tube, it is about half the size which is a very small amount of product for $16! It has a good applicator brush but the lettering on the outside rubbed off after a week which was annoying

on 7/23/2017 7:13:00 AM

I got this as a gift from my friend, and it really looked so great, BUT two days after, I suffered from the worst and most unusual breakout ALL OVER MY FOREHEAD, which is normally pimple free. It stretched all the way from my brows to the edges of my hairline, and it was nothing like I've had before (painful, big, red, and everywhere). I was trying to figure out the cause of it but didn't suspect Boy Brow, though I stopped using it in the meantime. The breakout started to cool down within a week and I thought I was saved - right up until I tried Boy Brow a second time, and within a couple of days, breakout #2 started.

Might not be the best scientific experiment, but I really wouldn't want to test this hypothesis a third time :( Seems to work great for my friend though!! So if you guys are lucky, this product is GREAT (it looks natural, is very easy to use, and honestly creates volume). But for those who may have sensitive skin, save yourselves the agony!!!! (Honestly, my skin is at an all time low in my 23 years of life).

on 6/14/2017 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I like this a lot, but I don't love it as much as other people seem to. I don't get either the 'feathery' look or a 'bulky' look to my brows. For me, its a tinted brow gel pretty much like other tinted brow gels except I like the small applicator of the product. Product claims to be "all-in-one brow fluffer, filler, and shaper" but I find it only does 2/3 of what its supposed to. But it does those two things well so I'm giving it a 4.

Pro:
Small applicator head allows control when using
Holds my brows sufficiently (so fulfils grooming claim of product)
Colour (brown) works to add some definition without necessarily having to add powder or pencil. (fulfuls 'filling in' claim of product)

Con:
Not readily available and when buying online it was quite expensive for me in Aus ($40). I know this isn't applicable for those who have access to glossier but its a con for me.
I don't get any 'boy brows'. It doesn't thicken my brows unless I put multiple coats on but then it looks unnatural rather than feathery/fluffy and full.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I think I'm in the minority here. Bought this in brunette. PRO'S: doesn't dry out at quickly as Gimme Brow by Benefit, Small brush, keeps brows in place fairly well CON'S: too warm toned, I don't find it to really have the same "fiber" texture like gimme brow just more of a tinted gel. I won't be repurchasing even though this is cheaper, Gimme Brow is more accessible and gives a better result/color for the same exact hold.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to love this! As a brow product, it's great (though you go through it so so fast if you use it daily). However, it broke me out REALLY badly. I have normal skin that's pretty well managed and I don't ever really get problematic breakouts. With this, I got the worst pimples of my life - big, painful, red bumps that swelled up my forehead and left behind scars. It started out pretty innocent, with little whiteheads that would go away with Epiduo after a day or so. But these are like nothing I've ever seen - like painful bug bites right above and between my eyebrows. I haven't changed anything else about my routine and I even repurchased this. Shame, because it's such an awesome brow gel and I really love what it does to my look! Just not to my skin.

on 6/10/2017 8:23:00 PM

This is my HG eyebrow product. I'll never go back to Benefit or Anastasia again.

It LASTS AND LASTS. I have greasy skin and makeup never stays on my skin for more than a few hours. This stuff legitimately lasts for 16 hours. Doesn't smear, either.

It's kind of waxy, which I like, because it holds hairs in place.

Other eyebrow products have often made me break out in the eyebrows area (I have super acne-prone skin). I don't notice an increase in breakouts with this product.

Rest of Glossier's products are super underwhelming and seemingly basic, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Not much else to say here—I just love it and see no reason to continue searching for the perfect brow product. Seriously, it lasts sooooo long. if you want 20% off use this link: http://bff.glossier.com/fEw12

on 5/5/2017 12:18:00 AM

UPDATE: I also got boy brow in the brown shade and I prefer brown so much more than black. It just looks more natural. FYI, I'm asian (NW20) with black hair. Second, after using this product for a while now, I will have to say it's kind of goopy so you just have to be careful about applying it. I apply it first toward the tail end of my brows, then the front so I don't catch too much product. I still like it more than Gimme Brow because I think Glossier's fiber effect is better.

I also have Benefit's Gimme Brow in Deep and I prefer this one much more. I have Boy Brow in Black (purchased in Glossier Phase 2 set). It's very similar in that it's a fiber gel. Gimme Brow was great in the beginning but then you lose a lot of the product because it starts to dry and clump. It's also cheaper than Gimme Brow. I can't use this product alone (same with gimme brow). I have to still fill in my brows with Anastasia pomade, then use Boy Brow to give my brows more depth and lengthen the hairs.

IN COMPARISON
Benefit's Gimme Brow: $24 for 0.10oz
Anastasia Brow Gel: $22 for 0.32oz
Glossier's Boy Brow: $16 for 0.11oz

PROS
Fibers give brows more depth and lengthens hair
Good price

CONS
Still have to use pomade to fill in brows
A little goopy

If you want to try it, here's 20% off your purchase: bff.glossier.com/fztw2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Long lasting, easy and fast to apply, looks great. Would buy again and rec to friends. Love this stuff.

on 5/2/2017 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is my holy grail of brow gels. This brow mscara is perfect if you have enough shape/spareness of an asian brow. If you have a ton of brow you probably wont see a difference. It truly multiplies your brow hairs and helps shape them. It doesn't darken your brows the way a powder would, it just adds to it without looking like you drew on cartoon brows. The price is expensive to me because I used it for 6 months and I'm almost out, usually a brow mascara can last a year for me (I don't even wear makeup everyday!) I do use a NYX microbrow pencil with this too to add shape to the eyebrow tails if I want a sharper shape. This gives you a nice natural base to start with.

on 5/18/2017 11:27:00 PM

I love this product! I've been using the Anastasia Brow Power Duo for years and recently bought this product after reading so many great reviews about it. I will forever use the boy brow! I have asian black hair and the shade in Brown is perfect. The application is so easy and the product really lasts all day. I grade this an A++++!

Popular Brows Products