Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.5

on 7/2/2013 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this. The second lightest is a good color match and better than some of Clinique's other foundation color choices. Usually, I go for the lightest color, but in this case it was too light, which shows there are a lot of choices. It's a little dark for winter though, for me. Loved it all summer. What I love is that it does not turn pink or orange or fade. Nor does it look caky as the day wears on, because it is dewy. It comes out of the tube very thick. The coverage is medium. You wouldn't want to apply it too thick, so you might want a to use some SPF underneath, though it has 30 spf. This does't have oil, but oilier types might prefer the BB. .The CC wears well on dry skin.

I have a fair amount of red on my nose and near it and it doesn't cover that, as advertised, but it's illuminating and diffuses the redness a bit. It's not meant to be heavy coverage, but better than you might expect and better than a tinted moisturizer. But it feels lighter a bit weird. .i have not tried other CCs, but it is heavier than any BB. A little goes a long way. Dab on the your hand and rub it with your finger and it will warm up and spread easier. Best to apply with fingers. If you don't warm it up first it is a chore to spread. It can look gloppy and thick.

Down side: It's expensive, though you get a lot and it should last a while. It's a bit of a job to apply. Takes a while for the color to set, so it's hard to test in the store. Get a sample or wait a few minutes. Does blend well though, so no disasters, but the palest is quite pale.

Update: My skin was getting less dry, so I switched to the BB. I like that too a lot better. That has more powdery, matte finish, but doesn't cake like actual powder does on me. Spreads easier too. This comes in more shades.

I so wanted to like this product. I have been wearing Clinique City Block but wanted to try this as so many have written positive about it. The cosmetic sales girl selected Medium Light for my complexion, but when I put it on it seems so mask like. It sits on top of my skin, rubs off on Kleenex, looks pasty. I don't understand how reviewers can say it makes your skin dewy. I have tried putting liss on, more on, I am sorry to say I just do not like this product at all.

Have three shoe boxes of foundation and finally found one I love. Tanned so using medium. Healthy glow. Good but natural cover. Stays on much better than expected. Well done Clinique.

on 5/7/2013 11:57:00 AM

Got a sample supply at Clinique in Light. Currently use a moisturizer then Clinique Super City Block SPF 40 then Clinique Superbalanced Powder Makeup (foundation built into it - now discontinued and will be switching to Mac Studio Fix Powder, a similar product). This gives me a matte look. I was hoping to use the CC Cream as a substitute for the moisturizer and sunblock, still using the powder. But the CC Cream is too heavy for my purpose - it really is a foundation and I did not find it lightweight, as advertised. I have read other reviews that said the sun block feature wasn't the best.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I wasn't sure about buying this after reading many less-than-enthusiastic reviews. Of course I read the reviews AFTER buying. I love it. Normally during the day I only wear lots of sunscreen but lately I've been wanting a bit of foundation too. As we know, even foundations with sunscreen require heavy application and many times my foundations don't work over my sunscreen. I chose light and it works perfectly for my skin color. It spreads smoothly and I apply it as I would over my usual sunscreen. My skin is older, a bit dryer so I am loving this stuff. It evens out my skin and covers small red or brown spots enough and I don't look made-up. I find that it is easy to blend. I always apply it over my regular sunscreen. I only apply it on my cheeks, nose and chin, and lightly. makes my skin perfect and I have extra sun protection.