Urban Decay NAKED3

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Urban Decay NAKED3

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/11/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this palette, I think the colours are very pretty BUT they are more pink-toned than I imagined they would be. If you don't like pink-toned eye-shadow, stay away from this palette. I find the colours suit me as I am of a pale complexion but I can imagine this palette not suiting everyone's complexion. The shadows are great quality, with maybe one or two being a little powdery/chunky. The highlight colour 'Strange' is amazing, perfect for the inner corners and under the brow (I've almost finished the pan it after nearly 2 months of having it!). Overall, a good palette, I think the price is good for the range of eye-shadow colours and the size of each of them. However, I would test it out first with your skin tone as some of the eye shadows are very pink toned.

on 2/8/2014 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Since I am pale I was afraid the palette would not suit me and that it will make me look bruised. I saw a tutorial of a huge beauty blogger/youtube guru, and thought that the palette is perfect to make a look "I cried all day". I was very tempted to buy it only because of its looks. I find the palette optically very pretty. The rose hues make you feel better :). So, I ordered it and thought, if it wouldn't suit me, I'll sell it for less.

I haven't played too much with it (have it for a week), but all the colors I used looked really nice and complimented my eye color. I have hazel eyes and the green in them just popped :)

I won't go too much into shades, but I'll note some of them. 'Strange' is really pigmented. It's a beautiful highlight. I haven't got such a pigmented off-white matte shadow. 'Dust' and 'Bournout' looked really pretty on me. I combined them with 'Liar' and/or 'Factory' in crease and/or outer v for a daytime dressy look. The only shades I haven't been looking forward to having them were 'Blackheart' ('Beauty Marked'), since I have a lot of blacks (MAC's, UD from the Basics palette, Clinique's glittery black) and don't use them as much, and 'Trick'. I'm having A LOT of golden and bronze shadows, I can't look at them any more, though they're fool-proof when it comes to eye make-up. While 'Trick' I haven't had a chance to try yet, I enjoyed 'Blackheart' a lot. On upper and lower lash-line combined with 'Dust' or 'Burnout' on lid, it goes so well with the pinks.
'Mugshot' and 'Darkside' remind me of 'Satin Taupe', which I have, but have used it only once. I bought it out of hype, but find it too dark for myself. I find 'Mugshot' and 'Darkside' more exciting and intriguing than 'Satin Tupe'.

Overall, I really enjoy the palette, and will feel very sad when I hit the pan of either one of the shadows. I find UD, though the quality is supreme, to be very expensive, and I cannot afford myself so much luxury. With their palettes you get a lot for less. I am happy having UD palettes and will keep re/purchasing them.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this palette!! When I first saw it, I thought "I mean, the colors are pretty but when am I gonna wear pink eyeshadow?" I started watching some tutorials on YouTube and I saw how the finished looks appeared, so I decided to get it. At first, I was flinching at the price, but when it comes to eyeshadow I tend to splurge so it wasn't that bad. It hasn't topped my HG too faced natural eye yet, but I think it just might.

Video Reviews & Tutorials