Living Proof Satin Hair Serum

3.0

Isododecane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, isoamyl laurate, diheptyl succinate, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, octafluoropentyl methacrylate (OFPMA), PPG-3 benzyl ether ethylhexanoate, PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, bis-ethyl (isostearylimidazoline) isostearamide, phytosteryl sunflowerseedate, hydrogenated vegetable glycerides, capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, dilinoleic acid/propanediol copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, fragrance, citronellol, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, citral, limonene, coumarin, geraniol.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got a generous sample with my Sephora order and I like that it isn't greasy feeling at all and really helps take care of the unruly frizz I have. The recent weather of rain and wind had taken a toll on my normally behaving hair and I like to just put my hair in a low pony tail or bun to protect it from the elements. This fits the bill for being one of those products you can just leave in and go. Some areas I missed so I have to be careful with application as results were uneven ( some fuzzy areas, some frizz free). It has a nice and light scent and it provides great shine. I tried it on damp hair but will have to test it out on dry hair to see if it performs better. So far I like it. I need about three drops for my whole head. I'm thinking I should try the other products in the line as others suggested. This is my first time trying anything from Living Proof.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a Living Proof fan and this product is no exception. I love the PHD 5 in 1 styling cream for when I straighten my thick, wavy hair. But I don't like it when I wear my hair natural. It left my waves really flat. I wanted something to combat frizz and humidity when I wore my hair wavy, and this works beautifully! It doesn't get rid of my frizz 100% but it definitely improves it. I just put a few pumps in and style as normal with my curly hair products, and I get a much better result. I also feel the more I use it, the better it works. Definitely buying this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I had reviewed this awhile ago & I was not a fan. I recently decided to try this again. I'm not sure what changed, but I love it now. It fights frizz and makes my hair look beautiful! When used with the perfect day line my hair looks model worthy!! Amazing products so glad I changed my mind. I wish it was slightly cheaper & not in a glass bottle, but you only need a little bit so the bottle lasts awhile.

I am shocked to see any bad reviews for this product!

I think it is TERRIFIC smoothing serum and it's the only one I will use.

Like all Living Proof it works best with other Living Proof products.

If you have previously used silicone based products (dimethicone, etc.), then this serum will just sit on your hair.

The line is sulphate and silicone free - it does not really make sense to mix and match with suftate and silicone products.

I have fine wavy-curly hair, this product tames frizz, leaves it looking shiny and healthy and never weighs it down and rinses out with no issue.

Sure, I wish it were cheaper, but I LOVE it.

I thought this was terrible. Just made my hair feel sticky and weighed down. I have thick, wavy-texture, color-treated hair that I heat-style regularly. I like to use a serum on my damp hair before I blow dry it for some added smoothness and manageability.

This product just made my hair feel gross and unruly. The stickiness made it hard to work with.

Total product fail. And it's expensive too. Won't buy it again.

I use keratin treatment for my hair; so I try to avoid silicones to prevent buildup. This product fulfills that need. I have had no issues with this being too greasy, and I have not had the rebound effect of frizzier hair the next day that I have gotten with other serums. This serum adds just that extra touch of silk and shine I need as my keratin wears off. Fantastic product.

I had to change my rating for this serum. I originally hated this, returned this, and then randomly bought it again a few weeks ago and HOLY MOLY I'm in love with it now!
It takes a few minutes to soak in, I feel, when I apply it to dry hair. I usually don't put it on wet hair before I dry it, i usually just put it on dry hair when I know it's raining or extra humid ( I live in Southern Georgia for school). This really does fight frizz- my hair doesn't frizz AT ALL with this ( and I do use all Living Proof products so I feel that probably helps as well). I had a sample packet of this that I gave my sister and holy crap, her hair was flawless- and it was pouring rain all day!

I'm shocked at the low ratings as this is easily the best serum I've found so far. Super light weight, never looks greasy or stringy and never weighs my hair down.

I have to say, there really is something to the OFPMA molecule repelling dirt. For years I used Ouidad's Shine Glaze, which is silicone based and had no problems. However, when I changed careers and started baking for a living I noticed that my hair needed shampooing whenever I used it. With this serum, my hair stays clean and full for 2-3 days.

A fantastic product for those of us with hair that cannot tolerate daily shampooing.

I have thick slightly course hair that is past my shoulders. It has a slight wave to it and is easily straightened when I blow dry it. I use a tiny amount of this on the bottom half of my hair working up, but not applying it to the roots. I get amazing results. My hair is smooth and shiny, but not weighed down. I like that there are no silicones in this and it seems to wash out easily and I'm not getting build up. I've tried this with Living Proof Prime Style Extender and honestly, I like this better on it's own. I cannot stress enough how little an amount I need to achieve these results. The packaging is attractive and sleek and it's easy to get the amount you need from the pump. Packaging is glass so be careful if you have tile floors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this product after reading the reviews on Sephora.com. My hair is thick/coarse and I get the Keratin treatment every 3 months to smooth it out. I applied a tiny amt. of this product on my hand, rubbed them together and applied it to my hair from the bottom first working upwards. I then proceeded to blowdry my hair as usual. My hair looked the same as usual, maybe a little smoother, and I was happy with the product. Then.....the next day.... My hair was soooo greasy and gross. I had to wash it immediately after I woke up. I might consider giving it a second chance, but I used such a tiny bit the first time. I think I am going to return it. Too bad.