LORAC Pro Palette 2

LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.6

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

on 1/31/2016 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I saw a lot of rave reviews on this and the swatches online looked REALLY good and the color selection looked very interesting so I finally decided to get it, thinking that I couldn't possibly go wrong with it
It is true that the pigmentation of these shadows is off the charts but other than that I don;t think they are executed well at all. The dark colors are really difficult to handle. They all have a ton of fallout. The shimmers have this strange formulation where when you swatch them, the base color and the shimmer particles separate easily. The mattes when put on the lid look chalky and emphasize lines and look dry and chalky and not smooth and velvety.
Anyway I saw a video where they used the shadows wet as a liner so I will try that so I can get some use out of these but otherwise I am very disappointed in this palette

on 1/13/2016 12:04:00 AM

I haven't run into any bad eyeshadows with Lorac thus far. Pro palette 2 is just as amazing as the pro palette 1, this time with more cool toned colors. Again, pro palette 2 has shimmer and matte shades. The pigmentation is amazeballs, don't believe me? Go to your nearest Ulta or Kohl's and swatch them!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the Lorac Cosmetics PRO Palette 2 ($42) & it's basically the only shadow one I'm using right now since it has sixteen shades—eight matte & eight shimmery that are actually wearable during the day or nite all in one palette. It has a lot of shades that I actually will wear, too, which is great since one of my pet peeves is a shadow palette that has a handful of shades that I just don't wear. This has eight natural/neutral shades & eight somewhat dark shades I can wear to make an autumn or winter look, or a smoky eye. Top row (matte): Buff, Lt. Brown, Cool Gray, Nectar, Plum, Navy, Charcoal, & Black. Bottom row (shimmer): Snow, Beige, Rosé, Mocha, Chrome, Silver, Jade, & Cocoa. I have a like for all the shades, but my favorites or the ones I wear most often: Lt. Brown, Cool Gray, Plum, Charcoal, & Black.

My favorite thing about this palette is how pigmented & true to color the shades actually are! In addition to being a smooth shadow, each of these are pigmented… even if they're dry. (I don't like using shadow wet.) I love the black; it's so intense & true to color that it can actually be used as a shadow & an eyeliner. Although this is kind of pricey, but because of the quality of the palette, I recommend it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A super versatile pallette because it goes from the lightest shades to the darkest so you can make it work for any occaision, definitely my go to!

Had been wanting one of the Lorac Pro Palettes and got this one for Christmas last year, so I'm writing this a year later...

This is my favorite eyeshadow palette, hands down. I have used many.
The color selection and split design between matte and shimmer shades allow for creativity but are also very wearable for everyday. The formula and texture of the eyeshadows are perfection. Super smooth and silky, and incredibly pigmented. I've used this every day for a year, and have yet to really hit pan on any of the shades. The palette itself is also sleekly packaged, keeping the shadows safe with a nicely sized mirror and less bulk packaging.

PROS:
-Extreme Pigmentation
-Longwear
-Very Blendable
-Matter AND shimmer shadows
-Convenient packaging

CONS:
-A little pricey (well worth it in my opinion)

Love this so much. Buttery, very blendable shadows in colors that are perfect for pale skin! I adore it. It's great for a range of looks. It stays on extremely well with a primer underneath. No complaints.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Lorac eyeshadows are the best. Highly pigmented, easy to blend, they live up to the hype.

I keep hearing/reading people refer to this as the "cool" palette - WRONG. The bulk of this palette contains warm tones, with the rest more neutral/cool. Even the traditionally cool colors like gray have a very warm undertone in this palette. Many of the shades have a yellow undertone.

For me, this palette was a miss. Although the quality of the shadows is exceptional, the colors were a bit of a miss for me. I have very cool toned skin, and many of these shades were much too warm for me. The Nectar/Rose/Mocha colors are stunning in the pan, but looked odd on me - sadly they just pulled very yellow.

I gave the palette to my little sister, who has warm toned skin. Stunning - the colors are fantastic on her.
I still give it a 5 star - only because it is now HG palette for my sister.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've recently bought a shed-load of new makeup and had told myself I was going to "scale back". HA - whom am I trying to fool? LORAC is no longer available in Canada but the fella and I went cross border shopping last weekend and I just had to get this palette. It has been on my radar for quite some time and I wasn't really sure whether to get the first palette or this one til I saw them both in-store, and then the decision was easy when I saw them side by side. Compared to the first Pro palette, this one has more cool toned neutrals though it is still well-balanced - neither too cool nor too warm.

Despite having just bought the new Kat von D Shade+Light palette, which I thought would be a perfect travel palette, Pro2 has already eclipsed that. For starters, it has a LOT of eyeshadows - SIXTEEN to choose from. The variety of finishes (mattes and shimmer) is right up my alley - I love some shimmer in almost any eye look and it's the one criticism I have of the KvD palette (and I realize that it was meant to be an all matte palette but I still miss a bit of shimmer). And I love that there is a bit of colour in this palette, in the form of the Navy and Plum shades and that really does make this perfect for travelling - you honestly do not need to take a single other eyeshadow and as much as I love my Naked palettes, that isn't something I can say about them. The packaging on the LORAC palette, while cardboard, is thin and sleek. No room for a brush or pencil (it would be nice) but it's not a deal breaker.

I find the texture of these shadows to be excellent - they apply smoothly and blend nicely and the finish is flattering even on these old eyelids. I use Snow, a bright, frosted white, on the inner corners and at first, it is rather shockingly white AND shiny but a gentle flick of the brush and it blends so that what is left is just a brightening bit of lightness. I very much like the shadow primer that came with this in a small sample size as it too is perfect for travel. And I also have to say that I love the fact that LORAC shadows have such practical names - Navy, Light Brown, Charcoal, etc. Names like "Chinois" or "Ursa Major" or "Samael" may sound interesting but they sure don't tell you what the heck the colour is, so YAY for names that are down to earth for a change!

I'd drive across the border again to replace this beauty!

on 8/8/2015 11:15:00 AM

I am a huge fan of the Naked Palettes, but I have barely reached for them since buying this. It is my favorite travel palette because you can get such a wide variety of use. It has mattes that look very different on the eye, warm and cool tones, and even some jewel tones. Ironically, this is known as the cooler pro palette, but my favorite look actually incorporates the warmer colors. Buff all over into the brow, rose on the moveable lid, nectar in the crease, mocha on the outer lid, and cocoa to line softly. The cooler colors are also wearable to me, even silver which is a color that tends to be too stark on me. Snow is my least used color, but I expected that going in.

It also blends like a dream. I am usually scared of darker colors in my crease because I have very small lid space and it can look awful on me but the shadows here take literally a few swipes of a brush to blend. It can be easy to overblend so watch out for that. There is a bit of fallout but it wipes away easily. The shimmery coolers are more on the shimmer/metallic side than the glitter side, which I like because it it is more appropriate for work. The packaging is slim which I like. I have not travelled on a plane with it yet, but hopefully the packaging can withstand it.

Anyway, this palette is amazing. Bottom line, I have barely touched my extensive collection since purchasing. It is just so wearable and versatile. I am on a nobuy at the moment, but I plan to get the Pro Palette when I am done. LORAC has converted me.

I have this palette and I think it's got such a gorgeous array of colours! I usually go for the neutral browns and taupes for basic smokey eyes, but I'm really digging the warmer, more playful colours. I often use Nectar and Plum, and the highlighter shades remind me of Maryloumanizer by thebalm. I think it's definitely worth a buy, and the packaging is super sleek and cute imo.