Curology - Acne Treatment

Curology - Acne Treatment

4.3

fka PocketDerm

on 5/12/2017 2:48:00 PM

This stuff is pretty incredible . I have tried antibiotics , sulfur, clindamycin, zinc, peels, aloe ... pretty much everything but accutane (which scares me) and my skin was still breaking out . I was desperate so I snapped a pic and sent it in to curology .. I got a nice note back from the NP with her recommendations which were clindamycin, Zinc and salycylic ... I think for me the Zinc was the magic ingredient .. my skin cleared up amazingly over a couple weeks! So much so that I cancelled it after the first month . Big mistake! After 6 mths my skin went back to being a mess.. I am going to stick with it this time . It's pretty much a god-send for me

Love this product, and the service is so easy to use! I have been trying to get my acne under control for a while now, and it just doesn't seen to happen! A few months ago I started using Curology and I have been very pleased with what it has done with my skin. My hormonal breakouts have become non-existent. And on long work weeks, when I haven't been as diligent with sleep/water/beauty routine my skin is still firm, clear, and healthy. Seriously, my skin has never been softer, cleaner, or clearer! I am very happy.
Also, your assigned Derm will help you out with anything, even if its a small one time concern or not directly related to the product. They are there to help you with all your skincare questions. And when they give you instructions, take them seriously! I ignored one and it didn't turn out well! They are professionals who will really help you with your skin.

on 2/5/2017 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've dealt with acne since I was 12. Did the whole derm route with different creams, Spiro, etc. At 30 did 5 months of Accutane and had a great year, then It came back. Mostly chin and jaw. Terrible. I found Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid and it solved *most* of the bigger issues (and it will always be an HG and in my medicine cabinet), but still had problems with closed comedones, blackheads etc. Now, I'm 44. So it's keeping acne AND wrinkles at bay.
First batch ingredients:
– tretinoin 0.009% (unclogs pores and improves skin texture)
– clindamycin 1% (antibacterial and anti-inflammatory)
– azelaic acid 9% (antibacterial that also fights redness and hyperpigmentation)
Gave good results. Next shipment we upped the tretinoin to .018%.
Things were good. I was looking to get rid of subscriptions to save $$$. So cancelled this for a few months. Bad idea! Just got back on it at the script I left off with. Some minor purging, but it's also REALLY helping hyperpigmentation fade quickly.
I will not be going back off of it again.
Also very happy with service, response time, information, and personal attention. Rachel Rivard, NP-C is my provider.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i've been using curology for 3 months now & have been extremely pleased so far. i've had persistent acne of varying severity for years & after hitting a particularly bad bout of it & hearing about this service i finally decided it was time for rx-strength treatment again. my skin is very sensitive & while it has gotten more under control by using gentler & better-formulated otc products & an at-home blue light device, i still get breakouts regularly. curology has helped dramatically.

my rx is currently a combo of azelaic acid, clindamycin & zinc pyrithione. i noticed my skin starting to clear up a little within a couple days & have overall noticed fewer blemishes & quicker healing time for the ones i do get. some of my hyperpigmentation is also starting to slowly fade. my skin is still far from perfect but i have seen visible improvement across the photos i submit to my provider each month. i've also luckily had no side effects but as everyone's skin & rx is different ymmv.

as for the service itself, it's been great for me. my provider has been very friendly & helpful in answering all of my questions about my rx & has offered advice about the rest of my skincare routine. i've been able to easily reschedule shipments on the website, too. i think this is an invaluable service for ppl w/ problem skin who have no/inadequate insurance or just want something simple & convenient.

I have been using Curology for 4+ months now. I have struggled with cystic acne for a long while, and PIE. My skin has cleared up, and my PIE is slowly, but surely fading. On top of that, my derm has been so helpful, and gone out of her way to help me. I have started Doxycycline as a preventative measure, along with hopefully being able to use my Curology a little less. Needless to say, I absolutely love everything about it. I have seen nothing but great reviews on them as well. This has been the best decision of my life. At this point, this sounds like a paid AD, but it's really not. I have been writing about my journey on my blog, and using my Instagram to speak on it too. <3

on 4/29/2017 10:24:00 AM

Seriously love this stuff! I first started by using the trial and let me tell you that really made a difference! Most acne brands/subscriptions you have to pay the full amount for from the beginning but Curology lets you trial it, for only the cost of shipping! I love how the medication is customizable and if something isn't working or you have a concern, you can always send a message to your provider! Definitely try it! You can use this link to get to the free month sample: https://curology.com/invite/PLLNPJR

I used this service when it was PocketDerm and strayed, thinking I know better and don't need to pay the subscription fee because I work in luxury beauty and therefore can just use whatever packaging is pretty and I receive as gratis. Nope. Enough. I'm relying strictly on the MD's from here on out.

It's a week before my wedding and I am in dire straits. My skin has been freaking out, angry cystic red pimples all over my chin and jawline and cheeks. I wanted to cry and felt so insecure. I tried everything, very little worked but cutting all my usual actives and switching to strictly CeraVe.

Within two days of messaging, Dr. Anna Ballard, my Curology dermatologist, put in an emergency order of spiro, doxy, and prednisone, which helped right away, and sent me a blend with clindamyacin, niacinamide, and zinc, which is also working very well.

I'm not trying to promote unrealistic expectations or a time frame here but the doctors really listen and care about your concerns and that to me is worth every penny of my monthly fee. I highly recommend giving it a shot.

I had always had pretty clear skin. I was "blessed" with no cystic acne, just whiteheads on my forehead and the usual period pimples. But last year, I started to have the worst pimples on my cheeks that even makeup couldn't cover.

So I turned to Curology in March 2016, with Emily Gruber, NP-C as my medical provider. I was very detailed in my description of my current skincare routine and I took tons of pictures. My first formula contained 4% niacinamide, 1% clindamycin, and 0.25% zinc pyrithione. She recommended that I stick to a very simple skincare routine (before Curology, I was using my Clarisonic almost daily). This combination of the simplicity of my skincare routine and Curology nightly did wonders for my skin. My forehead cleared up and I wasn't getting any pimples.

In June, before I was to receive my next shipment of Curology, I contacted Emily with updated photos. I also told her that I rarely ever get pimples anymore and that I just want to clear the hyperpigmentation. So she changed my formula to 8% azelaic acid, 1% clindamycin, and 0.25% zinc pyrthione. To be honest, I haven't been as faithful to using Curology every night, especially lately. But I never get pimples or whiteheads anymore and my skin is so soft so that in itself is a win!

I definitely recommend Curology, especially if you have nothing left to do to help your skin. And at $19 a month, that's not completely crazy.

on 10/6/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Love my Curology prescription! I'm on my third bottle and have noticed wonderful results. It takes a while to notice a difference, but I used to suffer from frequent breakouts on my nose and chin. I never get breakouts now and only have, at most, a tiny whitehead pop up maybe once a month. Such an amazing difference.
Only thing I hate is the packaging. It comes with a pump but sometimes it doesn't pump and I tried fixing it and ended up pushing some internal mechanism deep into the bottle. Wish it was simpler so I could fix it myself, but now I have to order a new one. So much wasted product :(
Anyhow, I highly recommend this product, just make sure you're honest with your online dermatologist if you aren't seeing the results you were expecting.

I love Curology! They have invented a genius product! It works! You only need to use it at night before bed!