MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte - All Fired Up

MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte - All Fired Up
Retro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired UpRetro Matte - All Fired Up

4.4

on 10/9/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

For a nude lover like myself, this is extremely out of my comfort zone, yet I'm obsessed with how this lipstick just brightens up my face. It is a bright pinky red that gives such a beautiful velvetty matte finish. Be careful, this is super drying as all retro matte finishes are, but if you exfoliate, let a lip balm sink into your lips for a couple minutes and then apply, you should be all set. The fact that its long wearing, gives off such a beautiful matte finish & its ability to brighten up my face is enough justification to continue to purchase this lipstick as long as it's available. I'm an NC30 from Mac for reference, but I haven't seen this color be unflattering to anyone.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This shade is literally never in stock, because everyone seems to be obsessed with it and now that I own my tube of it - I totally justify the hype.

All Fired Up is a beautiful, deep berry red colour that has a retro matte finish. This means that it is drier than a matte and a bit difficult to apply. You certainly need to prep your lips beforehand for a flawless lipstick application.

It does however last all day long and survive all the drinking and eating. It doesn't smudge and has got that velvety-smooth look to it. Absolutely divine! If you like your reds a bit blue-ish and berry in colour - try this lipstick!

For swatches and more info on other best selling MAC lipsticks use the link below. Hope it helps deciding!

I'm in love with this shade it's a more red / pink. I never wear pink so this was a perfect find for me with just a tad bit of a vibrant Pink. The retro matte formula is my favourite as long as your moisturizing your lips. I great colour to finish off a natural makeup for a nice pop

on 6/28/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this from my sister(didn't go well with her skin tone). At first I didn't like it so much because it just made my lips look rough and loud but then I started mouturising my lips properly that helped a lot as it's super drying. Then the colour, it can be a bit Loud and overwhelming - it's a cross between ruby woo and flat out fabulous(it's like a reddish pink). If you're a bit conservative ensure you line it with a brown lip liner and fall in love with your lips!

on 6/15/2015 7:13:00 PM

Returning this. It's dry, and as a retro matte I expected that. Unfortunately even after applying with a brush, blotting, all that, the second I purse my lips, the inner lipstick comes off. This is immediate. Disappointed.

on 6/8/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this lipstick. On me, it's a matte berry red shade that goes great with a brown smokey eye or a no-makeup makeup look. The retro matte finish is not too drying and glides on smoothly, however, it does tend to transfer. I'd recommend exfoliating/moisturizing your lips before applying this lipstick because it slightly accentuates cracks and fine lines. It's a bold color perfect for spring and summer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The MAC website describes All Fired Up as a 'bright fuschia matte' however that would depend on your skin tone and the pigmentation of your lips. On me, it's a deep yet bright dark pink. It doesn't look red on me at all. The finish is a 'retro matte', it takes a few swipes to get it on your lips and the colour pay off is highly pigmented and intense. It seems like a dry formula however it doesn't feel dry or heavy on my lips, and doesn't settle into the lines. It is a very beautiful shade, and would suit a variety of different skin tones.
A very good dupe for it is the KIKO Rock Idol Lipstick in Rossetto 06, they look practically the same on me. I love having both, as the familiar vanilla scent of the MAC lipsticks is just lovely.

Such a beautiful watermelon red shade! I love it so much.

It looks kind of pink in the tube, but don't let that fool you. It's much more red and intense when you put it on. You could even probably get away with using a red liner if you don't have a matching liner.

In terms of texture, it is a DRY matte. A bit difficult to put on, but quite long-lasting once you do.

on 2/21/2015 10:03:00 PM

This is the only red I wear. The only downside is it clings to dryness. I exfoliate well and put on Chapstick before applying. Gorgeous color with my pale skin and dark hair. In love with the color and matte finish.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

When I first saw this lipstick in the MAC Department at Selfridge's I just knew I had to add it to my collection of lipsticks. The colour is gorgeous and I thought it'd stay on all day with it being a matte lipstick. However, I found that when applying the lipstick, it easily clung to the tiniest dry parts of your lips so the process of ex-foliating, moisturising and applying lip primer before applying this lipstick is NEEDED. Which although should be the usual protocol, we all know this can be such a lengthy process that we all don't have the time or effort for. And throughout the day, the lipstick can get bitty and need removal and reapplication.

Pros:
- great colour
- lovely matte look

Cons:
- works against dry lips
- needs reapplying throughout the day.

Overall:
- Maybe this is just my experience or maybe I just had dry lips at the time I used this lipstick, but I was quite disappointed. I know matte lipsticks are known to dry out lips but I thought with it being MAC and the price it is, I expected better. You definitely need more products than just this lipstick on it's own to make it look great, but once you figure out how to apply it best to suit your lip type, it does look great. Practice makes perfect with this product.