Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

4.4

LOVE it! People comment on how nice my skin looked every time I wore it.

on 2/29/2016 1:28:00 PM

Wow! Love this palette! It's pricey but it looks amazing on my face lol... I use dim light as setting powder it really makes my pores invisible. The radiant light is a beautiful bronzer, not too orangey not to ashy, it makes my skin glow but not too glittery. And the one in the middle OMG.... Best highlight powder I've ever used! It's beautiful.. gives you that pearly glow and it does not make your pores/bumps more visible!! The whole palette just smooths everything on your skin.... Love it!!! And the lasting power is great! 6 hours on my oily skin without any touch up! Still looking fresh!! Will def repurchase it when It runs out!

on 1/21/2016 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have separate reviews for all the Ambient Lighting Powders, so I'm mostly going to touch on the shade exclusive to this palette - Incandescent Light. This is a whitish pearly champagne shade that I use as a soft highlight. The other shades are HG as well, Dim Light being my favorite, and they all can be used in different ways from setting powders to highlights.

on 2/25/2016 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Classy Sheen that make my skin look better. No emphasis on pores. I use Dim light on trouble area and incandescent light on cheekbones. Asian skintone need not much bronzer like radiant light. So I always used up the other two before radiant light.

on 1/21/2016 6:57:00 PM

This palette is so pretty! I love that it gives a subtle glow but can also give a nice luminous finish as a setting powder.

on 2/25/2016 7:46:00 AM

There is nothing quite like Hourglass Ambient powders - it is so fine and the effect is a sheen rather than shine. With combination skin I always struggle to achieve a dewy glow without looking shiny and greasy and this is my HG when it comes to subtle glow. I use the lighter two swirled together to set undereye concealer or remove bake and the darkest one as a subtle bronzer (NC15, so too dark otherwise). It soft-focuses pores and gives that lit-from-withing glow like you have a personal light assistant.
That said, if you want a strong hightlight or strobing, you'll definitely want to use another product on high points of cheekbones or applying this wet (I use Mac Fix+ to moisten my fan brush and apply just to high points).

on 1/6/2016 9:37:00 AM

I was interested in the Hourglass ambient lighting palette because I had heard a lot of good things about their powders. I am very pale and I have one of two problems with highlighters, they are either too dark on me or they don't show up at all. I really like this palette. It's easy to overdue it though. I added too much a few times and then I looked really shiny after application. It doesn't look like you're doing much to the skin but it sneaks up on you. I bought the palette just because the individual sizes are expensive and I wanted to try out more colors but not spend a fortune. The individual sizes are much larger than the palette sizes but if there is a certain color I like then I can buy the larger size. Overall, I'm happy with this set. This is a nice highlighting palette for people who want a more natural highlight. Candlelight is a good description. If used like you're supposed to, and not with such a heavy hand like I did, it makes a beautiful soft glow to anywhere you apply it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this from the VIB Rouge sale last year (2014) from Sephora.com & I kno it was ridic expensive, it's the most expensive makeup item I own...hourglass really does feel like such a luxury brand (I own 2 Hourglass items 1 being this palette & the other is their lip oil which was also ridic like $41 iirc but I had a mini lipstick I did manage to lose...). I'd love to try some of their other products but w it being so cost prohibitive it's just turned me off from buying from this line. IT WORKS! It's stunning in its subtle improvement this makes on my face. Some hi-lite are all sparklies & this is a sheen like glow of youth that glitter cannot imitate & glitter usually looks like enlarged pores/greasiness on my exteme oily skin but this does not. I have used it ALOT since I got it (at least 3-4x/wk) & not hit pan on any colors.I'll repurchase a single not the palette (thou irdk which 1) becoz I'm a frugal gal & this palette isn't a good deal. At least I got to try 3 of the powders which is a good way 2 C how I liked them w/o buying 3 singles & not being able to experiment. I think every person who is really into makeup should go for it & buy one ridic frivolous makeup item ev so often if ur gonna get a lot of use out of it, it makes it no longer that frivolous! 1 lippy "off" 4 packaging coz anything this $$$ should come w a decent brush. It would make it more portable/better for touch ups/travel.

on 11/22/2015 11:45:00 AM

I have had this product for a month and use it every single day. My complexion is fair (usually fairest foundation shade in every range). I use dim light and incandescent light swirled together all over my face and as an undereye setting powder, and then radiant light on the perimeters of my face to give me a very subtle bronzed glow.
It is perfect over foundation but also when I just wear concealer. You can't really see the powder on the skin but overall it just makes me look healthy and glowy in a very natural way.

on 12/15/2015 5:22:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I like this palette, I find it useful for mixing and shading... the Dim I use as a bronzer... it's too dark for me all over my face... the Incandescent Light is beautiful as a highlighter, slightly glittery but nothing that visibly shows up as glitter, and it gives a beautiful glow (my fave out of the pallette), and Radiant Light I use to brush very lightly round my chin/hairline... it's a lovely bronze but does lean towards an orangey/gold glow. All in all I like it to try the different shades, but I wouldn't buy again as the only one I LOVE is the highlighter in the middle. I use both Diffused and Ethereal for all over my face - perfect.