TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette
TheBalm How Bout Them Apples palette

4.6

on 2/20/2016 4:59:00 PM

For me, this has been a wonderful palette....love it for days when I want to slap on a BB cream, add some blush, and quick lip....just so I look somewhat put together. I have used almost every shade, and absolutely how easy it is to blend on cheeks.

on 1/19/2016 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been eyeing this for a while, and my mother decided to buy me it for Christmas. Huzzah!

I'm a huge fan of cream blushes, and these are definitely nice ones. All the colors are pigmented but very blendable, so you only need a touch on both cheeks for the full color payoff. If it's too pigmented, I usually powder on top to cover it a bit. My favorite shade is Cider, as it suits my complexion beautifully, though Crisp is pretty, too. It adds a very subtle shimmer to my cheeks.

Personally, I use these more as lip colors. This is where they fall a little short; they are VERY DRYING on the lips. That is easily solved with a lip primer, though, so it isn't terrible. Because they're also blendable, you can easily stick to a very sheer lip look, or build it up for a bold look. Caramel is my favorite for an every day lipstick, it's very subtle.

Will definitely repurchase again, though there's so much product that I won't run out for a while.

For a fan of cream blushes like me this palette is love at first sight! The price is pretty high but I don't regret this expense at all, the palette is so much fun to use with the cute design, the blushes are very easy to apply and the colours are very fresh and pretty, they make me look young and radiant. I think I will use at least five of the six shades, the brighter coral-pink shades as blushes and the darker reds on the lips...so this is worth the money.

on 1/2/2016 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Cute as can be packaging! I love the name, the packaging, the colors, and the product. I follow a lot of beauty blogs and The Balm cosmetics usually falls beneath the radar in favor of MAC or Kat Von D and other mid priced brands, and it shouldn't as the products are fantastic! So, I actually saw this used on You Tuber Amy Lynn Thompson's channel when she did a Get Ready With Me look one day. She is fair skinned like me so I took note when she used this beautiful cheek/lip palette. It had been on my wish list for a long time, so for Christmas this year, I finally fulfilled this wish and picked this up from The Balm cosmetics website. This retails for $32 and it comes with 6 cream cheek/lip colors. They actually work well as lip colors too! I was really expecting powder shades and was not sure what to think when I got this and it was cremes. I rarely use creams and so I am just not as experienced with them. The amount of product you get is decent and I wasn't disappointed with this at all. The pans are adorable apple shapes and there are 6 lovely shades in here and then the shirtless cowboys inside are droolworthy too. Look at those abs! No, I mean look at how pretty those cheek colors are... yeah, that is what I meant. The shades are great for my lighter skin, but there are some vibrant darker colors in there too like Cobbler. I used that as a lip color and it's very pretty and well pigmented. The colors apply easily and go on smoothly and don't streak or leave a sticky residue. I've just been using my fingers and the warmth of my hands to pat this into my skin. I don't know how well they would work with a sponge applicator or brush. With fingertips, they blend well and feel silky and creamy and once you get them on they dry and feel like regular blush. You can't tell they are creams once they are applied. I wasn't sure I was going to like this since it isn't powders, but now that I have been using it everyday for almost 2 weeks, I am really happy with this purchase and really enjoy this palette. I love that it does double duty with the lips and cheeks. It works well for the lips too. I've applied it with my fingers and a lip brush, either way it works great. I love pulling out this fun packaging and I enjoy using the product and most of all, it looks great on me and enhances my beauty so it's a win!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like these cream blushes, but to be honest I only use about two or three of them, and I haven't even used those in a long time. Caramel is to die for though, and so is Cider and Candy. The rest aren't used, but I would recommend this if you adore cream blush. It is worth the money even though I wouldn't rebuy it.

on 7/3/2015 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Can't say enough about this palette. This gives me all the colors I need, and blends very well on my skin. It's not at all sticky. I actually put some on my finger and was surprised how slick it was. Dries fast, but doesn't turn chalky or powdery, you just don't feel oily. I would be really p****d off if I couldn't buy this anymore. I use every color in the palette. One of them (I think it's Pie or Cobbler) has some shimmer, but not to much. Enough to give a certain sheen effect.

on 4/25/2015 2:23:00 PM

6 blushes, for less than $10 a pop, I think that's quite worth it. I had to purge all my old cream blushes from MAC that were too sticky to feel comfortable on the cheeks.

The colours are all wearable on my skintone, although I am NC10, I do not find the bright colours too crazy, and I usually wear these UNDER my face makeup (as I wear sheer foundation and do not usually powder.) It is a lovely flush and the packaging design is cute.

I also love that The Balm is cruelty free.

Only thing I'm a little iffy on is the cardboard as it will not stand up as well as plastic/tin/metal in the end, however I am not planning on bringing this around so it'll stay in my makeup collection/vanity.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried this on both my very oily skin and after adding Epiduo to my skincare routine my very dry skin as blush and the colors never showed up or lasted. As a lip product though they are absolutely gorgeous. They are not the best when applied to straight lips but I love to use Crisp (a medium warm toned pink with fine gold shimmer) over a Rimmel Lip Liner and the color is just fabulous and I assume the other colors will look perfect once I have the correct lip liner to pair it with. This is expensive but is compact enough to travel with & with 6 different colors this is a cute, variety addition to add to my collection.

on 2/8/2015 7:30:00 PM

Love this palette for my cheeks and use it daily! Even if paying the full price ($32 at Kohl's, I got it for $22 using $10 Kohl's cash toward it), I feel it is still worth it because of the amount and variety of product you get, not to mention the quality.

I am able to wear all but two of the shades (cider-too pale for my skin color, and crisp-too much sparkle for my mature skin). They are very pigmented and find that I have to use a light hand when applying ---I lightly dab my elf small-stipple brush into product and gently stipple the color on cheek where I want it placed then blend using light circular motions. The color applies evenly and looks very natural on my cheeks. They also have good wear time---much longer than any of my powder blushes.

I love the packaging--very hard cardboard with magnetic closure and super-fun illustrations that put a smile on my face every morning when using it. Inside the top cover is an extra large mirror.

I have not even tried this palette on my lips so have absolutely no comments about this product in that regard, but as cream blushes....two huge thumbs up!

on 4/25/2015 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this because the color lasts and all of the colors look good on.I like having a variety of blush colors. As long as they look good on I like to pair my lipstick and my blush- not super matchy matchy but complimentary. As a result I have a lot of blushes. These work as well for me a Bobbie Brown cream blushes and I have a wide assortment of good colors for not a lot of money.