Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.0

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 7/22/2016 10:08:00 PM

This product is great for sensitive and dry skin. It will not break you out or cause any irritation. The only issue is the foundation is so hydrating and dewy that it doesn't set. So if you touch your face you are screwed. It does last all day.

on 6/26/2016 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the worst foundation I have ever used.

I've tried dozens of foundations in the past few years. I have normal to dry skin, but don't have dry patches, flakiness, or large pores. I never have issues with oiliness or foundation breaking up, so I very rarely use primer or powder. Honestly, my skin plays well with 99% of foundations, and the only thing I ever have to be concerned about is coverage for acne scars; texture, finish, lasting power, etc. are not factors I have to think about when buying foundations.

So you can imagine my surprise when I wore this for the first time. Using a beauty blender, it went on fine, had medium coverage that could be built up, and the one thing I could rave about for this foundation is the shade range. I got the shade N0, and it is one of the lightest foundations I've found. It was a perfect match for me, and I was so pleased that I didn't have to use a white mixer. As usual, I didn't use primer or powder.

When I got home from classes, it hadn't even been four hours and I was horrified to see that my face was literally the shiniest it had ever been in my life. It looked like I had dipped my face in oil. There wasn't a trace of foundation left on my skin, so all coverage had disappeared and my acne scars and redness were completely visible.

The next day, I applied it with the Real Techniques Expert Face brush as opposed to a sponge, wondering if it would help. The brush made it go on streaky and it took a while to get it to look okay. I also set it with powder. Nonetheless, the same thing happened that day; I came home to a horrendously greasy and obviously blemished face.

I'm really sad about this, because the shade was perfect. But overall, I would not recommend. I really can't imagine for whom this foundation would work. Maybe for those with extremely dry skin? I don't know. But this was a huge disappointment.

I think this foundation has a weird smell..and the smell lingers for a few hours. It’s tacky and hard to blend. You will have success blending using a beauty blender though, but not your fingers. I had a sample of the N10 and at first liked the brightness, but upon a second application realized it was too light. The other day I got a sample of N20 and that was grey (made my face look dull). So glad I did not purchase the full-size product.

on 4/6/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favorite everyday foundation. I have dry skin with some patchiness and a lot of redness (possibly eczema, undiagnosed right now), and this covers like a dream. I only use a small to moderate amount and my redness is gone. It's easy to sheer out with moisturizer and plays well with all the primers I've tried. Even without primer it can last 6-8 hours on me. The P20 is the closest match I've found to my skin tone and the formula never irritates me. Love this stuff!

on 5/28/2016 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

IF YOU HAVE OILY OR COMBO SKIN STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS FOUNDATION, the coverage is okay but it transfer badly, even with sitting powder on top and their is tooo much yellow on the colors. i really wanted to love it due to the fact that it doesn't have some bad chemicals in but really not my foundation. i have combo skin with dry patches on cheeks.

on 6/3/2016 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is made out of vegetable oil. I am positive. This stuff is GREASY honey. I am so bummed because I love this line, the 'clean-ness' of it and how it's made for people with problem skin...But no. This was terrible on my combo skin. If you have really dry skin, then please get a sample of this. They stay power was there and the coverage is buildable... Just not for combo peeps.

on 2/15/2016 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Tried lots of foundations this is one of the better products. It's a little pricy though, way more than regular drugstore brands due to its hypoallergenic nature - I have sensitive skin. I also need a moisturizing foundation because of my mixed, more mature complexion. This seems to work well for me. I try not to use powder in certain areas that will draw moisture and highlight wrinkles. I apply it all over sparingly and let it dry to a satin finish (downside is that it takes a while) and pat on more in places that require more coverage. Has a natural looking healthy glow on me anyway - ymmv. I use the P40 tone. It sets very well with powder (I also use the light Cover FX powder).

on 2/7/2016 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I use this with the Cover FX Illuminating Primer and I love it! It seems this is a foundation you love or hate - no in-between! I've received many compliments on my skin since I started wearing this. It evens outs my complexion nicely and gives me medium coverage. I use a moisturizer with SPF under the primer.

I got a sample of this from Sephora in the shade N10. At first I liked it. This provides a medium coverage and a matte finish on my dry skin. For the first couple hours it looks good and lasts well. However, after about 8 hours it started to seperate around my mouth. This very rarely happens to me. It also sunk into my smile lines and clung to my dry patches but I am used to this. I think this product may be breaking me out, but i'm not sure.

on 1/31/2016 9:42:00 PM

I would give this foundation zero lippies if I could.. At first, I thought this foundation would be very promising. I applied it and initially loved the finish.. It's a dewy finish, very radiant. I thought I may have found my new HG foundation. But after a few hours of wear, I noticed it started to accentuate my pores and the fine lines near my eyes. I wasn't too worried, nothing a quick touch up couldn't fix.. But within another hour or two, the foundation started to separate and slide off my face. I do not normally have oily skin but I seriously looked like a slicked up grease ball. It should be noted I used a primer, set my face with a setting powder and also setting spray. Highly disappointed and I will not be repurchasing.