TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

4.2

on 6/24/2016 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Having used other The Balm products I had high hopes for this - I was wrong. These are chalky and nearly unblendable. The colours when applied are mweh too. I am a real make up whore & love the whole application process but this palette took away the joy. Here in the UK we can't return products so to the bottom make up drawer this goes.

on 3/25/2016 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

its just ok. middle in the road palette.

on 10/6/2015 4:24:00 PM

The eyeshadows are pigmented and nice. I like the sleek packaging.
I would have liked to have a cream colour in the palette, but like someone else mentioned, the yellow and white colour can easily be mixed to get the same effect. To make it more handy I would have liked a black colour as well.
I really do get alot of use out of the palette though! I would recommend it to a friend if they were looking for a matte neutral palette.

on 9/8/2015 4:48:00 AM

Ooooh i'm in love with all the Matts. Silky, pigmented, flattering (yeah, the cold grey ones are a bit harder on my yellow skin, but good to blend with other colors), blendable! So beautiful! I'm blown away, and use it daily.

Update: well... my eyes hate this one, too. So if you have sicca or overly sensitive eyes - try it before you buy it. The grey colors look on me (fair yellow skin) like bruises XD

The pigmentation is amazing, there are some great colors and I can create some great looks with it. Love it

I get the distinct feeling, after several uses of this palette, that it was entirely conceived of be put on over eyelid primer. This peeves me to no end. Eyelid primer is great and if you like what it does to your make-up, you should use it. But no makeup product should work only if it is used in conjunction with a primer. Eyeshadow ought to stand on its own two feet. Especially at this kind of price. And this doesn't.

In the end it's kind of chalky and the colors go on dull and don't blend well. The staying power is fine, but why bother when the colors are dulling. In the end, the effect is only average -- not elegant or pretty or "hey, I just splurged on this palette, but doesn't it make my eyes pop!" The colors are interesting and diverse choices for a matte nude palette, and I really quite like the packaging (comes with a nice mirror and brush). And I've loved TheBalm's blush and bronzer products. So I'm at a loss for an explanation here. But this is not worth the investment; it's only okay.

on 1/19/2015 9:59:00 PM

I bought this on ebay as I was looking for an affordable nude eye palette and this did not disappoint! The texture is creamy easy to apply and has good color payoff- only the white on this palette flaked alittle but otherwise the colors are varied and coordinate well with each other. I keep it in my office and it gives polished and profession look. well worth the price which in my view gives good mileage compared to my expensive nudes like the urban decay nude palettes....

on 1/26/2015 6:01:00 AM

For a long time I couldn't decide whether to purchase this palette, and now I'm SO glad I did.

The palette contains 9 neutral-toned matte eyeshadows in both warm and cool tones. The amount of product is huge, 25.5 g / 0.9 OZ in total, which makes this a great value (I purchased mine for about 30 ). The cardboard packaging is lightweight and comes with a sleeve and a good-sized mirror. However, it might not be ideal for traveling as cardboard's not a very durable material. Personally, I adore the light and thin cardboard packaging with the large mirror. The shadows are mica-based, talc-free and unfragranced.

As to the quality of the shadows, I'm impressed: they're very pigmented, easy to blend, pretty true to the colors in the pan, and the fallout is minimal. I find myself reaching for this palette frequently for both everyday and special occasions makeup. I use these with a primer and they last well on my lids. The colors vary from pure white to dark brown.
This is an amazing palette for people with hooded eyes or for those who want a basic, all-rounder matte palette to replenish their shimmery e/s palettes. It's also a great value for money as the pigmentation is great and the shadows are huge.

However, if you love shimmery colors or only use warm or cool colors, you might not find it as useful. Please note also that the palette does't contain a basic black eyeshadow, only a deep brown. This is also not the best palette for traveling (although it's lightweight) since it's quite big and most likely not very durable. If these aren't problems for you, I'd say that definitely try this out! :)

on 2/18/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, this palette is amazing!!! just for reference, I am a woman of color whom is approximately an NC44/C6 scale, based upon Mac's shade scale. These eyeshadows are so buttery, blend amazing, and last all day! I used UD'S Eyeshadow Primer potion.

on 3/3/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Aww man! I guess I'm the minority when it comes to this palette (literally and figuritively) :p

Sorry, I really don't like this palette. Don't get me wrong, it does have staying power and it doesn't crease even with OUT primer, but sadly on me the colors are VERY dull and muted. Now I noticed that 95% of the ladies that reviewed this palette range from fair to olive and therein lies my problem. I don't think these colors are for dark skinned black women (for reference I'm a NW45). I used the following colors -

Matt Lombardi
Matt Singh
Matt Rosen
Matt Malloy

My eyelids ended up looking a "Matt Grey". :( Bummer because I really really wanted to love this palette! I'll give it a few more tries but I have a feeling this will be a "gift" to one of my fair skinned friends!

Cute pakaging though.