It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.7

I got shade light. I am N15 - Skin concerns: stubborn redness around nose/rosacea - dry skin but nothing dramatic- aging skin (25yo) so again nothing dramatic. I always have used a toner cream and primer before. Most of the time the ootical illusion by UD. This product is a great product. What is a gigantic plus is that they sell a DS sample for 20$ that will last long and beyond enough for you to figure if you like it enough to buy it. I think this means alot that a company is that confident of their product. SPF50 provided which is the reason why it is thick. It’s not a paste or anything it could just hang to the tube if you tease it out. It’s not leaky which is practical on the go. Friendly packaging for the travel and full size. Easily poored at the back of your end before applied to face. You can apply with fingers but not blindly and with good lighting to ensure evenness. I would rather use a beauty blender over a brush because of how thick it is, and a semi-damped one. That will make skin more flattering regarding consistency of product!! With a brush to even out you might find it’s a bit too thick because i find that the product will stay on the brush but still it works out. Shade light is not that light. So keep that in mind. It is orangey but once applied it’s really not as appearing than on you hand. Coverage is medium. It does not cocer 100% rosacea on my nose but so far its on my top 3 for best coverage. It holds really well. Since my skin is on the dry end, i don’t apply powder . If i do it’s for the areas that tend to crease aka under eye and laugh lines. Usually foundations with higher consistencies tend to crease but this one is not that bad! It does not slip either. Easy to blend anything over too. It’s not matte and it’s not dewy, it’s skin like. My cons are that the coverage is not as i had hoped with the pictures they show. It is pricey but in the price range for higher end foundations. Shade range is off because fair really appear fair and yet light is light/medium and tends to be more orangey. Undertones are not considered but since it’s a CC that makes sense, still sucks. I will purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

For a while it was unavailable UK so the moment my foot touched American soil I made a dash to an Ulta in Portland to have a look at it. The British You Tubers were raving about it so after a quick swatching session (I went with it in 'Light' which perfectly matches my Chanel B20/Dior 020 skin) I skipped happily back to my air B&B to apply it.

I like it is paraben and cruelty free, has a fantastic packaging with a very convenient and well designed pump, it is made in South Korea and they know what they are doing regarding sunscreen + coverage, it is a tinted mineral sunscreen but... there are buts:

- the coverage is WAAAAAY too heavy. I understand it needs to be a dense consistency to offer spf 50 rating (9% Titanium Dioxide and 6.3 % Zinc Oxide which makes it broad spectrum) but to make it work on my face not looking like a mask I hope I'm getting spf 20 (but probably less) with 1 pump of the product (fingers crossed!). So I need to wear another mineral spf underneath in the summer to get some proper protection!

- it contains lemon, bergamot and orange peel oils - which all are photo-reaction inducing, so having these in the sunscreen makes no sense to me. These also give the product a delicate fragrance - a non fragranced sunscreen usually smells revolting so that should explain why the formula has these in.

- price point - it is now available in Selfridges in London and is £30, which seems to be in line with other mineral sunscreens available in UK. Still way too expensive for a product that should be a staple skin protector.

- It gives a nice glow but it really needs to be powdered to not to look like a greasy mess within 2 hours of the application and I have a dry, dehydrated skin! So for the ladies in your 40s... get a sample first before comitting. Sadly powdering does not really help to set it for longer than these 2 hours (after which you should reapply it. No way I will be able to do that in my work environment. I need a stable sunscreen that does not make me a greasy, caked mess in a couple of hours after application and this is not it!) after which it simply disappears from my face, taking away with it all my blush (otherwise long lasting when applied on other foundations), concealer/highlighter leaving a shiny, blotchy mess (as it seems to be disappearing in patches too) with magnified fine lines and crater-like pores. I look like I did not wash off the sad remains of my previous day's makeup!

- It behaves way better in winter when it does not need to be powdered at all (stay way away from any 'glow' powders like Hourglass ones in this case!) and when we have 3 hours of daylight in Scotland. What is the point of it then though with its spf 50?

- I tried apply it on a matifying primer from Benefit (I had a tiny sample tube) in hope of extending the two hours lasting mark but to no avail. Same with a silicone based primer from YSL (Touche Eclat one) which I'm trying to finish off and none of these really seem to make any difference. I tried to apply it with a beauty blender to sheer it out a little bit but it still did not look like I like my foundations/sunscreens to look like.

I will use it up this summer but I will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin recently changed from combination to dry, and upon developing some spider angiomas on my face and subsequently getting some treatment for them, I decided to up my sun cream game. However, my beloved Teint Idole by Lancome did not respond well to my new moisturiser and spf 45 skin routine (think: cakey mess), and I decided I wanted something a little more natural-looking and light weight on my face, especially now I had my "new" blemish-free face going on.

This CC cream did the job perfectly:

- actually does look better than skin, but lets your skin shine through at the same time (yes, you do need a pretty even skin tone to pull this off imo)
- suprisingly long lasting
- feels light on the skin
- is moisterising but doesn't cake up unlike my awful experience with Josie Maran's Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation
- doesn't cling to any dry patches during the course of the day
- I swear my face actually looks better when I take it off (I was told that it had some special skin-imrpoving ingredients in it, so maybe that's why)

This only doesn't get 5 stars because I still can't get over how expensive it is!! I mean, it's nice in every way I mentioned above, but it's not full-coverage-perfect-face-I'm-a-model-now nice (which is how I felt with Lancome's Teint Idole). At least that's where I'm at right now with this product.

