SHISEIDO Ultimune

Wat

on 5/3/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I received a sample size of this product from Sephora, and I still haven't been able to figure out what it's supposed to do or what type of skin it targets. Stinks because I normally love Shiseido products.

Anyway, this product has a ton of alcohol and makes my face temporarily dry and slightly sticky after application. It hasn't broken me out, but I have yet to see any skin improvements after weeks of diligent use. Consistency is somewhat runny and there is a mild fragrance. "Power Infusing Concentrate" sounds exciting, but my skin is sadly no more powerful than it was before I added this into my routine.

I fail to see a point for this product. Pass.

on 4/17/2017 10:40:00 PM

I purchased this product because I have finished my one month treatment with La Prairie cellular power infusion. I decided to try this one out because I used to use whole range of Shiseido back then. Their products are amazing but such a shame they didn't work on me anymore.

So what is this product basically? This product works in similar way with la prairie cellular power infusion. But the difference is that Shiseido never advertised it as some sort of "stem cells". Your skin cells just like your body has defense mechanism. This defense mechanism is to defend the skin cells from water pollution, air pollution and all other natural aggressor that will make your skin aging prematurely. This product feeds energy or power into the skin cells to make them stronger and more resilient towards those natural aggressors.

The packaging is a sleek glass bottle with pump. Despite the red color it is actually a see through bottle and you can see when your product is running out. I apply this every morning and night. 3 pumps are enough for the whole face as well as neck. The best way to apply this is by patting motion with a light pressure to make sure that the product is really going in into your skin rather than sits on top of your skin. The texture is more liquid-y than usual serums. Since this is more of a concentrate rather than a serum I layer my usual serum on top of this product. Again with this kind of product, you can't really see the difference. The reason I gave it a thumb up, because after 3 weeks of using it the breakouts around my neck subsides by a lot and there is no more breakout and I felt the healing process around my neck is faster. I don't recommend to use this product as a stand alone serum. I felt that it is not hydrating enough.

on 4/2/2017 3:37:00 AM

This moisturizes immediately after moisturizing, as it is absorbed fully into the skin. However, this effect does not last for long, and my skin becomes drier (or back to pre-application) within a few hours.
I've used two bottles of this product and have noticed no long-term difference. Will not repurchase.

on 3/21/2017 9:45:00 AM

I have been using this for a month . I bought it because the Shiseido SA said it was a bestseller and an Allure magazine pick .
I use 2 pumps before moisturizer and after toner.
The serum is is slick upon application - almost silicone in feel before it is absorbed.
No skin reactions or anything negative .

Do I see any difference in my face ? Not really. Nothing major. One month in with applications twice a day and nothing to write home about.
I would rather use retinol on my face than buy this again.
A little disappointing after the hype.

I suppose I am the target market for this, but I don't get it at all. I used it under my other moisturizers and serums, before going to bed, when I woke up, etc. etc. and it did nothing but dry my skin out. I don't think anything worked better and my skin felt like the desert. I'm going to go back to my tried and true Hada Labo for less than $20 vs. over $60.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I could not figure out what was giving me tiny whiteheads, and it turned out to be this!! I don't usually put alcohol on my face but I can't resist a sample.

on 2/16/2017 11:11:00 AM

I've been using this product over 2 years. The texture is light, the skin soaks up very fast and creates a good base for makeup. My skin looked very nice, smooth, hydrated and plump. However the result showed only when I used the product and my skin went back to its 'normal' almost immediately (in 2-3 days) whenever I stopped using it. It is too expensive to continue using it in belief of a long term benefit.
I also removed a lippie from the packaging. It looks great and easy to use but adds an unnecessary expense to the already pricey product.

I have mixed feelings about this.

Cut it short, it's to be applied before skincare products to enhance absorption and boost skin's natural immune. It's never suppose to be moisturising or deliver immediate result because, how do you judge whether it improve skin's immune base on short term usage?

Pros:
- does make absorption easier (due to alcohol)
- packaging is REAL pretty

Cons:
- still alcohol (Stay away from this if you're allergic)
- not moisturising
- no visible improvement on overall complexion (1/3 used)

However, Shiseido claim that they research on this for 20 years and their products are always better than average so I'm hoping to see good results in the long term.

on 1/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

I have a very sensitive and combination skin. Slight rashes came out but it din stop me for using as it control my oily skin well. However after few days of persistent usage, my pore gets visible meaning it dry my skin 😢 I have 1 unused bottle dun know if they can exchange with another product. Regretted in buying it.

on 10/27/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This serum really works - but it isn't great for underneath makeup.

Pros: Very lightweight and doesn't clog pores (I'm oily-combination). It doesn't overpower skin and did not cause any breakouts (I'm super acne prone). I've been using it at night and on my 'no makeup' days and my skin seems brighter, smoother and softer to touch. I also feel that it helped heal a few pimples. It just makes my skin feel well looked after and thankful for it. The packaging is great too - love the pump.

Cons: it's pricey. It alsoleaves a slight residue which is a bit sticky and doesn't disappear no matter how long you wait. My moisturiser went on really smoothly, but my makeup just balled up, which never happened to me before. Not a cute look. For this reason I've been using this only at night & on my no makeup days.