Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

3.6

on 1/20/2018 9:21:00 PM

Just tried a sample .Will most DEFINITELY purchase! It LASTS ALL DAY- KEPT its fragrance! Not a lot of expensive perfumes do this & I've purchased some expensive perfumes. I was looking for something new. To be honest, I'm still looking, but THIS is on my "going to buy" list! Love it! (P.S.-dont care about price b/c you sometimes get what you pay for, & dont know about packaging, as I just tried a sample) I only gave 3 on each, but it wasnt fair since I havent purchased as of yet, but fully intend to.I truly love this perfume!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Yes. Yes. Yes. So, first of all, my all time favourite, my one and only, the perfume that screams my name is Alien. I love jasmine and vanilla and I look for them in perfumes. With me, my perfume is either light, clean, fresh (see DKNY Be Delicious, Body Shop White Musk), or seductive, sexy, notice me smell. Alien is definitely heavier than this.
Black Opium comes in a gorgeous bottle. Black, glittery, heavy, with pink in the middle. I just thought that Black Opium's colours are black and pink because on one hand it is a grown up, sexy, daring perfume, but on the other hand, it has flowers and it does smell floral lightly so there is a more girly side beneath the woman who wears it. Also, how gorgeous is the commercial, and the song?
Once you spray it on, you get coffee a lot with a hint of jasmine. As it absorbs into skin, it gives a warm, vanilla and jasmine smell but sexier. This is the perfume that would make a man get closer to you. With the edp you need a little amount which lasts all day. With my skin chemistry it agrees strongly.
Give this a try when you come accross it!

on 1/1/2018 1:10:00 AM

Blind buy cuz I read the notes and I wanted to smell like coffee.. lol. It smells really good, like Alien layered w/a vanilla perfume. I got a purse spray and wish I had gotten the full size bottle. I don’t smell like a Frappuccino but it’s alright lol. It doesn’t trigger my migraines so I’m happy

on 12/31/2017 12:52:00 AM

A fairly generic fruity floral. Nothing special about this one at all. As others have said, this one reminds me of several mediocre celebrity perfumes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this perfume for Christmas 2016 because I love Edie Campbell in the advert! I'm so glad I got this because it smells Amazing!! The smell lasts such a long time too! Probably longer than any of my other perfumes. It is the EDP though and not the EDT, so it is more concentrated. It's not the cheapest fragrance so I save it for very special occasions and nights out

All time favourite scent - not as dainty as typical florals.Smells sweet but not in a sickly way. Lasts on the skin a long time and is not too overpowering.
The only drawback is the price tag.

on 10/30/2017 6:21:00 PM

The top notes are great, but after wearing it for awhile I noticed the undertone of something I found unpleasant.

Smells like Britney Spears In Control. It's fine. Kind of a sweet floriental. It does not smell like the original Opium. I don't smell coffee, or pastries or a snowy afternoon in a cafe or anything. I do smell syrupy, burnt caramel, gloppy nude lip gloss, extra mascara, bad dance moves, big earrings, last call and throbbing hangovers (must be my personal connection with In Control, lol). The black glittery bottle is SO tacky, but it fits the fragrance. This is party girl juice. The scent has good lasting power. Bought it for the memories and the present coziness. Will be a good fall scent, but I don't foresee a long term relationship with this lady. We shall see. I tend towards the garish. Overall I think I like it.

on 5/2/2017 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I was really disappointed with this fragrance. I love spicy and woodsy scents and I'm a big fan of Christian Dior Addict and Calvin Klein Euphoria. Both which I've gotten compliments on as they are really great long lasting fragrances. This one disappeared as soon as I applied it. No matter when or how I applied it lasted only long enough for one whiff. (two lippies off) Smells great but I wouldn't buy this again. Also the bottle made it tricky to spray and it kind of leaked. Not what I want to happen when I purchase a $90 bottle.

on 4/3/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoy wearing Black Opium. It smells delicious, yet slightly mysterious. This is perfect for fans of Hypnotic Poison and La Vie Est Belle (ME). It doesn't smell like either of them, but, as a fragrance it embodies the same idea of elegant sweetness. It reminds me of chocolate, and coffee, and orange blossoms...some of my very favorite things in life! For some reason this perfume generates a lot of negativity among fragrance reviewers. Personally, I don't care that it's not a "masterpiece", because I couldn't afford it if it was. And I don't mind that it doesn't smell like the original Opium. In my experience, the original Opium repels those around me more effectively than Roach Killer. My husband, kids, friends, and random strangers all compliment Black Opium, year-round. I guess it just works with my chemistry. I recently purchased Black Opium Floral Shock and I'm loving it, as well, especially as the weather heats up.

Popular Fragrances