Closing comment: the colour names are deceiving: the best match for me was "Light" despite me having olive / tan skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ok I got a very large sample of this from Sephora and I was SO excited to try it because I'm looking to simplify my skincare routine and the whole "Your Skin But Better" sounded perfect for everyday quick makeup AND with skin care benefits! But sadly to say I really did not like this! I've heard so many people raving about this CC cream and yet it really didn't work for me. I found it to be streaky and settle in my fine lines.. it just didn't work for me for the price. I would still have to wear a primer and setting powder for this to work. I have oily skin and somewhat acne prone. And unfortunately for this price and still having to use a primer and powder it just didn't work for me.

I also highly highly recommend you try MISSHA if you're looking for a good cc/bb cream. I've tried so many "high-end" foundations and bb/cc creams that are expensive and none of them have measured up to MISSHA BB cream.

This cc cream is not worth it for how expensive it is in my opinion. This might work better for someone with normal - dry skin.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I received a sample of this from Mecca and the claims sounded too good to be true, which they were of course and usually are. Unfortunately this cc cream just made my skin feel incredibly parched all day as well as accentuating the lines under my eyes. I seriously looked 10 years older.

The coverage was quite a lot heavier than I prefer for daily use but I was able to sheer it out using a damp beauty blender. It looked quite nice on initial application and the color “medium” was a pretty good match for me. But within an hour I could feel it sucking my skin dry for some reason. And when I looked in the mirror a few hours later I was horrified at my under eye lines.

This cc cream is a miss for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I so wanted to love this CC cream, just like the majority of reviewers, but alas, sadly I just can't. And I am also quite relieved to see numerous reviewers in my age group having the same issues, but let's start with the positives:

Pros:
- SPF50
- Genius packaging, a tube combined with a pump dispenser, fantastic!
- Reasonably priced
- A few of the shades are offered in a smaller version travel tube
Cons:
- Shade range very limited, couldn't find a match for my N/NW15 skin, even the lightest shade "fair" was too yellowish.
- Very thick, matte finish even when I apply a thin layer
- Accentuated pores, fine lines and dry areas on my dry/normal facial skin.

Verdict: Apart from the nice high sun protection and awesome packaging I couldn't agree more with one previous reviewer, who likened the finish of the IT Cosmetics CC Cream to stage makeup. It made my skin - which by itself looks very decent - look matte, with lines and pores exaggerated, not a good look at all! The reason I tried this in the first place is because I am desperate to find a replacement for my beloved Bobbi Brown CC Cream SPF 35 in Blushed Nude - I have used it as long as they made it and then stocked up when Estee Lauder Inc. discontinued it. In the meantime I used up my last backup tubes also. The Bobbi Brown CC Cream had the most wonderful, natural finish and the color correcting properties, natural sheer coverage and overall wear were perfect for me. So my search continues and I will probably try Chanel's CC cream next. ...but IT Cosmetics' CC Cream unfortunately wasn't it for me.

I may buy this again. This is my go-to on days off when I'm not wearing my usual full face of makeup. A little goes a long way for light to medium coverage.

I think I would have loved this as a 15 year-old. At 35, not so much. To it's credit, it is full coverage, and the package design is clever and hygienic. Other than that... no, no no. It's like stage makeup. Orange stage makeup (I'm pinky pale). I didn't think I had any outstanding wrinkles or pores, but man... this product found them! It sunk into every crease and crater, especially on the eyelids. I struggled to blend it, and it's almost impossible to wash off! I think I washed my hands at least 3 times. I can't wait to try to get this off my face.

Do you know when I came on here to review I was all "can I be the ONLY one who doesn't love this CC cream?" I was literally relieved to see the people in my age bracket have many of the same "meh" and "it's a no" response that I did with this incredibly hyped and popular cream.... One thing I noticed with myself and many other people who don't love it is the fact that there is an ingredient that is sucking the moisture out of our face and making it look very dry. I WISH I knew who the culprit ingredient is! I have normal to dry skin - NC 20/25 and I use this in Light. Fair is a bit too light. I just don't get how this cc cream can make my skin look so bad. I feel like I'm a FAIL with so many IT cosmetics when so many others love them! What can I say that's positive... hmmm... well, the packaging is good. The premise is good in that it has such a high physical sunscreen and good for your skin actives... but there is not much more positive things for me to report on. It sits in my marionette lines and highlights the crepiness under my eyes. I have tried both the regular version and the glow/glitter version... I've tried them combined, separately, with a brush, with a blender, with my fingers... and it still continues to show me no love. What prompted me to write this review is that I thought I will give this CC cream ONE more shot today and all I want to do is go home and wash my face b/c it feels so tight and dry.... For me, Illuminaire is a much better (though lower in SPF) mineral makeup cream. But for my skin, I think I will stick with GA Luminous Silk, Face Atelier, and Shiseido Syncro Glow. I do want to try Osmosis though.. but this is a FINAL pass from me. It's getting de-cluttered.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
- medium/buildable coverage
- comfortable to wear
- great packaging with a pump/travel friendly
- spf 50+
- natural finish
- easy application

Cons:
- not great for oily skin
- not long lasting

Overall, if you have dry skin, I think you'll love this. It provides a beautiful natural look with good coverage for a CC cream. It's a great, quick, throw-on foundation for everyday. The problems that I had with it include it's lasting ability. I would say for my oily skin, it stays for roughly 4-5 hours with a setting powder, so for long work days it looks faded by the end of the day. I would still consider purchasing this because it is quick to apply, no streaking or dry patches because it is so moisturizing. For those long days though, I still reach for Estee Lauder Double Wear. For me, this is probably a winter/fall foundation just for the sole reason that I have oily skin and it most likely won't hold up during the summer at all.