Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline New York FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 8/11/2018 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is definitely my favourite drugstore foundation. It's a natural satin-matte finish and has medium to full coverage. I always pick it up when I see it on sale. My oily skin still shines through during the day with this, but nothing a little powder can't fix. For the price,you can't beat it.

on 8/6/2018 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

My face become oily after around 4 hours after application, around the nose and cheeks area, which is very normal. I love how this foundation does not crack around lips area (this happened with all of my foundation, I use beauty sponge for application. However this foundation does oxidize, 1 to 2 shades darker. The only problem with this foundation is the packaging, if only they put pump, I have no problem at all.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So impressed!!!!! Honestly this foundation makes me look pretttty close to airbrushed and for 6-8 bucks... how can you go wrong. It almostttt makes me look just as good as my beloved Armani luminous silk.. and that sucker is 62 bucks. I would just say it dosent last as long but the colour range is big, it gives good coverage and covers pores!! Which is always a win for me. It truly think it does what it says it will do. Keep your matte and cover the pores. Great job maybelline!!!! (Also love the fitme pressed powders)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

When I swatched this it matched my skin tone perfectly. I was thrilled because I live in a small town and there aren't many foundation options for very pale people. However it oxidises and becomes slightly darker after a while which isn't great. Buying this a shade lighter than you need is a good idea but I can't as I was using the lightest shade available.

I really like the matte finish, which goes on fairly well and didn't make me break out. I didn't find that it dried out my skin either. It layers up nicely to cover my acne, which I like a lot! In Germany this comes in a plastic tube rather than a glass bottle but it really needs a pump. It can be quite easy to squeeze too much out at a time.

It's disappointing that it oxidises like it does otherwise this would be a great foundation. I'm going back to Dream Satin Liquid.

on 8/1/2018 3:41:00 AM

drugstore in singapore was on sales,
so i scoop up this & the newly launched superstay 24HRs foundation from Maybelline as well.

1st impression when i apply -
1. very thin consistency, great for those who hate thick foundations
2. very natural finish, coverage was medium, buildable
3. i set the foundation with coty airspun & Benefit porefessional as my primer, lasted thru out the day when im at work, no need of blotting or anything.
4. it does cover up my pores as i have acne scars & large pores. (im combination dry skin, large pores)

Overall i would say that i found this foundation so-so, im not sure why everyone is raving about this, but i do love the fit me concealer though.

This foundation is really, really good. I think I am currently on my 5th bottle (and my skin has changed a fair amount between each buy, from oily to dry, from blemishes to none) and this product hasn't disappointed yet.

The pros are that the product really suits my skin tone (fair but warm - most foundations are too cool/pink for me), it has good coverage, blends well and stays all day. It also looks pretty natural on my skin. Reminds me a lot in its consistency and look/feel of Dior Forever Undercover, but for a fraction of the price.

Description wise, it is quite thin/watery when it comes out of the bottle, but this isn't a problem and just means that it sweeps onto my skin nicely and feels less cakey.

My best match summer shade was possibly on the slightly too orange side, but I really am picking up on the tiniest thing here and I think even then it looked great.

Overall fab foundation for an amazing price; couldn't really be happier. Apart from maybe if the bottle was prettier!

on 7/25/2018 9:06:00 PM

When i tried the dewy one, i didn’t like it because it exaggerated my dry spots, however this matte one is way better for me! it makes me skin look absolutely flawless and it lasts a really long time too! i just wish they would carry more yellow shades as i’m trying to match my fake tan and the shades oxidize to an orange colour and i have a yellow-olive skin tone.

