Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

on 5/4/2018 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation is my ID/passport photo foundation, as it is cheap and 228 Soft Tan matches my undertones. It is a bit *light*, but still tolerable with some "warmth" added on top.

This foundation is not too thick, not thin, and imparts a build-able, medium coverage. I find that I don't need to set this foundation, but it doesn't get too powdery on my dehydrated skin.

The best part: this foundation does *not* oxidize on my skin--it stays olive all day. I am a Fenty 290, MAC C40, and finding a foundation that nails my olive skin is a feat.

on 4/26/2018 4:17:00 PM

I bought this product looking for a good foundation, I tested the colour in the store and chose the lightest in stock shade at the time which was 105. I went home and it was to dark for me I also didn’t find that it was poreless or anything. I just went on holiday and tanned and it’s a good colour for me but I wouldn’t repurchase

on 4/26/2018 2:58:00 PM

Bought this after I had heard really good things about this product but after only a couple of hours wear my skin was super oily and half my foundation had slid off. Does not last at all and oxidizes to an orange tone. really thin coverage when applying too and found difficult to build

I really wanted to like this foundation as I heard so many great reviews of it, but unfortunately I was really disappointed. It just doesn't last it all, the coverage is terrible and it wears off within an hour or so. Awful.

on 4/22/2018 12:50:00 PM

LOVE THIS! I used shades 110,115 and 120. Amazing coverage, cheap and it lasts so long. It does oxicidize thats why I tend to get the lighter shade.

on 4/18/2018 1:16:00 PM

Saw some good reviews and the price was right so thought I'd check it out. Tended to oxidize, slight orange tinge. Not particularly poreless and I was oily by noon. Will stick with my Revlon Colorstay.

So for reference, I have acne prone skin, I am pale and I have combination skin.
I only recently began using this foundation, in the shade 110 Porcelain. I was using the dewy and smooth version but in the shade ivory I think, and the undertone was just far too pink. This matte and poreless one has a yellow undertone which is great. I do think it can be drying, so I always prep my skin well with moisturizer and serum and a good primer. It wears nicely and doesn't get anywhere CLOSE to as oily as the dewy and smooth one. I'm wearing the matte and poreless one on my face right this second and have been for 8 hours and it looks pretty darn good. Definitely give this foundation a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I am oily, lighter olive, very break-out prone, with some hyperpigmentation. I can’t find a perfect shade unfortunately. I’ve tried 4 colors and the color is either too warm, too cool, or too pink.

This doesn’t cover my hyperpigmentation completely BUT I can do a full face of this stuff with my blender two times and it doesn’t look cakey and will cover everything. This is not full coverage at all it’s definitely medium coverage. It also claims to be matte but I would call it semi-matte. This formula doesn’t oxidize at all from my experience.

It stays put all day BUT I use a primer, setting powder and setting spray soo I really don’t know what it’s actual staying power is like. This doesn’t break up around oily areas which is awesome and it stays looking relatively good by the end of a 12 hour day. I HAVE experienced patchiness by the end of the day however.

Overall I think this is a good buy even just for a backup foundation. For the price it’s pretty awesome and there are very few things I would change if I had the chance.

Stay away from this foundation if you have breakout prone skin. I should have read the ingredients list before purchasing, but I was too excited to see that shade 110 might be a potential “dupe” for Nars SG Siberia (which also breaks me out, sigh).
This foundation indeed creates silky smooth canvas and shade range is impressive (for a drugstore brand), also pretty long wearing on my normal/combo skin.
But it “sits” on my skin in an uncomfortable way- feels almost like I just put on face mask. I prefer something more breathable. It makes a good “special occasion” foundation for events and such but I wouldn’t wear it every day. The finish is similar to Catrice’s HD foundation (which breaks me out like nothing else). Very flawless but heavy, even though I applied it with sponge. Coverage: medium to full.

Just as I mentioned, after few uses, it caused a major breakout (painful “cystic” pimples and closed comedones all over my face). So I’ve read the ingredients list and instantly knew why: it contains denaturated alcohol, very high on the list. My skin hates it- I know that now.

on 4/5/2018 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I live in Trinidad and I recently bought my second bottle of Fit Me Poreless and it is very watery. Runs out of the bottle very fast. Very disappointed, I need help