Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. [+/- (All Shades May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Spent hours researching the product and subsequently, which shade would best suit me. Went shopping recently for foundation which proved nightmarish because of my wretched skin tone. My cheeks are riddled with pigmentation and the skin tone is relatively darker than my jawline. Hence the challenge was to find a colour that can suit both tones without looking like a kabuki performer or ridiculously overtanned. Managed to find it in Clinique. Then came the setting/finishing powder. Wasn't too crazy about Clinique's blended loose powder and settled on the fave reviews of this product.

Reviews of this product 's texture is mostly true. Finely milled powder makes for a beautiful finishing. Shade selection proved more challenging. The middle 3 shades of med light, med and med dark were too close to make an online selection for a 1st purchase. According to Urban Decay's website, I suited their Medium Light shade. However it looked too yellow for my liking, and I'm glad I took the trouble and pain to visit their counter in person. Medium was more suitable according to the consultant despite the fact that she paired me with their Naked foundation in 3.5. She was right and I am glad because the website's suggestion (Medium Light) was indeed too light. Go figure! Please ladies, take the trouble (if you can) to visit the counter in person when it comes to colour selection in face makeup. Nothing bothers me more when I have to arrange for an online refund. I really hope this helps. Good luck ladies!

on 9/9/2015 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this powder. It provides a soft focus finish and blends seamlessly into my foundation. I'm allergic to talc and this powder is talc free. It's absolutely undetectable but gives me a nice matte finish that lasts for hours. I use it as a setting powder for my foundation and cream blush and it tamps down the shine without looking heavy or cakey. It's incredibly lightweight and yet it works as well as heavier setting powders without an overly powdered finish. My only complaint is that there is very little product in the package. I try to conserve it by mixing it with the ELF HD powder on days when I'm just doing errands or nothing particularly important. However, for work days or special occasions, I use it alone and it looks beautifully natural. I apply it with a huge Smashbox natural bristle powder brush which helps give me light, believable coverage with just a few swipes. I love everything about this powder and have purchased it many times. It's a product that I simply can't live without. I highly recommend it for anyone using a light coverage foundation that needs a soft focus setting powder.

on 8/23/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really liked how this looked and felt. No scent issues, very nice, sheer blending. Unfortunately, I had an allergic reaction to it. I will be going back to my MAC Select Sheer powder. I am bummed I reacted to it. The one bad thing (besides my personal issue) is that it does have the powder visibility issue when a flash is used.

Best loose powder I've tried in a long time. It's very, very finely milled and goes on like a dream. It blurs imperfections and holds up well on my oily skin - doesn't disappear or get cakey. The price point is a bit high for a loose powder, but I think it's worth it. Great product.

