benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel

Filtered by skin type : Combination
benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel
Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber GelGimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber GelGimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel

4.1

on 5/15/2017 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm impressed with this! My brows are thin and sparse. I received 2 samples of this in a break in half container from beauty boxes. The first one was great, the second, an epic fail. When I had 20% off from Ulta, I purchased the full size, color 3, medium I think. I apply lightly, change to the tip for the tails of my brows, and go back and do one more swipe over the wider section. Pressure is crucial-start lightly! I like to keep a q-tip on hand to clean up any random glops. Then, after a few minutes I brush through with a clean brow brush. So cool! It seems to last a long time, and although it's pricey, it's difficult for me to get a pretty, bigger brow from a pencil.

on 5/1/2017 6:42:00 PM

At 50 my brows are starting to thin and I love this product. I don't wear a lot of makeup and this goes on light but adds a lot of color without too heavy of a look. The small brush is nice and allows for easy, more precise application.

Love this product- I have very sparse brows and soft facial features, and the "instagram" brows don't look right on my face. Swiping this product a few times through my brows helps to define, darken and plump up the hair. Afterwards I go in with the Benefit Ka-brow to shape only in certain areas and I'm good to go. I have this in shade 3 and I have dark brown hair- prior to this was using Anastasia brow pencil in medium brown and brow powder in soft brown. The only thing I don't like is the product overflows when you put the wand back into the tube, so it overflows in the twist area and gets messy/wastes product. Other than that I am happy!

I just adore this product. I seriously can't live without it. For reference I'm around MAC NC15 and I have dark brown hair and hazel eyes and I can use Gimme Brow in shades 3 and 5. I've tried so many other brow gels before and this is definitely the best one. It tints, fills my brows and holds them in place all day long. It's pricey, but it lasts forever. A little goes a long way with this.

on 1/16/2017 9:12:00 AM

The Benefit gimme brow volumizing fiber gel is a small tube with a tiny spoolie brush that allows you to brush color onto your actual brow hair. It comes in three colors: light, medium, and deep. I have tried many brow gels and they never worked for me due to the fact that I have very sparse brows. I recently got my brows microbladed and I was told to buy a brow gel to darken up my existing brows to help them blend better. I didn't have high hopes for this product. I was wrong. I used to take 20-30 minutes doing my brows before the micrboblading. Now all I have to do is brush this through my brow hairs and in 5 minutes I have beautiful natural looking brows. I love the brush, its tiny and you can get it in the brows without making a huge mess which is great for those of us with thin brows. Once it sets, it doesn't move around and the color lasted a 12 hour nursing shift. I didn't have to worry about sweating a brow off. Now I can only go by my brows now that they are microbladed. It's a god send for me and I plan on buying a back up. The only cons is that the tube is tiny. You don't get a lot of product for $25. Other than that I love it.

on 1/14/2017 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot convey enough how much I LOVE this! I tried a bunch of eyebrow pencils and gels and this is definitely my favorite. My eyebrows are not thin but not super bushy either - I like them to look quite full and "important" although not Cara Delevingne style. I use this in 5 - the darkest shade - as my hair is very dark brown. I really like the brush, it is small and it makes the application very easy. In only one application my eyebrows already look way fuller, and with a second one I am able to achieve a more dramatic look. This is one of the things I love the most about Gimme Brow - you can go for a totally natural look or build it up a little. No one could tell I have tinted brow gel on, even if I go with the second application! It lasts all day and keeps your eyebrows in place. Totally recommend!

This is a really good brow gel, it adds fibers to my natural hairs and makes them look much thicker. I use the Benefit goof proof pencil (number 6) with this but I could easily use the gel (number 3) on its own. The color that I have is a bit too light for me but I still make it work for my brown hair. The only downside is the price and quantity you get for it, it does not seem like it will last more than 2-3 months with daily usage. I'm sure some cheaper and equally good alternatives exist out there. The maybelline brow gel is also good.
PROS:
- Adds color and thickness to brows
- Holds hair in place
CONS:
- Little amount of product
- Expensive

Product quality: 5/5
Usually I take incredibly long to do my eyebrows daily and this is such a quick solution to thicken my brow and fill in the sparse areas.

Brush applicator: 5/5
I've tried many different applicators from different brow gel products, even from some Korean brands and this is the best type of applicator to date. The pointed tip allows me to be more precise when I am applying the product to the tails of my eyebrow and the general small size of the applicator and the density of the bristles make it so convenient to separate, comb and thicken my brow hairs simultaneously. Moreover, their travel sized Gimme Brow (the one with one third the amount in the full sized one) has the exact same applicator which I really appreciate as it is great for travel.

Lasting ability: 4.5/5
At times which I want to fill in my brows more fully, I use the ABH Brow Wiz to fill in my sparse areas first and then go over it with my gimme brow as a way to set my brows and it keeps my brows looking full for hours.

Packaging: 5/5
I love the repackaging, marketing gimmick or not. I have both the travel sized one and the full sized one and they look very sleek.

Price: 4/5
Most Benefit products tend to be on the pricier end and while I do find that their other products in their brow line can be easily replaceable, I think the Gimme Brow is very unique and much better in quality compare to other brow gels in the market.

on 11/27/2016 4:10:00 PM

Wow. I'm 32 years old and I have blonde hair and sparse brows and I've tried to many products. I always end up frustrated bc they either come out over dramatic or whe color isn't too ashy and doesn't show up in photos. At last. Something that does everything so simply . This right here is all I'll ever need. NOTHING has given me the results this amazing product has. I barely have any eyebrows at all and I have tried promades and pencils and wax and powder. You name it. I just stopped in Ulta and asked a consultant what I could get that has fibers and she right away suggested this. She put some on me, I looked in the mirror and I got so excited. It looks flawless and real and even though it's on the pricey side for such a small tube, after the years of searching being over IM HAPPY! Highly suggest to anyone who has thin/light brows. Shade 01 and I'm so impressed. Just TRY if at ulta and if you don't love it don't buy it. You'll buy it tho.
Everyone keeps telling me Essence make me Brow is the exact same thing. I will go to target and purchase one bc it's only 2.99 VS the 24 I've spent on gimme brow.

on 11/15/2016 5:54:00 PM

I love gimme brow! It fills in brows beautifully, keeping them natural looking! My only complaint is that the lighter shade can look too ashy sometimes.