BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Moonstone

4.5

Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isostearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina/ Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Tetrasodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7749

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Perfect highlighter. I haven't tried very many but I know that this is a good one. I stole it from my mom but I'm pretty sure it's too expensive. I like that it is not a harsh white. The packaging is not very pretty or exciting, but whatever. When I run out I don't think I'll get this exact same one because I want to try more highlighters, but one day I could go back to this highlighter knowing it's a good one.

on 4/13/2017 10:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This highlighter is freaking gorgeous. It's the first highlighter I've used and it immediately became HG status. I went from "I don't really get the point of highlighters" to "I LOVE HIGHLIGHTING"

Moonstone is a light yellow/gold color that really suits my fair skin with yellow undertones. I've used the "Pearl" shade too but I prefer this. It gives a really natural highlight and can be built up if a more intense highlight is wanted. It lasts ALL day and doesn't settle into my pores. Just a really gorgeous highlighter.

I was afraid that since it's a powder it wouldn't last very well but it's been excellent.

Pros
Gorgeous color
Lasts all day
Looks natural
Doesn't irritate my skin or make it break out
Doesn't settle into lines
Can be built up

Cons
It's pricy but whatever. I couldn't think of any other possible cons. It's really worth the price to me.

I've been using this for 3 months and will update my review if my opinion changes.

on 3/1/2017 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The most instense highlight I own. I've almost hit pan after 2 years, it's the highlighter I use almost daily.

on 2/26/2017 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This stuff is just sooooo good. Im using this everyday just a little swipe on top of my cheek and im good to go. Doesnt make me look oily or anything just simply glowing (I have very oily skin and is super sensitive) This doesn't broke me out either. Love it! will definitely repurchase.

on 1/9/2017 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

If you're undecided on shelling out $50 CAD for a highlighter..... I'd say splurge! I got this during a VIB sale at Sephora a year ago & still have a TON left. It's very pigmented & you only need a little; I use sparingly on the high points on my face. I have very oily skin & use a lot of matte products, so need a highlighter to bring dimension to my face. I do a light sweep on my cheeks for a subtle glow. But layer it on my brow bone & inner eye for more contrast.

I got the shade Moonstone, which is described as a pale gold. It looks gorge on my warm NC30 skin. The gold color compliments my skin tone and looks natural. But when the light hits, you see this "silver" reflection from the pale gold color & it's stunning! No glittery sparkles but a shimmering glow. It's buttery smooth & very buildable because it's so finely milled.

With all that said.... I wouldn't repurchase because it's too expensive PLUS I use it so sparingly I could get away with a simple drugstore highlighter. BUT this was a fun splurge & it's a really great product!

on 12/15/2016 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is by far my favourite highlighter of all time, I even like it better than champagne pop. Shocker, I know.

It is so so soft and buttery - almost doesn't even feel like powder. Its not chunky or glittery, the shimmer is beautiful and the colour is perfect for my skin tone.

I'm absolutely in love and obsessed with this. I would repurchase it in a heartbeat, I'd even keep backups.

on 11/10/2016 5:43:00 PM

I love this highlighter! It's soft, smooth, and applies like a dream. On me it does not accentuate lines or pores. I love the shade itself it goes very well with my skintone. For reference NW20,NARS Monte Blanc, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones. On me it looks so nice I also own Pearl and Opal. I have 2 of the liquids as well so I really like these highlighters. They are soft and delicate but they apply so well and it looks fantastic on the skin. Also it's a great shade for my fellow pale ladies. Love. Recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Call me crazy, not a fan. I returned this. This is a yellow based highlighter. I should know by now that I will never go for yellow. I like gold, I don't like yellow. I dislike the packaging. It is solid/heavy, which I like. But the back is rubbery and easily gets dirty and I don't find it attractive. The new gold/silver and rose/silver packaging is quite beautiful, but not this. The powder itself is very soft and easily damaged. When I apply it, I feel like powder is flying everywhere as it's so loosely pressed. Worst, it doesn't show up on my face. It's like my face eats this stuff. I don't know where it goes!
I'm going to try Kat Von D Thunderstruck eyeshadow for a gold highlight and see how that goes. And every time I think I might regret returning this, I use MAC nylon eyeshadow as a highlight.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm not sure what I can say about these highlighters that hasn't been said, so I'm not going to beat a dead horse. Let me just say- I had my sincere doubts about shelling out over $40 with tax on a single highlighter. Not a foundation, or a palette, but a highlighter. Regardless of how much disposable income you're packing, that's a lot to plunk down for a single makeup item.

But hey.. okay.. wow. This highlighter pretty much had me at hello. GORGEOUS golden champagne color payoff with mega shimmer that somehow doesn't emphasize pores or look like a tacky metallic disco ball. A single tap in the pan gives you instant cheekbones- believe me when I say, a dab will do ya, and this will last me a long, long time.

So, moral of the story: Some beauty products aren't worth the hype, or the money. This is one of those rare occasions where instead of kicking myself for spending too much on makeup, I am wondering what I was doing with myself before this came along. If you are on the fence, I can promise you that this is worth every penny and then some!

Absolutely gorgeous. One of my HG powder highlights. It gives a nice glow, has a bit of glitter, but nothing super chunky or unnatural. It gives a natural healthy sheen. The formula is good, and the powder is finely milled.