I was looking for an inexpensive foundation for summer as I've gotten some sun and my usual Revlon ColorStay was too light. I need solid medium to full coverage and am recently 50. Revlon works well for me, but I didn't feel like spending $10 or more for a shade I'll use for a few months. I've tried Matte & Poreless before and I wasn't wowed by it. I also had a bottle of Loreal Lumi around that worked shade wise, but it's not a favorite. It gets greasy and wears off quickly on me. My adult daughter came to visit and swim, and somehow we got onto makeup. She wears Lancome but mentioned this Maybelline was her budget foundation. My 16 year old daughter chimed in that she loves that one as well. So on a trip to Walmart I decided to try it again. My teen helped pick the shade, and she did a great job. For less than $6, I had nothing to lose.

I use my HG moisturizer, the Neutrogena Hydro Gel daily. I love that one. I've never had an HG moisturizer before, but I do now. I lamented that the Maybelline didn't have a pump. I poured out a bit, applied with a damp RT blender and loved the coverage. I topped with my Coty AirSpun translucent powder, PF Butter Bronzer and a Milani baked blush. Even in 95+° heat this foundation held up solidly. I have NYX Dewey setting spray, and I also have a DIY with witch hazel and aloe, I don't remember which one I used. It set nicely. I wore it to work today and it lasted for the six hours I was in. I didn't feel greasy or like it was sliding all over my face. I was amazed. The coverage was great and I used less than I did over the weekend, so this does build nicely. My skin literally drank this in. I didn't use a highlight today and it still looked good.

I'm not looking for matte, just good coverage that wears longer than my workday. This exceeded my expectations. I don't know if it's been reformulated since the last time I tried it, but I can see why this is a fan favorite. I haven't decided if I'll keep using after summer and I'm back to my normal tone and shade, but I can't think of a reason not to. It's less expensive than my Revlon, and so far my skin really likes it. It didn't sink noticeably into my lines and wrinkles. My larger pores looked amazing. Even in my car in harsh July sunlight it looked good. But it's also a savings of about $50 a year over my Revlon. It's worth it. I've had high end foundations that didn't perform this well. This really is a gem.

I have tried AOT foundations and I keep coming back to this one. I wear shade 110. I am always the lightest foundation color it seems and this one is light enough for me. I don't find that it oxidizes. I have terrible and I do mean terrible skin. This one doesn't make me break out, doesn't break up on my chin or around my nose, and covers my redness. The only thing I wish is that it looked more like real skin and possibly offered a bit more coverage. But I think those two things aren't even things I have found with high end foundations! This one is great, especially for the price!

on 7/9/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have mine in the shade 228 soft tan. I have neutral undertone, olive skin. Altho 228 appear too yellow on me at first, after it oxidized, it matches me just fine. I was super happy to purchase just the right shade for me.

I really2 like this foundation. I have combination to oily skin. I have to say, altho it dries down matte, it's actually a semi-matte finish. It doesn't control oil as much as many thought it would be.

Tho, this really is a great foundation for oily skin.
I would usually apply rimmel stay matte primer beforehand and set it with rimmel stay matte powder/maybelline fit me pressed powder/coty airspun loose powder. And it stayed all day long.

This foundation is super easy to blend, gives your skin looking natural, medium coverage and not cakey whatsoever. It covers all the redness and evens out the skin tone.

You gotta try this with its fit me pressed powder. It goes really well together. The combo helps in reducing the visible of pores and keeps oil at bay much longer.
It dries matte fast but not immediately. So make sure you blend it all right after you apply to the face.

I can understand all the bad reviews this foundation is getting. Tho, it's not really this foundation's fault.

Here are few tips for you to overcome this foundation's cons:

- oxidize: choose 1-2 shades lighter. Swatch/test the foundation till it oxidized before you purchase.

- doesn't control oil: each and every foundation needed to be set with a good, mattifying powder. It doesn't matter if the foundation claims to be a matte finish. It still needed to be set with powder for it to stay all day long. Besides that, wear a good mattifying primer underneath the foundation.

- doesn't come with a pump: yeah, it is truly unfortunate. Tho if this bothers you so much, mac sells foundation pumps. I believe it will fit this foundation just fine.