Shiseido Ultimune

Shiseido  Ultimune

3.1

Water, Sd Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg/Ppg-17/4 Dimethyl Ether, Triethylhexanoin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-14m, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peg/Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Disodium Edta, Potassium Hydroxide, Silica, Isoceteth-10, Linalool, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract (Ginkgo Biloba), Geraniol, Citronellol, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Bht, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Sodium Bicarbonate.

I suppose I am the target market for this, but I don't get it at all. I used it under my other moisturizers and serums, before going to bed, when I woke up, etc. etc. and it did nothing but dry my skin out. I don't think anything worked better and my skin felt like the desert. I'm going to go back to my tried and true Hada Labo for less than $20 vs. over $60.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I could not figure out what was giving me tiny whiteheads, and it turned out to be this!! I don't usually put alcohol on my face but I can't resist a sample.

on 2/16/2017 11:11:00 AM

I've been using this product over 2 years. The texture is light, the skin soaks up very fast and creates a good base for makeup. My skin looked very nice, smooth, hydrated and plump. However the result showed only when I used the product and my skin went back to its 'normal' almost immediately (in 2-3 days) whenever I stopped using it. It is too expensive to continue using it in belief of a long term benefit.
I also removed a lippie from the packaging. It looks great and easy to use but adds an unnecessary expense to the already pricey product.

I have mixed feelings about this.

Cut it short, it's to be applied before skincare products to enhance absorption and boost skin's natural immune. It's never suppose to be moisturising or deliver immediate result because, how do you judge whether it improve skin's immune base on short term usage?

Pros:
- does make absorption easier (due to alcohol)
- packaging is REAL pretty

Cons:
- still alcohol (Stay away from this if you're allergic)
- not moisturising
- no visible improvement on overall complexion (1/3 used)

However, Shiseido claim that they research on this for 20 years and their products are always better than average so I'm hoping to see good results in the long term.

on 1/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

I have a very sensitive and combination skin. Slight rashes came out but it din stop me for using as it control my oily skin well. However after few days of persistent usage, my pore gets visible meaning it dry my skin 😢 I have 1 unused bottle dun know if they can exchange with another product. Regretted in buying it.

on 10/27/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This serum really works - but it isn't great for underneath makeup.

Pros: Very lightweight and doesn't clog pores (I'm oily-combination). It doesn't overpower skin and did not cause any breakouts (I'm super acne prone). I've been using it at night and on my 'no makeup' days and my skin seems brighter, smoother and softer to touch. I also feel that it helped heal a few pimples. It just makes my skin feel well looked after and thankful for it. The packaging is great too - love the pump.

Cons: it's pricey. It alsoleaves a slight residue which is a bit sticky and doesn't disappear no matter how long you wait. My moisturiser went on really smoothly, but my makeup just balled up, which never happened to me before. Not a cute look. For this reason I've been using this only at night & on my no makeup days.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I don’t know whom this serum is targeted to because I honestly cannot properly identify its functions or age group.
As much as I like Shiseido products (many items work wonders on my skin, I love their Bio Performance line, I adore the foundations & other makeup items) I really cannot understand Ultimune.
It is a runny , transparent serum that come is a magnificent red designer’s bottle (the wow effect stops at the bottle).
The serum is runny and is almost pure alcohol. I have combo skin and when I put this one on, I can really see my cheek skin getting tight and dehydrated : I can see lines forming!!!.
But nothing else as per hydration properties or smoothing effect.
I think it could work for very oily skin, because alcohol makes the trick, but then a younger audience would never pay the very steep price for this one ( the 30 ml bottle retails in Europe for 80 Euros approx).
I had several samples, that I tried to use up, now I got a 10 ml bottle in a set that I am trying to use but no way, my skin does not agree with it.
I would never buy this serum, and I see really few people that can truly benefit from it.
If you need a really good serum, for ALL skin types that really performs, go for Advanced night Repair, the gold standard for serums.

on 10/17/2016 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

To be honest, I'm not even sure what role this product is supposed to fill in the skincare routine. I guess it's closest to a serum, but it doesn't seem to have enough of an impact to actually be considered one. After using up my deluxe sample, I do feel like my skin is better - i.e., smoother and with less blemishes than usual, but at the same time, I could achieve the same results with products that are far, far cheaper.

And like others have mentioned, the alcohol will be problematic for some people.

Because personally I did experience at least an inkling of something good with this product, I won't rate it low. It just isn't a miracle worker by any means, however.

on 10/12/2016 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Tried this 'serum' out for awhile, twice a day as recommended and I can honestly say it did nothing for my skin -maybe felt a general softness, but my skin is already soft. There is a strong tone of alcohol in the product scent. As the serum dries on the skin I felt a tightening sensation (relieved once I applied moisturizer), I know that serums shouldn't feel that way, hence the alcohol component. Not repurchasing because it's too expensive for not having much performance. There are certainly better products out there

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Because it contains alcohol I won't recommend it. It does make the skin feel good like a very smooth primer. It might 'energize' skin by the tingling effect in reaction to the alcohol and possibly some other ingredients? I was already quite happy with my skincare but this did seem to help a couple of pimples die down. it doesn't do much of anything else for me so I'm giving it an ambivalent rating.