on 11/28/2014 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this powder! I have dry skin so w any setting powder I have to use it with right foundation but using a powder puff and rolling into your skin works 100 times better so if ure using a brush and it isn't working...try that...there's tons of how to videos on YouTube but I suggest gossmakeupartist. Old if it's just me but feels like the most finely milled powder I've ever felt...I actually took back one of the hourglass ambient powders and got this...me and my friend were amazed with how it felt...like Butter...and its not going to make u look chalky like white ones do...I still set my conceAler with mac prep prime lavender powder ...big difference in the two. It's matte but over a radiant foundation u can still see the glow! I don't feel it gives to much extra coverage buts it set better then a translucent one. I feel like if u go one to dark or light u should still be okay. The packaging is so cute with the UD letters that the powder comes out in...it's sturdy w out feeling like u could break it. Distributes just enough like some (elf) it is higher priced but I feel it's worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff! I have been using Tarte's Amazonian Clay finishing powder for years and recently noticed that it would cling to dry patches and sometimes leave a white a cast to my face if I didn't the blend the hell out of it. So I went in search of a new finishing powder. I almost passed by this one from Urban Decay. I had used their old Razor Sharp (discontinued) powder in the past and wasn't a fan, plus the $34USD price tag put me off a bit. But I threw caution to the wind and bought it anyway. It is fantastic! It is the most finely milled powder I have EVER tried. Seriously. It melts into my skin in a way I didn't think powder could. Naked Skin mattifies very well but not too matte. There's just enough luminosity peaking through to keep skin from looking flat. And it is almost impossible to apply too much, this stuff just doesn't cake up. I love that the powder is tinted so I never have to worry about it leaving a white cast to my skin. Even though it is tinted it does not provide coverage, it isn't supposed to though. If you are looking for a loose powder to provide actual coverage, look elsewhere. It does seem to blur the look of my skin and sets concealer and foundation very well. The packaging is gorgeous! A clear jar with a silver lid and sifter, it has a very luxurious look. UD hit this one out of the park and I will definitely buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After reading the reviews for this powder (the existence of which I'd somehow missed til now), I got a sample at Sephora. The SA was going to give me the 2nd lightest shade but realized quickly (as did I) that I needed the lightest. It's surprising that there isn't a lighter shade because I'm NW15/20 but it's summer so I'm probably closer to 20 which means there are loads of women with fairer skin than mine who won't be able to use this product. I was also surprised that it was fairly pricey for a loose powder. BUT...having said that, I love this stuff. I apply it over my BB cream and it gives just that extra bit of colour/coverage but also makes for a nicer finished product and keeps the middle of my face from looking shiny. It also helps the BB cream (or foundation) last longer and look fresher longer.

I have a LOT of finishing and setting powders in my collection and I really need to start using up some of them before I purchase a new one but I wouldn't hesitate to buy this when the time comes that I need a new finishing powder. Good product, though pricey, but worth a try if you can find a good colour match.

on 6/26/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The UD Naked foundation has become my HG along with this powder. This powder is so fine and smooth. It blurs any fine lines and imperfections. I am a professional make-up artist and have yet to find a powder quite like this one. It is a perfect color match for my skin and doesn't look "powdery". I have very oily skin, acne prone and sensitive skin and this doesn't break me out. I use milk of magnesia for a primer, spray UD de slick spray, apple UD naked foundation, this powder, finish the rest of my make-up application and spray de slick again. This make-up routine is fantastic and will last my 12 hour work days. I highly recommend this powder along with all the product mentioned. HG powder..try it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Razor Sharp Powder by Urban Decay (now discontinued and replaced with the Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Powder) so I didn't expect much from this product. Im glad to say I was actually a bit hasty!

This product when dusted loosely over foundation, blurs out small imperfections and seems to smooth out pores. The micro fine, silky particles of powder spread easily and effortlessly and distribute evenly.

I have applied this over BB/CC Cream and over regular moisturiser and it delivers a decent light coverage, so if you have a naturally clear complexion, you'll love this product because it enhances a natural complexion rather than offering coverage. (For colour correction or coverage, try Urban Decays other powder, the Naked Skin Pressed Powder).

I have also lightly applied this over foundation and it makes the foundation look smoother. But only use a little as too much can look a little too 'powdery'.

Be careful if you're using this for flash photography! I wouldn't use this as it contains Titanium Dioxide which gives horrendous flashback in pictures, resulting in the 'Casper face' effect! If you want a powder to use under flash photography and you want it from Urban Decay, I would invest in the Naked Skin Pressed Powder as it looks phenomenal under the intensity of the flash. But for every day use, I'd go for the Naked Skin Loose Powder.

TIP: Try This!!!

Apply a light dusting of the Naked Skin Loose Powder over bare skin BEFORE applying foundation! It sounds crazy, but its a trick some backstage makeup artists use to create a beautiful HD effect to the foundation. It also helps the foundation adhere to the skin and controls any surface oil from beneath the foundation. The trick is to dust a light amount over the skin first.

on 9/11/2014 4:41:00 AM

I tried this product and was not pleased with it. Basically, it seems to make my skin looked dull and not much coverage at all.

I applied Benefit 'Flawless' foundation first and then the loose finishing powder.
Hence, all in all, I would not get it again after the current one runs out.