Giorgio Armani Si

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I always try this on, i love the first smell (or the topnotes), but then it just turns and becomes really strong and old lady like... i also just like the eu de toilette not the perfume because it just smells better on me. The perfume smells kind of like burnt liquorice?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I found this very green and very harsh, almost acrid. The drydown reminded me of the Dial soap and shampoos from the 60s. If you are prone to headaches and sinus irritation, steer clear of this one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

An elegant perfume best suited for women over 30. I'm a professional woman and have been searching for a good office/daytime scent that is sophisticated and doesn't smell like citrus. Si is perfect. It's soft and subtly sexy, but still appropriate for work. My boyfriend loves it also, and he's fussy.

Another daytime favorite of mine is the original Bottega Veneta, which is a refined, musky leather scent. I'm an American, but these scents smell more European, which I prefer. Young women who like very sweet, vanilla scents will probably not like either of these perfumes.

I was given a sample of this by a pushy sales associate at Macy's when I was trying to buy my sister a perfume as a gift. She said Si was one of their best sellers. I really did expect to like this; fruitchoulis and sweet patchouli blends are among my most recent favorites. My longtime love, Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noire, is such a blend, as are my new favorites, DKNY MyNY by Donna Karan and Jimmy Choo's perfume in the grenade-shaped bottle.

Unfortunately, something went wrong here. All I get is overpoweringly sweet berry and a very harsh, synthetic patchouli. Dear god, why must all modern fragrances include this synthetic berry note? Celebrity perfumes and Bath & Body Works/Victoria's Secret are most prone to this, but now it's showing up in designer and old standard perfume houses too. The patchouli here is also badly done; instead of the warm, earthy patchouli as seen in DKNY MyNY, we get the synthetic stuff that hippies loved in the 70s.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Noooooo!
Si is just not making me happy at all! Alcoholic , as in beer or liquor, rose and then a dusty powder not the beautiful type of powder either. Ickkkk!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Based on reviews and that I'm a gourmand lover . I bought this on a blind buy . Worst mistake ever . Smells like someone spilled juice all over me . Smells like a bottle of soda that's been in the sun for hours .

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

To me, this is a classy, slightly sophisticated, grown up perfume. In a world where lately it seems fruity and overly sweet, very girly/youthful and bakery type scents are dominant, it is nice imo to have a scent for us 'older gals' who are not 'old ladies'. Mature. Classy. Classic. Not overbearing or headache-inducing, although as with any fragrance, sensitive noses, allergies, asthma sufferers, etc, that is all subjective.

On me, this lasts all day, and I can still faintly smell it on my clothes the next laundry day; and yet it is not too strong nor too over-powering. I can't do too strong and overpowering. But yet this is not too light, it is just right.

I think this is a great year-round scent, but leaning more towards daytime. I think this is safe enough for school or the workplace.

I have read that La Vie Est Belle and Flowerbomb are similar to this, but I sort of disagree. To me, La Vie Est Belle is much more floral and Flowerbomb is very chemical smelling to me, and both of those are headache-inducing for me, which Si is not. To me, Si is just a nice, comfortable fragrance to wear and very pleasant to smell.

I do wish the bottle design was more detailed/ more feminine-looking. I typically like and appreciate simple and clean designs, but this I feel deserves a really pretty bottle. But that is just personal opinion/thought. This is very easy to spray and to hold in the hands, which my bad wrists appreciate.

Will definitely repurchase and am already planning on getting a backup, as things I really like always seem to get discontinued.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top Notes: Sicilian bergamot, Mandarin, Blackcurrant liqueur

Heart Notes: Rose de Mai, Neroli, Egyptian jasmine, Freesia

Base notes: Patchouli, Woods, Amber, Orcanox, Vanilla

If you like gourmands but think they are a little less mature and sophisticated than you would prefer, try this. If you are interested in gourmands but are not used to them, this is a great option as well.

I would also recommend this to someone who wants to step away from gourmands but doesn't want to take the plunge into other types of fragrances just yet.

Basically, this is a stepping stone between a vanilla gourmand and a floral fragrance.

This is safe for work or school, as it is very inoffensive and doesn't stray too far from the mainstream.

It's great for a nurturing type of soul who likes sweets, animals and babies, and who cares about other people's feelings. It might sound silly, but this perfume is meant for a traditionally feminine woman or girl, so someone who enjoys black nail polish and purple hair would find this perfume to be too boring.

I could see both a college freshman and a grandmother enjoy this perfume, as it's so versatile and appealing.

It's in the same vein as La Vie Est Belle and Flowerbomb, and stands on its own two feet as a vanilla fragrance. I get no patchouli in this, which is good because the standout star in this frag is indeed the vanilla, which puts it in line with the other sweet scents in the same category.

I own more than 40 fragrances and this is the one that garners the most compliments from those around me (major man magnet too...try it out and see for yourself). It's sweet but also chic and versatile, can be worn from day to night, and will suit many different occasions (office, evening, dinner, dates, nights out and about, etc). Si may be too mature for teens, but it's perfect for women in their 20's. It's also sophisticated enough for women in their 30's, 40's and beyond, and those who enjoy sweet smells but don't want to smell juvenile or like straight up candy.

It's in the same fragrance family as Lancome's La Vie Est Belle and V&R's Flowerbomb, but this one has a crisp and slightly sharp green element to it that makes it less cloyingly sweet, and easier to wear than either of those two. This 'crisp/green' nuance in Si makes it quite distinctive, saving it from being just another Flowerbomb/LVEB smell-alike (off-topic: if you do want a cheaper alternative to Flowerbomb, check out Aquolina's 'Pink Sugar Sparks').

Anyways...this is my signature scent for fall and winter. It also wears well in spring and on breezy summer nights. If you're looking for a 'cleaner', crisper and more versatile alternative to La Vie Est Belle (which I personally cannot wear...too loud, too 'frilly girly', too much), then try Si. If you love sweet scents but still want to be taken seriously, try Si. It lasts a whole day on me without needing touch-ups and the scent could fill a whole room if you spray on too much (careful with that! two sprays is good enough for daytime...add another 2-3 sprays for night-time if you want all eyes on you). I will always repurchase, and I hope it never gets discontinued.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Have just purchased my 2nd bottle of Si. It is beautiful, I wear it as my everyday fragrance as it is a light gentle scent, defiantly not overpowering